Not happy with my layaway purchase from Fashionphile

jedi-girl

Sep 21, 2016
So I had an evora MM on layaway since November. I finally received it yesterday and was so disappointed when I opened the box. No fault of fashionphile at all, I just wasn't happy with the pre loved condition of the bag.

It had a couple cracks and the handles were real worn. Neither of which I was able to tell in the pictures.

*siiiiiiigggghhhhhhhh*

I just dropped it off at fed ex to send back, I wish I would have taken pictures but I was in such a hurry to get it out of my hands and back to fashionphile.

So I had an evora MM on layaway since November. I finally received it yesterday and was so disappointed when I opened the box. No fault of fashionphile at all, I just wasn't happy with the pre loved condition of the bag.

It had a couple cracks and the handles were real worn. Neither of which I was able to tell in the pictures.

*siiiiiiigggghhhhhhhh*

I just dropped it off at fed ex to send back, I wish I would have taken pictures but I was in such a hurry to get it out of my hands and back to fashionphile.
When you receive your money back, maybe save a little bit longer and purchase one in "like new" condition if you want to go the pre-loved route. Or save even longer and buy one brand new. Good luck!

*siiiiiiigggghhhhhhhh*

I've noticed they stopped taking complete photos of the date codes which to me raises a red flag. Their prices are so high because so many take advantage of their layaway and they highly advertise their buy back program so who knows how many abused the bag previously. Always read for cracks, tears, and glazing issues in item condition. Hopefully you get a full refund:smile:

So disappointing, especially with a bag you can't buy brand new :sad:
What are thinking of buying now?

I'm lucky to live 40 minutes from Fashionphile, so any bag purchase I can drive up and look at in person before I buy... and they are very good about answering questions or providing additional pictures

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
you do lose a percentage of your payment when you return a layaway, sadly. i had it happen once with them, but it was because i didn't like the bag, not because of their photos or description. if you purchase from fashionphile it really is best to buy outright and then return it if it doesn't work. don't give up.. just stalk their site for one in better condition if you really want that bag; i have found their photos to be highly accurate, and if you call they will even go get the bag and talk about it with you and describe it more.

Reactions: TrixyG

I'm lucky to live 40 minutes from Fashionphile, so any bag purchase I can drive up and look at in person before I buy... and they are very good about answering questions or providing additional pictures
that's awesome! I'm kind of glad I don't live near them though...haha.

*siiiiiiigggghhhhhhhh*

Such a bummer - what did they have the condition listed as? Time to go shopping! :smile: I've had good luck with Lollipuff (small selection, though) and now Trendlee (pricing varies widely in terms of what I think is a deal or not. I just got a great deal on a favorite but some of their other bags didn't seem so competitively priced. Anyway, there's a sale going on now :smile:).

oooh lucky! That would be dangerous for me haha