Not for me?

Lucki247

Dec 3, 2008
I just received my very first Balenciaga city bag and I'm kinda of disappointed. Don't get me wrong, the bag is gorgeous and I wish I loved it more. My overall issues is that it's not big enough for me. I measured it against my LV speedy 35 and it seems so smaller compared to the 35. I'm more used to bigger bags + i'm a plus size girl. My RM MAB bags are the perfect size for me. Perhaps a work would be better for me. I think I'll sleep on it and decide whether I will be sending this one back. :sad:

Anyone else have a similar experience with Balenciaga bags?

Did you get a regular hardware City? The Giant HW bags are a touch bigger. I absolutely love the Giant City but the rh City feels small to me.

I would try a Giant HW City, Part Time or Work in Giant or Regular HW!

You really need to try them on in person and decide what fits you best! I am sure one of these will be perfect for you!

I just received my very first Balenciaga city bag and I'm kinda of disappointed. Don't get me wrong, the bag is gorgeous and I wish I loved it more. My overall issues is that it's not big enough for me. I measured it against my LV speedy 35 and it seems so smaller compared to the 35. I'm more used to bigger bags + i'm a plus size girl. My RM MAB bags are the perfect size for me. Perhaps a work would be better for me. I think I'll sleep on it and decide whether I will be sending this one back. :sad:

Yes, I ordered a city in RH. You're right it's better to try in person! I wanted to have it here for my bday. The bag is a beauty but it just doesn't fit my preference. As a first timer i'll definitely will look in to the part time or work.

^^I am sorry that it will not make it for your bday. Happy Birthday! Believe me , it will be worth the wait!

I forgot to mention that the Day bag is a really nice bag if you like Hobos. I was never really a Hobo bag girl but I love the Day!

What color did you pick?

I've had RM MAB, Nikki & Devote bags and yes - they fit a lot more than an RH City (and are easier to get in and out of). The Maxi Twiggy looks similar to the MAB, though I've never seen them side by side. For all their virtues, & I love my RH Citys, they're not a 'lug a lot of stuff around' bag no matter what anyone tells you.

The PT fits a lot more, but it's not for everyone - try one on in person first. And if you like the style of the Day, you can fit heaps in it.

The city is too small for me too. I prefer the part time or larger hand held styles. Hope you find a style that works for you.

I'm a big RM MAM fan and find that the RH City compares to this RM style the best.
In fact I find that the MAM actually holds more than a RH City and even a giant hardware City.
I love the Work size when I need a lot of room and think that if you love your MABs then this style/size would be perfect for you.

have you thought of a velo? I liked the city, but i liked the taller velo better for my folders/notebooks. The part-time also fits more, but is more rectangular. guess it depends what all you want to fit into it. the work i dont think has a long strap, so that was a no-go for me. The velo strap is also longer so able to be worn cross-body.

hey there - I can totally relate. being 5'10 and not petite, I have owned & not loved many cities before I very recently discovered that the part-time looks WAY better on me. I know many other bags exist that are larger or look better- but on a larger framed person the part-time offers the look and feel of the city (and overall style/shape) without sacrificing that shape ..

and while on some people the part-time bag feels too long/east/west.. if you have a bigger build, you might find the part-time (especially in RH) to fit you just perfectly and even look just like a city if someone were to see you carrying it for example (apart from obvious details) ..

so yeah, give the PT a try! I have found this to be my ultimate solution to the city looking like a rinky doll bag on me. oh and btw.. don't try to let the city grow on you. if it makes you feel like a giant with a teeny bag (which is how i feel) - that feeling doesn't go away and you're better off switching to a better shape for you :idea:

but if you love the shape and look of the city, try the PT! the other shapes just aren't the same:biggrin:

sandysandiego I went with a 05 Marron City, such a beautiful brown color.

Thanks everyone! I decided to send it back and try to get to either the BALNY or Barneys and have a look at the bags up front. I'm leaning more toward a work because I like the extra room.

SweetK I know what you mean. I love the bag itself and and the leather is so soft like butter and lite so I did consider keeping since it is a little different from any other bags I own. The size just will not work for me.

I'm a big RM MAM fan and find that the RH City compares to this RM style the best.
In fact I find that the MAM actually holds more than a RH City and even a giant hardware City.
I love the Work size when I need a lot of room and think that if you love your MABs then this style/size would be perfect for you.

Agree with this!

The City is a gorgeous bag, for sure, but it's too small for me for regular use. As many of the lovely members here already know, I think the Work is pretty much God's gift, a miracle of modern design, made from unicorn hide and rainbows etc. . . . basically, it's a perfect bag, in every way, IMHO :biggrin:. That said, I recently sold my only City and I have to say I miss it- it's nice to have a smaller bag with a cross-body strap sometimes. I'd definitely look into getting another one in the future, but at the price point I couldn't totally justify keeping it and I'd sincerely recommend trying out the Work or Part Time (which is also pretty awesome!) if you think you'd get more use out of a bigger bag.