Not feeling Maggie at all so I returned her to have........ (Reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you ladies for the nice comments on my new Sabrina. I was inspired to get one after using the small Sabrina Spectator that I scored from Craigslist.

DSC00498.jpg

^^No, I've never known bags travel across oceans once taken back...darn...I was still hoping to get my hands on that Maggie, lol. :yes:
I thought returned boutique stuff went to the outlets. When I returned my Leah I took it straight to the outlet because I'd figured that's where it would end up :shrugs:

p.s. LOVE your spectator!

^^No, I've never known bags travel across oceans once taken back...darn...I was still hoping to get my hands on that Maggie, lol. :yes:
I thought returned boutique stuff went to the outlets. When I returned my Leah I took it straight to the outlet because I'd figured that's where it would end up :shrugs:

p.s. LOVE your spectator!

Thank you on the "Spectator" comment. I love this bag.

I also think it's a lil' crappy that a bag can be returned after use. There is going to be alot of trouble over this because I'm sure there have been many the good customer to want to take a very gently used bag back and wouldn't dream of it.

I would never expect a boutique to take back a bag that I had used, that is why so many ladies keep the tags on for long periods of time to decide if they are "feeling it" or not. So, if the bag will now go to the outlet COACH voluntarily took a loss on this bag?? Let alone a brand new release. This is what sites like Bag, Barrow & Steal are for. I think to use a bag out in public after snipping the tags then taking it back is just not right. JMO

Those Sabrina's have been highly sighted in the outlet's!!!

All in all I'm glad you got a bag you are happier with, but I think they way it was handled by both parties is just bad business. I can't even count the times I've carried a bag 1 time and wanted to return it, but since it was w/out tag's attatched and not NWT I knew I was SOL. Maybe we should all start test driving our bags a few days!!!

I think I'll take my Lindsay back, I've had her since Dec. but I've only carried her about 3 times!!! I have the tags & receipt so it shouldn't be a problem?! KWIM?!

This is just wrong in my opinion. You used the bag. It is not brand new. If you don't like it, then sell it on ebay or craigslist like others do. Don't take it back to the store where unsuspecting customers may purchase it as brand new. I know that you are from Vancouver and I have been a Coach customer for many, many, many years....so many years that I personally know all of the managers of the local stores as they all began as SAs downtown when I first started shopping there. I cannot imagine a single manager of those stores taking back that bag if you told them that you used it. I will be sure to ask them next time I am in though if this is a new policy that I am unaware of.

What if we all did this with bags we just didn't feel after using a few times? I'm sorry , but once it is USED , it shouldn't be returned just because you changed your mind. I agree , I wouldn't want to be the person who gets your used bag.

See, I don't feel this way. If the bag is new enough to pass SA inspection (i.e. no stains, no marks, no scruffs, no odd lipsticks left in inside pockets... and smells new, etc), I don't understand why it matters.

If I liked Maggies and found one that was exactly the same as the other brand new bags at the Coach store, I think I would be fine with it. Of course, this is assuming the bag is in pristine condition.... so theoretically, I would never know anyway. Get my drift? ;)

What if we all did this with bags we just didn't feel after using a few times? I'm sorry , but once it is USED , it shouldn't be returned just because you changed your mind. I agree , I wouldn't want to be the person who gets your used bag.

See, I don't feel this way. If the bag is new enough to pass SA inspection-assuming it's CAREFUL inspection (i.e. no stains, no marks, no scruffs, no odd lipsticks left in inside pockets... and smells new, etc), I don't understand why it matters.

If I liked Maggies and found one that was exactly the same as the other brand new bags at the Coach store, I think I would be fine with it. Of course, this is assuming the bag is in pristine condition.... so theoretically, I would never know anyway. Get my drift? ;)

I think that this bag will probably end up at the Outlet. I have seen TPF members posts lucky outlet finds of Sabrinas, Parkers and other bags when they were still selling for full price in the boutiques. I believe these bags are returns similar to this one, I don't think they are put back on the boutique floor. One offs like this are just that, and are sent randomly to outlets before they are in volume like the current sets of Leahs, Peytons and Zoes at the outlets now.....in a few months the outlets will be filled with Parkers etc. This is probably not a wide spread practice but at the Mgrs discretion for good customers etc

I would not personally be bold enough to return a bag I used, as much as I may want to sometimes but.....again I don't think this will be retagged and sold FP at the boutique...but who knows

Anyway, I would have thought you would have bought your Poppy Starlight bag in blueberry?

Regardless of where it goes (back to the boutique, or the outlets) it is ALL KINDS of WRONG to use a bag, no matter how "little" you used it... even if the tags were still on... and then to RETURN IT to get a full credit.

Not acceptable in any way, shape, or form. That's as tacky as wearing clothes, hiding the tags, and taking them back.

Tisk Tisk to the OP.

It's posts like that, that really turn me off the Coach brand.

Regardless of where it goes (back to the boutique, or the outlets) it is ALL KINDS of WRONG to use a bag, no matter how "little" you used it... even if the tags were still on... and then to RETURN IT to get a full credit.

Not acceptable in any way, shape, or form. That's as tacky as wearing clothes, hiding the tags, and taking them back.

Tisk Tisk to the OP.

It's posts like that, that really turn me off the Coach brand.

And it's condescending, judgmental posts such as this one--and many others in this thread--that turn me off this message board. It's not the OP's fault the manager took the bag back!

And it's condescending, judgmental posts such as this one--and many others in this thread--that turn me off this message board. It's not the OP's fault the manager took the bag back!

The Coach return policy is clear - new and UNUSED merchandise. The OP clearly stated she USED THE BAG for 3 days.

If you're not 100% sure, you can't just rent a bag for free and 'try it out' for a few days' and see how you like it. That's not how the world works.

Like someone else said, that's what bag borrow or steal.com is for

It's the fact that the bag was returned "USED" that is the point. It's supposed to be Coach's policy as stated everywhere that unused merchandise can be returned.
It's the second point that the store should not have accepted it back for full refund/exchange.

Yeah, I agree with B-Town.

This is getting a little out of hand, isn't it? I mean, the manager took the bag back. Obviously she felt it was in perfect condition. If it wasn't, it was the Coach manager's fault, and ultimately, Coach's. They should train their employees better if they accept a return that is in any way sub-par.

Status
Not open for further replies.