Not exactly bag related, but still Coach....

I guess it all depends on whether Coach is an at-will employer or not. If an employee signs a contract when first employed that discusses reasons for termination, etc. that's a different story.
Maybe someone who actually works for Coach can chime in here?

Never mind, see now that she lives in Michigan......:smile:.

That's hard to believe. I've seen plus size SAs at Coach stores. I guess it could happen but the supervisors and managers who allegedly said those things were both insensitive and really stupid.

For the most part their dress code is pretty generic; blue jeans, sweaters and button downs are available in all sizes. The management at this particular store may have had their own personal beliefs.

As a company that makes apparel they do not cater to plus sizes at all, maybe the management team took that and ran with it....all the way to a discrimination law suit.

Wow, not cool at all. I hope she wins. Sounds like a horrible experience. No person deserves to be treated like this. We are so much more than a number on the tag of a shirt!

It's a shame that companies in business to make money do not cater to women of most sizes or at least the most common size in the US. I read the average size for US women is 12 - 14.

For the most part their dress code is pretty generic; blue jeans, sweaters and button downs are available in all sizes. The management at this particular store may have had their own personal beliefs.

As a company that makes apparel they do not cater to plus sizes at all, maybe the management team took that and ran with it....all the way to a discrimination law suit.

I agree, the company attitude about Plus sizes is obvious just in their merchandise. NO plus sizes in clothing at all, no shoes available in Wide widths. And shoe width size isn't just a matter of how much you weigh, some of us just have wide feet. Back in the 60s and 70s when I was wearing a size 8 - a 1960s size 8, not the current measurements which would probably be equivalent to today's size 4 - I still needed a Wide width shoe. Some of us were born with Duck Feet and some weren't.

And when almost all jewely retailers have added ring sizes 9 and even 10 to their inventories, Coach merrily goes along selling only the standard 1980s size range of 6-7-8. When their jewelry items are made by a major 3rd party manufacturer anyway (is it still Carolee?), how big of a problem would it be to add one or two larger sizes?

So their disgusting and hugely insensitive "If you ain't thin, you ain't In" attitude doesn't surprise me. I really hope they get their scrawny corporate asses ripped in court.

Maybe I am reading this wrong, but bc she gained wait, you are surprised someone found her attractive?

And, yes, I am a little surprised, because 100 lbs is quite alot of weight. But I understand what she was going through. I had knee surgery and gained alot of weight. I didn't think it was attractive. Although this really amazing guy asked me out during that time.