not ebay, but its paypal

secretluvin

Oct 5, 2009
Hello, I just want to say a big thank you to everyone here who helps others who are in need for a good advice and I want to say that I do keep checking this forum more often just to learn how to deal if I had a problem with paypal or ebay.

I have a problem with a seller in paypal and he scammed me. I am a member for over 15 years in paypal and I can't believe this guy was able to scam me of $70 (i know its not a big number, but maybe he is doing that to others as well). He posted in tumblr that he was selling accounts (like tumblr username url) and he said he will give me a discount for 2 accounts and we agreed to use paypal. I contacted him on the 16th of January and i paid him in full on 19th (all the conversation were in emails between us)

So since the 19th, he did not reply to my email. I just thought he might be busy and its the weekend. as days goes by and he is not answering my emails, I wanted to make sure if he really scamming me or not. I contacted him from my other email today and asked him how much for the same accounts and he answred me so fast..just 3 minutes.....and he said he can sell them for me for $100.

while he was replying to my offers...i was emailing him from my original account and he is just ignoring me...and then i contacted him via tumble messenger and he was answering there as well,, but when I told him that I am the same person and asked him why he is not answering me, he just blocked me .

so i went to paypal and open Non-receipt Dispute for that transaction. Of course he replied to that with
" I gave you everything you paid for. Why are you lying?" and I wrote the whole story, when i first contacted him and when we agreed and when I paid...i wrote the whole thing with dates

Then he said he already emailed me the accounts when I paid and that I am lying.
I told him how come you said you gave me the account? but today from my other email you were offering me the SAME accounts for $100?

He will not refund me, so my question is, I want to escalate to PayPal ( i can do that on the 25th it says) and this is the first time for me to escalate to paypal about digital service (no tracing number).. will paypal accept the emails between us?

I got these:
1 - screenshot of his tumblr page + his posts where he is selling accounts with his paypal account under each post.
2- 13 emails between us from my original email to him on the 16th. (each one is in a pdf)
3 - the conversation from my other email to him when he was going to sell me the same account for 100
4 - screenshot of tumblr messnger

I hope I am doing the right thing. He just thought I wont fight him back over this.

Hello, I just want to say a big thank you to everyone here who helps others who are in need for a good advice and I want to say that I do keep checking this forum more often just to learn how to deal if I had a problem with paypal or ebay.

I have a problem with a seller in paypal and he scammed me. I am a member for over 15 years in paypal and I can't believe this guy was able to scam me of $70 (i know its not a big number, but maybe he is doing that to others as well). He posted in tumblr that he was selling accounts (like tumblr username url) and he said he will give me a discount for 2 accounts and we agreed to use paypal. I contacted him on the 16th of January and i paid him in full on 19th (all the conversation were in emails between us)

So since the 19th, he did not reply to my email. I just thought he might be busy and its the weekend. as days goes by and he is not answering my emails, I wanted to make sure if he really scamming me or not. I contacted him from my other email today and asked him how much for the same accounts and he answred me so fast..just 3 minutes.....and he said he can sell them for me for $100.

while he was replying to my offers...i was emailing him from my original account and he is just ignoring me...and then i contacted him via tumble messenger and he was answering there as well,, but when I told him that I am the same person and asked him why he is not answering me, he just blocked me .

so i went to paypal and open Non-receipt Dispute for that transaction. Of course he replied to that with
" I gave you everything you paid for. Why are you lying?" and I wrote the whole story, when i first contacted him and when we agreed and when I paid...i wrote the whole thing with dates

Then he said he already emailed me the accounts when I paid and that I am lying.
I told him how come you said you gave me the account? but today from my other email you were offering me the SAME accounts for $100?

He will not refund me, so my question is, I want to escalate to PayPal ( i can do that on the 25th it says) and this is the first time for me to escalate to paypal about digital service (no tracing number).. will paypal accept the emails between us?

I got these:
1 - screenshot of his tumblr page + his posts where he is selling accounts with his paypal account under each post.
2- 13 emails between us from my original email to him on the 16th. (each one is in a pdf)
3 - the conversation from my other email to him when he was going to sell me the same account for 100
4 - screenshot of tumblr messnger

I hope I am doing the right thing. He just thought I wont fight him back over this.

Lol why would you buy accounts? Anyways yes you are covered. I bought something digital on paypal and was scammed. I opened a case and They refunded my money back.

Reactions: PewPew
Hello, i know it might sound silly to pay for accounts but i really wanted that account. Anyway, i just want to say that I won the case and they refunded my money.

The seller was emailing me and telling me that paypal always side with the seller in the digital send/ no shipping, but he was totally wrong

Last edited:
I got this message from paypal this morning :

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

We were able to recover $70.00 USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges.

Reactions: acrowcounted
Wow! I'm glad they decided in your favor but based on the seller's statement, it's obvious he knew it was a scam and expected to stick it to you.

Hi there, I'm not sure this is the right place to post, but if not please redirect me. So here goes...
I saw a Chanel bag on eBay for buy it now or Best offer. The photos were okay but none of the inside, but seller said it was new but in description she stated it was used twice and in perfect condition. I emailed asking what the best offer was and she said she'd give me a good price if I did it through PayPal only. I was hesitant but she sent me her number and I messaged her asking more info and she said it was perfect inside out used only twice. I received the bag and it was okay outside but inside has loads of make up marks and the authenticity sticker is torn. So I messaged her and she responded saying I'm lying her bag was perfect. I said it's the exact bag she sent and sent her photos. She said I was lying and that PayPal would decide in her favour and her bag was perfect. The photo of the inside is taken at an angle that does not show the inside properly and is quite dark. So, I opened a dispute and about an hour later PayPal closed it in her favour without asking me anything saying she had phoned them and disagreed with my claim so they closed it in her favour! Now I called up PayPal and they said I could appeal but I need to get the condition appraised by someone on headed paper. Please can someone advice me on what to do as I've clearly been really stupid going outside eBay and getting scammed like this. Can I do a chargeback (which I've no experience of either) and how does it work. Basically, is there any way I can get my money back? Please help

If you have no before or after pics of the bag's inside, I don't think you have a case (with Paypal). Her version of perfect and yours might be very different, I don't see how an authenticator commenting on a bag's condition is of any help, letterhead paper or no. I don't know anything about chargebacks--the forum members here will have some good info on that.

Sorry this happened to you but yes, you went off ebay (bad) AND you didn't insist on more photos--you took a gamble and it didn't go well (for you). :sad: