"not CHANEL " toy boy jelly bag

May 9, 2010
Hey lovely ladies,

I've been so curious about a new global obsession that I just have to bring it up. Have you guys seen a bag that resembles Chanel le boy but is made of a Furla-like jelly material? In the Eastern market (Asia) it has become a huge hit over the past two months. This "toy boy " had been brought to attention by Hong Kong celebrities, therefore there is an increasing demand every day. This bag is advertised as a work of art, but isn't the $5000+ Chanel, yet isn't a fake. The average price it is going for in the States at the moment is $250-300 depending on size. How do you all feel about this? Personally, I think these bags are pretty cute but on the other hand if I were to ever wear it I'd feel like a traitor. Let me know your opinions!

If a 8 year old wore one I get it.. I still wouldnt like it but kids are kids. But on an adult its still a replica. Still a fake IMO 👎 hate replicas, hate copies, hate 'tributes' no no no!

Hey lovely ladies,

I've been so curious about a new global obsession that I just have to bring it up. Have you guys seen a bag that resembles Chanel le boy but is made of a Furla-like jelly material? In the Eastern market (Asia) it has become a huge hit over the past two months. This "toy boy " had been brought to attention by Hong Kong celebrities, therefore there is an increasing demand every day. This bag is advertised as a work of art, but isn't the $5000+ Chanel, yet isn't a fake. The average price it is going for in the States at the moment is $250-300 depending on size. How do you all feel about this? Personally, I think these bags are pretty cute but on the other hand if I were to ever wear it I'd feel like a traitor. Let me know your opinions!

If it's got a Chanel logo on it, it's a fake Chanel. It all goes back to trademarks and copyrights. Just because it's make of a different material doesn't mean it's not fake. Taking someone's logo and putting it on a replica makes it fake. It's not like these are in an art museum; they are being worn by people. I wonder what Chanel thinks of these Hong Kong celebrities?

If it's got a Chanel logo on it, it's a fake Chanel. It all goes back to trademarks and copyrights. Just because it's make of a different material doesn't mean it's not fake. Taking someone's logo and putting it on a replica makes it fake. It's not like these are in an art museum; they are being worn by people. I wonder what Chanel thinks of these Hong Kong celebrities?

+1 ....
I wonder who are these Hong Kong celebrities? :thinking: