Not as described confusion

Jul 16, 2012
Hi was wondering if anyone could help ?? I had my pre authenticated and won by best offer. It states natural wear and tear on the description and shows a picture of wrinkling. How ever the edge of the flap come out :sad: this is what it looks like in my pic

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1382635658.745155.jpg
And here's the link to the auction , in her pic it does not show this ? Do you think it would be rude to ask for a reduction in this ? Or is this as described?

http://******/H8YGWH

The description in the seller's listing states "there is some natural wear & tear on the
inside flap other than that its completely fine."

I probably would have asked for pictures of the inside just to be clear what wear
& tear exactly was. Picture #3 just shows the flap & not a close up either.

Can this be repaired & approximately what would the cost be?

The seller did not provide enough interior pics, so would you like to return it or would
you like a partial??

You can share your thoughts with the seller, but the seller may feel she described the
item accurately for her.

I don't wish to return it, as it is only on that flap. I just would have thought that would be a little thing to point out. I don't know how to go about asking for a partial, I guess I should have asked for a photo of it but because she added one I assumed the wrinkle was the wear and tear. Thanks for your comment :smile:

I don't wish to return it, as it is only on that flap. I just would have thought that would be a little thing to point out. I don't know how to go about asking for a partial, I guess I should have asked for a photo of it but because she added one I assumed the wrinkle was the wear and tear. Thanks for your comment :smile:

Your seller should have pointed that out in a close up picture, however,
she did not. On ebay one can't "assume" anything. Questions need to be asked
& additional pictures provided for clarity.. a lesson for the future

Whether it was intentional oversight or not, you don't know.

You could find out the cost of what the repair might be, if you want
to repair it & let your seller know that.

Your seller may want to work it out or she may not.

You won't know until you ask.. if that is what you want to do..

Hi was wondering if anyone could help ?? I had my pre authenticated and won by best offer. It states natural wear and tear on the description and shows a picture of wrinkling. How ever the edge of the flap come out :sad: this is what it looks like in my pic

View attachment 2376208
And here's the link to the auction , in her pic it does not show this ? Do you think it would be rude to ask for a reduction in this ? Or is this as described?

Actually, in picture #6, you can see the tear. (I wouldn't have noticed it except for the fact that you showed it. The seller definitely should have disclosed it.)

Although I don't generally advocate sellers giving partials, this is one instance where the seller was negligent and if you as the buyer are willing to settle for a partial, I think it's appropriate.

Actually, in picture #6, you can see the tear. (I wouldn't have noticed it except for the fact that you showed it. The seller definitely should have disclosed it.)

Although I don't generally advocate sellers giving partials, this is one instance where the seller was negligent and if you as the buyer are willing to settle for a partial, I think it's appropriate.

Thanks BB , how do you think I should rephrase it ? The seller other than that has been good particularly with photos for date codes and postage. And I don't want that to go unnoticed.

Your best offer for this wallet sold for under $150 USD ..

Would you think 15% an appropriate amount to accept as a partial?
What do you think LV or a good cobbler would charge to fix this?
You could ask for that full amount once you know what it is so
that your seller has some type of a price guideline & can respond
to you more appropriately.

Last edited:
Your best offer for this wallet sold for under $150 USD ..

Would you think 15% an appropriate amount to accept as a partial?
What do you think LV or a good cobbler would charge to fix this?
You could ask for that full amount once you know what it is so
that your seller has some type of a price guideline & can respond
to you more appropriately.

Unfortunately I do not live near an LV store so I would have to ring and ask but I would assume it would be near to what I paid from what I've read about other repairs , I'm not sure about a cobbler because once someone outside LV has repaired it LV won't. I think 15% is reasonable.

Unfortunately I do not live near an LV store so I would have to ring and ask but I would assume it would be near to what I paid from what I've read about other repairs , I'm not sure about a cobbler because once someone outside LV has repaired it LV won't. I think 15% is reasonable.

I would ring LV, take a pic & e-mail to LV (contact info) to see
what they say & if LV will give you an estimate via e-mail.

I know there are many good cobblers that people use for Chanel,
CL & other high end designers for repairs, but agree LV is a better
option.

If you would be happy with 15%, then just contact the seller and
ask.. You won't know what seller is thinking unless you them ask & give
them a chance to respond.

This is what I have composed to the seller

Hello I have the received the organiser today in the post however on inspection of the flap I noticed that the wear and tear is different to what you stated , please look at my picture included. I however would like to keep the piece but would obviously have to look at getting this repaired , under this circumstance would you be prepared to offer a partial refund to cover my cost of repair ?

Do you think this comes off ok ? Again the seller has been good in describing everything but this and do not want to leave negs or anything like that

This is what I have composed to the seller

Hello I have the received the organiser today in the post however on inspection of the flap I noticed that the wear and tear is different to what you stated , please look at my picture included. I however would like to keep the piece but would obviously have to look at getting this repaired , under this circumstance would you be prepared to offer a partial refund to cover my cost of repair ?

Do you think this comes off ok ? Again the seller has been good in describing everything but this and do not want to leave negs or anything like that
I would definitely mention to the seller that this was something that was existing on the wallet prior to its sale (as shown in the picture and as I pointed out above) and it certainly should have been disclosed.

This is a new (and therefore inexperienced) seller and giving the benefit of the doubt, she probably isn't aware of the importance of full disclosure.

Selling on ebay is a "learn as you go" process and hopefully, she'll accept this as a learning experience and in the future, she'll be very specific in describing, disclosing and photographing any problems.

If necessary, you can point the seller here where she can read the importance of full and accurate listings.

View attachment 2376208

In my opinion a tear is a tear and not just "wear and tear"
The seller may have missed it but either you should be able to mail the item back or if you can get it repaired they should pay to have the tear repaired. Let us know what happens.

Ok I have sent her a message with my picture for a partial refund and I'll see what happens. I wouldn't mind it normally but I think with this lining eventually with use it will just tear further. I just wish she had shown the full tear in it. If she doesn't offer me a partial then I'll have to look at repairing it myself or through LV. Thanks for everyone's help , again this is nothing against this seller at all she's been good with other communication.

Your seller should have disclosed this flaw but frankly, you still got a good deal (as long as the rest of the wallet is in good condition). And apparently you agree with this because you don't want to return it. Asking for $20 is reasonable, I'd guess but it's not going to get your wallet repaired and I wouldn't be surprised if the seller declines.