Not about Covid..Sheltering for Hurricane Nicholas

Roxannek

Nov 28, 2014
Are all my Gulf Coast tPf friends ok? I am on Galveston Island and went through a CRAZY night Monday when Hurricane Nicholas hit. And I mean scary crazy. I am here by myself in our beach house with Fig and Olive, (my little weenie babies). I have never been so scared. I would have evacuated but the storm was not expected to be a hurricane. The wind was like I cannot explain, never experienced anything like it before. For about 12 hours I had to carry my smallest doxie down the stairs to go potty because our house is on stilts. I was afraid she would blow away. Power has been out now since Monday afternoon and I just had to empty my fridge and freezer of all the food.:mad: I am OK and I praise the Lord all 3 of us are ok. My hubby is able to come down today and pick us up to head back to home in North East Texas. I have been enjoying reading the purse forum in the dark when I could find a little spot with a cell signal.
My house is not in the photos but this is in my neighborhood. Some damage to decks, fences, roofs, trees and landscape but nothing catastrophic. My baby Fig hiding in the covers with me.E883BB4D-C8E8-49FE-8987-938A4539124C.png2D796AF9-F7D4-483A-AFD4-D6DBD25B9777.pngEF02056B-8844-4188-A1CB-4BF850083033.jpeg

Glad you are okay. It's weird, there was so much media coverage leading up to Ida but it seems like they waiting until the last minute to cover Nicholas.

Fig is absolutely adorable!!

Glad you are okay. It's weird, there was so much media coverage leading up to Ida but it seems like they waiting until the last minute to cover Nicholas.

Fig is absolutely adorable!!
Aww thanks! She is a sweetie! Yes very weird, like an hour before it became a serious storm it took a different path and came straight at us. No time to evacuate, no where to go. So we just hunkered down in a closet for a few hours with a flashlight.

Reactions: bag-mania