Not a joke: Hermès scarf giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs Bee,
thanks for clarifying that it's a Bill.

May I again ask which exchange rate that you will be wanting the members to use?
The Bid/MidMarket/Ask?
Which closing agency as well? Reuters, Bloomberg, Bank closing etc
Which closing time? 3pm Tokyo, 10am NY etc.

I apologize in advance for all the questions as without these, the 'right' answer can be dependent on what you will like the participants to use.

LOL you are trying to get an Excel up and at least price in the pull to redemption factor, aren't you? Yeah right that you are financial illiterate especially when you know that there is a spread on these things (the number is going to be the bid price), LOL! Only investment bankers and fund managers are proficient at putting together an Excel model to price it!

Actually you are right that it is not a Bill by US definition because it is more than one year old and is not a zero coupon discounted issue but it's a UK definition with anything less than 2 years on it regardless of whether it is a zero coupon discounted or coupon issue. I am going by Reuters London market close which is 4.30pm GMT (which is a flaw on my part because the competition closes at 11pm GMT :P).

And currency is also Reuters but as you know forex market opens 24 hours a day so you can't look up your Reuters terminal to find that because the newspaper I am getting the numbers off probably don't have a fixed timing for it! In any case I can guarantee you are not going to be able to price the spot currency moves (at least accurately to the nearest 2 pips which can cause potentially at least 4% variance on the guess number) because UK current account deficit number is coming out this Wednesday!

Mrs Bee,
rest assure, I won’t be pulling out an excel spreadsheet. I have absolutely no interest in your scarf. I am only a stay-at-home-mum. We have invested our money here and there, hence the very little knowledge. With respect to the width in prices, anyone who has ever travel will know.

FX currency is traded 24 hours, but you mentioned that the winner will be announced after you have verify the numbers in your FT paper on Thursday morning, and as you are looking at the FT closing, they take all their FX rates from WM/Reuters at 4pm (London time). It’s all printed in the FT.
http://investing.reuters.co.uk/Investing/Currencies.aspx?WTmodLoc=HP-L2-LeftNav-8
http://www.marketprices.ft.com/markets/currencies/ab

The information sounded vague and numbers coming out on Wednesday, I wanted to clarify. So, there can only be a good enough guess ONLY on Wednesday 4pm ish London Time. Perhaps this other link might aid other members more:
http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/rates/

In the event that no one wins this prize, and your intent is to give it away, perhaps you’ll like to consider your local hospital. Female cancer patients undergoing chemo would appreciate a scarf that they can wear as a headscarf.

Thank you.

Mrs Bee,
rest assure, I won’t be pulling out an excel spreadsheet. I have absolutely no interest in your scarf. I am only a stay-at-home-mum. We have invested our money here and there, hence the very little knowledge. With respect to the width in prices, anyone who has ever travel will know.

FX currency is traded 24 hours, but you mentioned that the winner will be announced after you have verify the numbers in your FT paper on Thursday morning, and as you are looking at the FT closing, they take all their FX rates from WM/Reuters at 4pm (London time). It’s all printed in the FT.
http://investing.reuters.co.uk/Investing/Currencies.aspx?WTmodLoc=HP-L2-LeftNav-8
FT.com / Market data / Currencies

The information sounded vague and numbers coming out on Wednesday, I wanted to clarify. So, there can only be a good enough guess ONLY on Wednesday 4pm ish London Time. Perhaps this other link might aid other members more:
Bloomberg.com: Rates & Bonds

In the event that no one wins this prize, and your intent is to give it away, perhaps you’ll like to consider your local hospital. Female cancer patients undergoing chemo would appreciate a scarf that they can wear as a headscarf.

Thank you.

There has to be a winner because there must be a person with the nearest guess!

Wow, how generous of you. Congrats on your wedding too.

I have absolutely no idea on the whole stock/foreign exchange/treasury bizzo but I'll take a stab.

How's 196.773666?

Mrs Bee,

FT.com / Market data / Currencies

Bloomberg.com: Rates & Bonds

Thank you.

Airmess, you seem to have more of an interest in Bee Bee's scarf than anyone else here!! LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.