Norwegian girls, Please help me!

Sallydarling

Feb 14, 2010
Hi fellow norwegian purse lovers,

I have a problem. I have found this beautiful handbag from LV on eBay, and like I always do, I get the seller to ship the bag to Poste Restante in Strømstad, Sweden. You know, to get away from the tax. The bag is sent from France, and costs around 10 000 NOK, so I save many thousands.

Well, the problem is that the seller is hesitant to send it to this address in stead of my home address in Norway - which I can understand. Can you please write in this thread that it is common for us to do it this way? You see, my name isn't in the address, I got a ID number from the post office: http://www.posterestantestromstad.no

so of course she gets skeptical :sad:

It is in norwegian, so it's really no help for the seller to read the web page either.

So she is worried about me picking up the bag and then claim that the bag never came.

In norwegian:

Gidder noen å bekrefte på engelsk at nordmenn gjerne vil slippe å betale moms, og at det derfor er vanlig å få pakker tilsendt til Poste Restante i Strømstad? Jeg bor i Oslo, så jeg bruker bare en time.

Thank you / Tusen takk :heart:

I'm not in Norway, but if you're paying through PayPal, she's right not to ship to an address other than what's listed on your account. If you want to pay that way / have her ship that way, add the address to your account so that she'll be able to keep her seller protection.

As a seller I would NEVER ship to a different address then listed on a buyer's paypal account because they asked me to. If you want it shipped to another address add it to your account.

Thank you so much, but I don't think it will work because the post office is in Sweden, and you can't have two different countries in one account :pout:
If that's not possible, I don't know how you're going to buy expensive items. No seller in her right might will change a shipping address if it's not the one that paypal says is the shipping address.

Sometimes for relatively inexpensive items, sellers will take a chance, but there's no way a seller is going to do it for an expensive item.

If that's not possible, I don't know how you're going to buy expensive items. No seller in her right might will change a shipping address if it's not the one that paypal says is the shipping address.

Sometimes for relatively inexpensive items, sellers will take a chance, but there's no way a seller is going to do it for an expensive item.

There's no way around it and the bag must be sent to my home. It was worth a shot - I could have saved over 400 dollars :smile:

I'll just try to forget the tax and enjoy my brand new handbag :biggrin:

Thanks again everybody.

There's no way around it and the bag must be sent to my home. It was worth a shot - I could have saved over 400 dollars :smile:

I'll just try to forget the tax and enjoy my brand new handbag :biggrin:

Thanks again everybody.
Like others have said, no seller in their right mind will ship to any other address than the one on the PP payment. Buyers then claim item not received and get their Money back. The seller will then lose their item and the Money. An absolute NO go in any experienced Sellers mind.

I am sorry you pay such high custom fees in Norway, it is the same in Sweden, we pay over 35% in custom fees. If you still got a good deal for your dreambag you will pay much less than retail anyway, even adding the custom fees.

Enjoy your new bag!

adding: if you want to avoid custom fees etc the only way would be for you to pay via bankwire, then the seller would feel safe about you not being able to open an item not received. You on the other hand would not be able to do anything should the seller turn out to be untrustworthy. You would not get your Money back should the seller decide not to ship anything to you.