Northeast, All Set for the Nor'easter/Blizzard?

This was just posted on our local news Facebook page:

ABC 7 Chicago
WEATHER ALERT: Major U.S. airlines have canceled 2,933 flights ahead of what could be a historic blizzard in the Northeast on Friday.

And this

As our Thursday Thrasher moves away, it will team up with a disturbance in the southern branch of the jet stream to create a MAJOR storm system for the Northeast tomorrow and Saturday. New York, Boston Portland all likely to have bizzard conditions with snowfall measured in feet in many areas with 60+mph winds. Locally after some a.m. flurries, Friday and Saturday are quiet in advance of Sunday's warmup and rain. No significant snowfall in sight with temps trending toward February averages next week. Michael C.

I'm in New England and I am not looking forward to this blizzard. Plus, even though it's all over the news to be off the roads by noon, my place of employment will not close early. We are non essential employees. Officer workers. Why we need to be there is beyond me.

It's hideous outside right now and the wind is suppose to get worse throughout the day with the temperature dropping as well. I'm not planning on heading outside especially since I'm not working today. I was thinking about heading to the mall but with the thirty car pile up last week due to bad weather, shopping isn't too important!

Got to take out the old snow machine!

It's not too bad here as far as I can tell. I'm here at work until 4. Unless I choose to leave early which I might since my cell phone went off at 3:40 AM this morning to notify me about the blizzard I already knew about. I didn't get back to sleep and I'm exhausted.

I'm on Long Island and it's just raining now. The temperatures are supposed to drop drastically hence the coming snow. Mom and I are home with shovels at the ready! Nothing more we can do but stick it out.

People are legit freaking out. Gas lines are just as crazy as when Sandy hit (some of which already ran out of gas!) and supermarkets ran out of milk and bread. I mean I can't blame people for acting the way they are acting considering what went down with Sandy, but hopefully we all make it out of this alright. Just need to keep our ears open for updates and shovel, shovel, shovel!

My poor sister and her boyfriend are on a plane waiting to fly to Mexico. As of a few hours ago, they were de-icing the wings. Not sure what the status is at this point. Such a shame if they can't get there.

thankfully we will get spared here in Pittsburgh. As for the grocery stores I never understood why milk and bread.. you can only make so much with it lol.

I shoveled one round last night, one round this morning to go to work, then shoveled another hour after work... it's intense!

We got off early today due to the terrible weather condition.