North Face sizing help

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I really want to get a North Face or two, because I am always cold aaalll winter, and I'm tired of it! :smile:

The problem is that I'm 5ft tall, and weigh about 95 lbs. I tried on an xs denali today at Nordie's and it felt really big on me. I was hoping to get a denali to wear under my peacoat, or as a Fall coat. I also wanted to get a really warm winter coat.

Do any North Face jackets run smaller?

2. I have an XS Nuptse jacket and that is a little big for me. Im a UK 6-8. Not tried any others on though.

I want to get some sort of lining for my jacket as its not warm enough for me and I live in the UK!!!!!

3. i don't think any run smaller, but you can try the kids section. most of the north face stuff looks the same for women and for kids.

4. ^ I was thinking about trying the kids stuff. I read a review that said the girls jackets arm-length was an issue, but I'll try them on and see. Thanks!

5. Definitely try kids. I'm 5'6" 120 and the xs is still a little big in north face. I tried kids and the sleeves were just barely too short for me so assuming your arms are proportionate it might not be an issue for you.

6. I too find that North Face runs a bit big. I like the recommendation of trying the kids section, but I would be a little concerned that they would be too short at that point..

7. I'm 5"2 and 105lbs and the xs is TOO Big!! :sad: but that's the smallest size they have.. u should try the kids

8. I'm 5'2 and 98 pounds and I find the kids sizes to be wayyy too boxy. I just deal with the xs womens denali fleece bc I don't really care that it's too big. I generally only wear it when I'm bumming it so I it's no big deal.