Normandy Issues

ryns

O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
it seems anywhere i place my normandy somehow the bottom sticks to the surface. There are 4 metal feet in the normandy and i don't understand why this is happening. The canvass is now kinda sticky. I've used the bag only thrice since i bought it.

Maybe you put it down somewhere and it still has some sticky residue on the bottom. Is the bag's bottom or the feet sticky when you touch them with your bare hands?

it seems anywhere i place my normandy somehow the bottom sticks to the surface. There are 4 metal feet in the normandy and i don't understand why this is happening. The canvass is now kinda sticky. I've used the bag only thrice since i bought it.
Is it just the bottom that feels sticky or is it the entire bag?

Maybe you put it down somewhere and it still has some sticky residue on the bottom. Is the bag's bottom or the feet sticky when you touch them with your bare hands?
I don't usually place my bag on the floor or anywhere it may get dirty. Its the bottom of the bag thats sticky. The parts where the bag is connected.

Its the bottom only. Thing is im so careful with my bags and i just don't put it anywhere.
Try using non-alcoholic scent-free baby wipes to clean the canvas and allow to thoroughly dry. If it's still sticky then apply a light dusting of baby powder, avoiding the stitches as best you can, using an old cosmetic brush (obviously a clean one), allow to rest for a minute or so, then gently remove with a dry tissue. I did this once with sticky canvas and it worked like a charm.

I would take some cottonballs with some Pure Foaming Soap and gently in circular motion, wash it. Then wipe it a few times with wet clean( no fabric softener) cloth using Bottled Water (without chemicals)to rinse the Soap off, and let it dry. If that doesn't remove the stickiness then I would return it. You may have gotten a bag with an unfinished canvas on the bottom. That bottom piece may have been attached from another piece of canvas, which may not have had the final coating on it or something.

It's really disappointing to see quality slipping in ALL the designer bags, and I have had designer bags for over 25 years, way before the handbag obsession began ;)
Higher end bags used to be made to last. Now they're rushed at the factories and are disposable ....but still pricey.

I am not an LV expert, but I have worked with canvas rugs....

Try using non-alcoholic scent-free baby wipes to clean the canvas and allow to thoroughly dry. If it's still sticky then apply a light dusting of baby powder, avoiding the stitches as best you can, using an old cosmetic brush (obviously a clean one), allow to rest for a minute or so, then gently remove with a dry tissue. I did this once with sticky canvas and it worked like a charm.
I will do that and update you! Thanks so much! I just wonder if this is quality issue.

I would take some cottonballs with some Pure Foaming Soap and gently in circular motion, wash it. Then wipe it a few times with wet clean( no fabric softener) cloth using Bottled Water (without chemicals)to rinse the Soap off, and let it dry. If that doesn't remove the stickiness then I would return it. You may have gotten a bag with an unfinished canvas on the bottom. That bottom piece may have been attached from another piece of canvas, which may not have had the final coating on it or something.

It's really disappointing to see quality slipping in ALL the designer bags, and I have had designer bags for over 25 years, way before the handbag obsession began ;)
Higher end bags used to be made to last. Now they're rushed at the factories and are disposable ....but still pricey.

I am not an LV expert, but I have worked with canvas rugs....
Thanks for the help. Its just saddening to know that this is a quality issue. Actually some of my tables have bag marks because of this bag.

I will do that and update you! Thanks so much! I just wonder if this is quality issue.
I don't know if it's a quality issue or not - do you by chance live in a hot/humid environment or store your purses where there's limited air circulation? I remember a few summers back I didn't touch one of my bags and instead it remained stored and resting in the same position for several months - sure enough the side it had been resting on was sticky like what you've described.

How strange. How long have you had the bag for?

I don't know if it's a quality issue or not - do you by chance live in a hot/humid environment or store your purses where there's limited air circulation? I remember a few summers back I didn't touch one of my bags and instead it remained stored and resting in the same position for several months - sure enough the side it had been resting on was sticky like what you've described.
Yes i live in a humid country. My bag is stored quite well i shower them with dehumidifiers i think they are called silica gels. Its just this bag i should say that had that problem. My other bags are sitting beside my normandy.