Nordtroms return policy

I don't know if this is the answer that you were looking for, but less than a month ago I went to Nordstrom for them to look at the fraying on my Longchamp bag because I didn't like the look and wanted to see how I could combat it or something. Instead, the SA gave me a whole new bag! Granted, I did keep the tag of the bag inside the bag with the Nordstrom barcode sticker they put on everything...but she didn't even ask for that until she said she would give me a whole new bag. I guess it depends on the SA? Good luck! Nordstrom has an amazing return policy, from my experience.

They are great at CS but if you have nothing at all to show you got it there, I don't know. One time I was successful in exchanging a cosmetic item for defective packaging (cracked tube) w/o box or anything. But that was a $20 item....not an expensive bag.

they do have great customer service. they will accept your return, but im not sure how much they will give back to you.

like if the bag recently went on sale they will give you the sale price back. but if its never gone on sale then you would get full price. KWIM?

why not just do an even exxhange? .. if they still have the bag atleast. then you dont have to worry about how much you will get back or whatever. just take it in and see what happened. Ohhh if the person that gave it to you bought it with their CC maybe they can look it up like that?

If you can give them the name and city of residence of the person who gave it to you (and that person is in their system) they should be able to look up that person's buying history and see your bag in there. In which case they will absolutely, 100%, without a doubt give you a full refund. If you want cash back be prepared to give them your ID.

Good luck.

i used to work at nordies so i can answer this one for you.

SAs can look up style numbers on bags etc. and check prices. they should definitely be able to give you store credit though that depends on the manager at that department. i don't think they'll be able to do a return for it since you're missing the swing tag with the uii barcode that the SAs stick on as well as the receipt. if you had the original credit card the bag was purchased with, they'd be able to do a history check on it but since it was a gift i imagine this wouldn't be the case.

hope that helps!

Last time (probably a couple of years ago) I had a problem with a bag purchased from Nordies, I asked if they could get it repaired and they told me the could not but they would give me my money back....no issue with how long ago the bag had been purchased. Yesterday, I went in with my Gryson bag which had a broken snap after one year owned (and treated well). I was told they will only give $ back if six months or less and for repair, they would have to get an estimate and I would have to pay. I told her I'd prefer to either have Gryson repair it or I'd take it to a local cobbler.
Later, at a different Nordstrom, I was talking with a SA who knows me. I asked her what their policy was and she said it's up to the manager. Depends partly on how the bag has been treated; they may pick up the cost for repair or they may give you a refund.
I'm probably going to get it fixed myself but I thought the change in policy was interesting. Also the difference in SAs...one who adamantly told me the policy and one who seemed more flexible. In this case, I didn't think it was worth fighting about. But Nordies has always been top of the line in customer satisfaction so this is somewhat disappointing.
Anyone else seen change in Nordies customer service?

In these times, I'm not surprised that Nordstrom is less flexible in their return policy. I always thought it was odd of them to take back used items at all. To me even a 6 month used return policy is extremely generous. No other retailer takes back used items.

As far as their repairs go, I have sent several bags out for repair. The cost is usually minimal and they always have let me know the cost before repairing. I recently had a zipper pull repaired and a strap restitched. It only cost me $5. I think they use local cobblers, so it could vary from city to city.

I agree the old policy was extremely liberal. I think, however, this time I didn't get the most helpful SA. She told me they send the bags to Costa Mesa or somewhere outside San Diego and she would have no idea what it would cost...basically encouraged me to just take care of it myself.

This interesting. NM has a 1 year repair policy. I'm surprised that Nordstrom is only six months. When paying a lot for a bag, I would expect it to last at least a year. Most retailers can tell the difference between a defect vs. just wear and tear.

I don't know if you're paying attention at all, but retailers are dropping like flies. Nordies return policy was kind of ridiculous (not that DD didn't take advantage).

Already agreed their old policy was extremely liberal. I don't think excellent customer service from a store that is fairly pricey should be characterized as ridiculous. And I doubt Nordstrom is going to be going out of business.

things are changing at nordstrom. I deal strickly with one SA in the mens department and the last time I was there, he kept asking for forgiveness that he was held up with other customers before he could help us and that they were no longer wrapping or boxing purchases, he kept repeating "we are going green." He just looked really tired and upset.

I love Nordstrom and I don't want them to customer service themselves out of business. I also don't want them to go the way of Macy's, sloppy stores, checkout corrals, no customer service and lower priced items.