Nordtroms return policy

I believe it.

I don't shop at Nordstrom's-but, my stepdaughter does and she told me she once returned a pair of Coach flats that she had worn twice and had bought a year previously and did not have the receipt for but they took them back without even blinking.

I have actually seen them turn away a customer with a return. She was upset. I would have been too. I came in in the middle of the conversation, but it was so odd because there were back to back customers with returns that were turned away. They didn't have tags or receipts. So maybe they are getting a little more forceful.

They would never do that to me. They know me and they know I will cut them off in a heartbeat. That's not a good look.

Interestingly enough, I was at nordstrom's the other day when this woman showed up with a Coach purse & wallet that she wanted to exchange. the purse looked like an older style, and she was trying to coerce the SA to give her a credit because it was a gift. Anyway, the SA told her it wasn't a style they ever sold, but he would check with the manager. The manager came over, looked at the bag, and told her that they couldn't take the bag back. Maybe they aren't as lenient as they used to be?

I've seen customers turned away too for returns. So I do think they are being more forceful with it.

I worked at Nordstroms (in the cosmetics department) myself, and yes, we would get some INSANE customers with disgusting returns. I'm talking about a bar of USED soap in a plastic baggie that the customer wanted to return for a full refund. And guess what? I had to take it back. BUT...when things like that happen, the customer's information goes into a database and they're flagged and if they try to make more ridiculous returns, the manager has to be consulted on them.

But yes, overall, Nordstrom's has great customer service and a great return policy. People do abuse it, and it's disgusting, but it will catch up with them eventually.

Nordstrom's return policy is great; it's one of the main reasons I shop at Nordstrom. However, going in every 3 months for an "upgrade" is incredible dishonest and just an abuse of their lenient system. Its people like her that jeopardize honest returns when something turns out to be a defect or the quality/craftsmanship does not hold up :yucky: Next time you see her, maybe you should mention karma sucks!!! :yes:

I have actually seen them turn away a customer with a return. She was upset. I would have been too. I came in in the middle of the conversation, but it was so odd because there were back to back customers with returns that were turned away. They didn't have tags or receipts. So maybe they are getting a little more forceful.

They would never do that to me. They know me and they know I will cut them off in a heartbeat. That's not a good look.

I return a lot of stuff (all new of course). Usually I order stuff online because I hate the selection at my local stores and then return what doesn't work. Generally they are really good at returns but I have run into lazy SAs who tell me I have to go to another department. I buy so much there I know it's not true.

Also, once my receipt didn't come up on the sticker when they scanned it in and they were looking at me weird like "Did you BUY this? It was one of their store brands so it definately came from there. Luckily I had the receipt in my wallet and they took it back. So save your receipts even if they put those stickers on it.

FYI - on many items they are starting to put the second barcode for returns on the actual price tags instead of the stickers so customers can't tell it was returned. I have seen these new price tags on several items now.

I LOVE Nordstrums. I shop a lot and return very little. Nordstrums is always my first choice on where to buy something from. I was there just last night. There is a Gucci watch I wanted. I first went into Gucci and I was just about to buy it (since I was told the price was going up today 2/12/07) and I asked about the return policy. It is a bangle style band and I have never worn a solid hard band like that before so just in case I really hated it. I was told no refunds only store credit. I was not planning on returning it unless I find it totally uncomfortable (which I would know within a few hours). So I went to Nordstrums and they had it so of course I bought it there. I was asking about the warranty since I know that if I was to have bought it at Gucci it has an extra 3 years on top of the normal 2 years making if I were to have bought it at Gucci a total of 5 years. When I asked the Nordstrums SA he said 3 years but if anything went wrong with it after that time they would take care of the repair for me. I much rather buy it from a place I know I can return if I end up hating it (within a few days of course) then a place that offers no cash refunds.By the way I am keeping the watch I love it!!!

My husband LOVES shoes. 99% of his shoes are Ecco's. After buying MANY pairs (probably over 20 pairs) he has discovered that Ecco had a problem with with the rubber soles drying out and cracking and totally falling apart. This has happened on about 60% of his Ecco's (all bought at Nordstrums) Yes, he is bad about rotating his shoes so it seems like the ones that he does not wear are the ones that have the problem. This was a known problem with Ecco shoes they have supposedly fixed this problem and changed the material they use now. Since Ecco's are not cheap he has taken most of the pairs that have fallen apart back. He just wants an exchange of the same style. A few weeks ago we went though his closet and found 4 pairs that the bottoms are all cracked and dried out. 2 of them I have never even been worn more that once or twice. I feel odd bringing back 4 pairs of shoes all at once. So far he has taken one of the four back for an exchange. It is nice to know if you are spending good money on what is supposed to be an 'luxury brand" that they will totally stand behind it.

Nordstrom is wising up though-they no longer take a return without their sticker on it-like Dillards-you can't return it without one of those. When I first shopped Nordies in Seattle way back in 83-I saw them take a black dress back that this older lady said that she bought there for some ungodly amount of money. It was obvious that the dress was homemade-yet they gave her the money back that she said she'd paid for it. Unbelievable the nerve that some people have-and NO GUILT! If I'd worn something, left the tags on it, and took it back as new-my Catholic guilt would kill me!:shrugs:

Alot ppl abuse companies for their return policies. One day Nordstrom will have a stricter policy b/c of ppl like that girl "upgrading" her bags every 3 months. There were many stores in the past (like Gap and BR) that were pretty lenient and now not anymore b/c i assume too many ppl had abused their return policy. Even w/ Toys r us, last year they would take back toys that didn't have a receipt (although they can scan the bar code and know whether it's one of their toys) and issue a store credit. But this year, all that has changed. Every year when I throw my daughter a big bday party, she gets tons of toys and many happen to be duplicates. She's 3 yrs old now, and her last bday I wasn't able to return or exchange toys that were duplicates. I wasn't even trying to abuse the policy or scam them. I was an honest customer just trying to change my daughter's gifts. So one day Nordstrom will end up changing their policies and some of us honest costumers will end being screwed.

It is sad that when a company puts people on the honor system these days, some people are not honorable enough to avoid abusing it. If something was good enough to be used, and is not defective, then one should be decent enough not to try to return it. You can't just change your mind after using something for a while, and then return it. I also think that while returns are inevitable on size/quality issues from time to time, people should not purchase something on impulse if they know there is more than a 50% chance they will return it.

what about a bag that i bought like 2 months ago that I haven't used, still have the receipts, still have the tags on and stuffing paper in.. it's just sitting on my couch.

LOL... would nordies take that back??

what about a bag that i bought like 2 months ago that I haven't used, still have the receipts, still have the tags on and stuffing paper in.. it's just sitting on my couch.

LOL... would nordies take that back??

^^ If it was purchased at Nordies, yes, they'd definitely take it back!:yes: I :heart: Nordstrom! Great customer service!

Costco does have a good return policy. As for the examples of the half eaten cake or empty milk carton, I do think it's possible that one could cut a cake for a crowd, find out it was bad, and then return the part that wasn't cut up. Same for the milk. You might dump it if it was spoiled.

I did return a pie to Costco once....I didn't care about the money, but I bought it the day before and cut into it.....it had green mold all through it. It was disgusting and my stepdaughter even ate some of it before we noticed it was mold. I was so pissed off because the expiration date was way far off.

I love the return policy at Nordstrom, which leads me to buy a lot of stuff there. I know that if I change my mind or the item is defective, I won't have a problem taking it back. I bought a bag there in July during one of their sales and after two times out with the bag, a piece on it broke. I took it back and they refunded my money without a problem. I would be much more likely to buy something from them, than another store with a less flexible exchange.

However, I'm upset to hear about the obvious abuse that goes on with some "returns". Eventually, these people make it harder for the rest of us to honestly return merchandise without a hassle.