Nordstrom's customer service leaves me utterly SPEECHLESS

So today at Nordstrom I went to return a Bony Levy ring I purchased back in Jan, and the repurchased last week w/70% off. Customer service had the diamond ring verified and stated the machine could not detect any diamonds in the ring and did not have the verifiable markings of a Bony Levy ring!!! I asked for a certified gemologist to verify the ring and he had the cosmetic counter manager come speak to me?!?! She also happens to be the "gemologist" and was "specially trained" to verify fine jewelry smh. They refused to take the jewelry back and said since the jewelry was in my possession. I felt they insinuated I had switched out the diamonds. I understand that no one can trust anyone nowadays but have a second/third party check the diamonds, especially if the other party's expertise is in another field. Also, machines can make mistakes as well as humans. Lately it seems Nordstrom's customer service needs training in sensitivity issues. Gone are the days of great customer service unfortunately. Anyways, long story short (sorta, lol) I went to my usual Nordstrom and did not have any issues returning WHATSOEVER. But it did leave a sour taste in my mouth because I had to run around needlessly on my one half day off :sad:.

WOW!!! I'm not going to justify your OPINION, because that EXACTLY what it is. If it WAS NOT USED you can RETURN, as it is IN PRISTINE condition. Also, I was mostly referring to the service and actions of customer service.

• Angry
Reactions: eunaddict
Here is my story with Nordstrom: Online, I saw a pair of slip -on sneakers, only size left was my size, and when I went to check out, the regular price was listed. I went back to the picture with the sale amount and took a pic of it on my phone. I did order the shoes, and thought I would call to get the refund. Wait time was 1 - 1 1/2 hours every time I called. So I thought I would wait until they arrived; if they did not fit, I would just send back. Well, they did fit, so I called, and had an hour to wait before I actually spoke to someone. She told me the sale had ended the day before(they actually were marked clearance-do you really put a clearance item back at full price, especially when you only have one size left?) Well, I told her I had a picture on my phone of the item, date and time, with the clearance price. Ultimately, she said sorry, they could not do anything. Of course I would not let it go--I asked to speak to the manager, and she also gave me the most difficult time. I felt as if I was doing something deceptive, but held my ground. She finally said she would credit me the amount--$90! But she assured me this was the ONLY time she would do this. Really? If I had not looked at the shoes and seen the sale price, which she denied could even have been possible since the sale ended the day before, I would never have known there had been a sale. I came away very frustrated, but at least had my credit.
Now, on the flip side, here is a great Bloomingdales story! I purchased a Ferragamo bag on line, on sale, with power points. No dust bag was sent. I called and the person was very apologetic. He said he would send another bag, with a dust bag. He then saw there were no more of this style bag in stock, so could he credit me 20%? I gladly took the credit. Such a pleasant conversation and apology from him.
I will take Bloomingdales over Nordstrom!

Reactions: Deal Bandit
You went to return something you bought in JANUARY and expected no issues? This reflects poorly on you, not Nordstrom.

I guess it depends where you are. Our store closed in March and just reopened due to COVID. And most places have extended returns as a result. I think under 90 days for unused non-seasonal mech isn't crazy.

So true. Every store & it's locations are SO different. Lol, every time I try to shop on Bloomingdales.com and checkout, the item is already sold out prob better for me lol. I think I was more bummed w/the accusatory tone of the SA/CSR, I wouldn't have minded so much if they were more receptive in obtaining an accurate determination; I even stated I would come another day when another jewelry associate was in.

I guess it depends where you are. Our store closed in March and just reopened due to COVID. And most places have extended returns as a result. I think under 90 days for unused non-seasonal mech isn't crazy.
I am in the medical field so it's a little crazy right now as you may imagine, so it's quite difficult for me to get to return in store. Hard for me to trust USPS too for returns; had a couple of mishaps already with that.

You went to return something you bought in JANUARY and expected no issues? This reflects poorly on you, not Nordstrom.

You are really going to hate me - I bought a leather jacket at an anniversary sale and returned it two years later! They gave me a full refund and sent the jacket off to the Rack! I think their customer service is amazing (most of the time).

Recently, I have noticed a change in Nordstrom's customer service. I had purchased some things online and some I did return through the mail. I kept all of my tracking numbers etc, and I called to follow up on the return after a few weeks passed. I was told that they needed more time, and that I should call back in another week--which I did. I was told again that I needed to wait one more week--and then call back! LONG story I know! Well after all that, I called again and was told that they don't understand what was going on as it showed that they had received the items weeks ago. You can only imagine how much time this all took. Eventually after speaking to about 3 people that day, I received a refund. Whew! I understand that times are different now, but Nordstrom never used to be this exhausting to return! In store only returns for me with them from now on--as long as the stores are open!

Recently, I have noticed a change in Nordstrom's customer service. I had purchased some things online and some I did return through the mail. I kept all of my tracking numbers etc, and I called to follow up on the return after a few weeks passed. I was told that they needed more time, and that I should call back in another week--which I did. I was told again that I needed to wait one more week--and then call back! LONG story I know! Well after all that, I called again and was told that they don't understand what was going on as it showed that they had received the items weeks ago. You can only imagine how much time this all took. Eventually after speaking to about 3 people that day, I received a refund. Whew! I understand that times are different now, but Nordstrom never used to be this exhausting to return! In store only returns for me with them from now on--as long as the stores are open!
I had the same experience also; I took a picture of the Usps receipt proving I did in fact drop the packages off. I emailed Nord a copy and regrettably they ended up returning the wrong items smh!!! I felt at that point it's more of a headache to try and get in touch w/customer service and just let it go at that.

Reactions: A bottle of Red