Nordstrom Returns

meluvs2shop

In Love
O.G.
Jul 15, 2007
Hi All!

I purchased Tumi luggage in the beginning of our shutdown back in March here in the US.

Now that we are in a second wave with no end in sight I am heavily rethinking my purchases and want to return this luggage. As much as I LOVE it - it’s a heavy piece even empty (hard shell) and I can see myself stuggling (when traveling alone) to place luggage in the overhead bin. I know one day we will return to traveling, but right now it seems like a piece I shouldn’t have purchased. Plus luggage gets beat up and it doesn’t seem practical- at least not for me.

So, my question, has anyone made a Nordstrom return 9 months later? Per their site there’s no time limit on returns but it seems the CS reps can decline a return. This item is brand new. Never used. With taxes and everything it’s a pricey piece of luggage, but that’s expected with Tumi. I purchase a lot from Nords and keep a lot of purchased items and use their CC. I hope they allow me to return it, but it’s their discretion. Has anyone returned an item months later with success?

Reactions: togepihi

pixiejenna

O.G.
Apr 5, 2009
I would return it, it shouldn’t be a issue if it;s in salable condition. Especially given how this year has gone no one could have imagined that 9-10 months later things are worse now than the beginning of the year. While some people are traveling it’s going to be a long time for me to feel safe traveling.

togepihi

Dec 22, 2020
Hi All!

I purchased Tumi luggage in the beginning of our shutdown back in March here in the US.

Now that we are in a second wave with no end in sight I am heavily rethinking my purchases and want to return this luggage. As much as I LOVE it - it’s a heavy piece even empty (hard shell) and I can see myself stuggling (when traveling alone) to place luggage in the overhead bin. I know one day we will return to traveling, but right now it seems like a piece I shouldn’t have purchased. Plus luggage gets beat up and it doesn’t seem practical- at least not for me.

So, my question, has anyone made a Nordstrom return 9 months later? Per their site there’s no time limit on returns but it seems the CS reps can decline a return. This item is brand new. Never used. With taxes and everything it’s a pricey piece of luggage, but that’s expected with Tumi. I purchase a lot from Nords and keep a lot of purchased items and use their CC. I hope they allow me to return it, but it’s their discretion. Has anyone returned an item months later with success?

I had a recent experience like this! Because of shutdown, we didn't leave our apartment for non essential errands for a LONG time. I think I returned an item (new, unused, with all tags) after 7 or 8 months and they took it no problem. :smile: