Nordstrom Price Adjustment question.

May 29, 2008
California
How good is nordstrom online with price adjustments for items you buy when they are brand new and then go on sale a few months later?

For example, I would love to buy a Covey but would be more likely to buy now if I knew Nords would adjust when it goes on sale - which I suspect would be 60 to 90 days from now.

Advice? Input?

I ask because I am at the mall now. LOL

and I got spy pics!

heathie02

totally satisfied
O.G.
Sep 27, 2006
I am not 100% sure but I think Knaz and maybe lambiepie have gotten price adjustments after three months.

veyda

Arizona wildflowers
O.G.
Feb 4, 2008
The Sonoran Desert
In my experience, it varies...

I had an online operator give me an adjustment about 2 months later, and my SA has done it for a month or more

BUT the handbags manager is hardcore about 2 weeks!

So I am saying - it depends on who you talk to. If you have a regular SA it definetely helps. I think the online operators are very relaxed about it too.

Bentley4Bags

XoXo
O.G.
Jan 20, 2008
On line is way better with price adjustments then in store...thats why I buy mostly on line. I think on line gives you price adjustments at any time....(I think) with my experience with in store its just 2 weeks.

Also keep in mind things don't always go on sale....I was hoping the Mandalay Broadgate was going to go on sale so I bought it ahead of time....well lets just say it never did. SO thats another l.a.m.b I have paid full price for....I like it but its not worth it to me. I stalk nordies.com to see if one ever pops up with a sale price. I don't know if they sold out or sent them all to the outlets...but I would love to live by the "buy now adjust later" moto but it does not always work out in our favor.

Bentley4Bags

XoXo
O.G.
Jan 20, 2008
SPY PICS!!! OMG bring em on!! This may help me decide....I just do not want to end up with another Broadgate scenario...I hate to pay full price...even if my BF is he one buying...I still care....anyway....spy pics! Cant wait!

vhsethan

O.G.
Jul 18, 2007
I would order online if I was you, the associates online are VERY relaxed about the adjustment policy (I have had them adjust on UNDERWEAR before!)

If you HAVE to leave with the bag today you could always order another online and return whichever one to the store.

Also, I THINK you can get an adjustment from a pricematch so you could always stalk other sites as well!

May 29, 2008
California
I will probably wait until they're all available online and make a decision about one then. I've had time to decompress from my OMGCOVEYLAMBBAGS!!1!!ONE!!!! freakout and want to think about which bag will suit my needs best.

I am thinking the cecil because I need a good shoulder bag that goes with everything.

PS: Spy photos are in the Covey thread!!

May 29, 2008
California
I was talking about online as well
I've had really good experiences with price adjustments within a month. But nothing longer than that.

I'm going to hold out and find the bag on sale or using a discount code or something later on. I have a really hard time paying full price for any LAMB bags.

alliemia

love shopping!!!
O.G.
Jun 18, 2008
NY
www.purplecaterpillarcreations.com
i got a price adjustment two months later just from doing live chat and outright asking.

in the store, my SA is the handbags manager, and she only will do 2 weeks. i've talked to her about online doing it months later, but she said she has to go by what the store manager tells her.