Nordstrom order packaging

Mommy_of_3_2B

Jan 21, 2016
Anyone else disappointed in how Nordstrom packages your order?

Once I ordered 2 dior sunglasses and they were both sent in a little plastic baggie with no case!! Excuse me, I am spending $500+ on each, at least send them in something that will protect them during transit.

Last week I ordered a purse and the same, it was sent in a plastic bag with the dust bag all scrunched up and stuffed INSIDE the bag. Seriously this was a $2K chloe purse!!

Maybe I am being spoiled because the other online retailer I buy from is NAP and everything is perfectly packed. But this is ridiculous. Maybe they are trying to save on shipping costs by reducing the waste, or they just don't care.

A few years ago, I did an in-store order for a Balenciaga coin purse ($300+) at my local Nordstrom that was shipped from Oregon. I opened the box and was horrified to see there was no stuffing to protect the purse. The purse was just thrown carelessly inside a too-big box with nothing to protect it from being tossed around! The stud popped off of the purse and I had to waste time driving back to the store to return it. I was furious!

I just ordered something from the Rack. When I check my account online, my package is in transit but when I try to track the number, it's invalid. I ordered on the 28th, so that's six days. Now I can't wait to see how it's packed (assuming it arrives at all)!

I don't order much from Nordies, but last time I got nail polish, it came very, very well wrapped funnily enough!

+1 for Neimans packaging, plus there's shoprunner for fast shipping

I just ordered something from the Rack. When I check my account online, my package is in transit but when I try to track the number, it's invalid. I ordered on the 28th, so that's six days. Now I can't wait to see how it's packed (assuming it arrives at all)!

Did you get your package yet? I ordered a Rebecca Minkoff handbag at NR online last week and it arrived today inside a wide and narrow box. Unfortunately, there was no stuffing inside to protect the bag. Kind of disappointed considering the bag was worth $595 (but marked down to $199 before taxes).

One time I purchased a Longchamp Expandable Tote from Nordies and after I played around with it, I noticed a BIG GASH! I was puzzle and freaked out at the possibility that I made that gash while zipping up the bag.

Upon close inspection, I noticed the plastic bag that the Longchamp tote was in, also had a slit. I am thinking when they opened the box of bags, they knife went through to the bag!

Honestly I feel like a lot of my Nordie orders where over packed. A small item wrapped up in a ton of paper in a comically large box. I don't have a problem with items coming in a plastic baggie. However I would be really pissed if I bought sunglasses and they were not properly packed and came without the cases when you know that they come with them. If they didn't come with a case(I know not all brands provide cases) they should have had at least enough sense to put it in a gift box for extra protection.

I will also second that NM packs the best for protecting the products. Once I ordered 5 rock stud bracelets and each one was packed in the original box inside of a gift box. I was surprised to see such a large box being delivered to my house knowing what I ordered. Even kept in thier original boxes I'm sure all 5 boxes could have been put in one gift box. It was excessively wasteful IMO but I'm sure that the average NM customer would expect it that way.

Did you get your package yet? I ordered a Rebecca Minkoff handbag at NR online last week and it arrived today inside a wide and narrow box. Unfortunately, there was no stuffing inside to protect the bag. Kind of disappointed considering the bag was worth $595 (but marked down to $199 before taxes).

Nope! My Nordstrom account says that the order is "in transit" but when I track the shipping number it says that on Feb. 2 "pre-shipment info was sent to USPS" which to me says "sittin' in a warehouse somewhere". It was only some clearance costume jewelry, so I'm not too worried. Your poor Rebecca Minkoff bag- arriving packed like that- I'd be ticked!!

Nope! My Nordstrom account says that the order is "in transit" but when I track the shipping number it says that on Feb. 2 "pre-shipment info was sent to USPS" which to me says "sittin' in a warehouse somewhere". It was only some clearance costume jewelry, so I'm not too worried. Your poor Rebecca Minkoff bag- arriving packed like that- I'd be ticked!!

I just had the same experience. Ordered last week and the tracking number I was given (after several days) never showed any shipment or expected delivery date. Then, yesterday the info changed and said delivery today. Which happened.

Small things Nordstroms uses way too much packaging. Big box for a small item, so much paper or air pillows.

but for bigger things, it's a plastic bag and in a box that isn't big enough sometimes. So weird.

I thought just Nordstrom Rack had terrible packing, but it sounds like it's both. I got a pair of Prada sunglasses with crystals on them that was packed in a plastic bag, no bubble wrap, no sunglass case, just floating in the too big box. I (they) were very lucky the glasses were not broken or any crystals knocked out. And I got an Alexander McQueen knuckleduster clutch that only had bubble wrap covering the middle, no dust bag, no extra air pockets. This one unfortunately got it ends bashed in, because it was floating in a too big box. So sad to have something mint condition ruined, because it was packed poorly.

Just fyi in the past when I received a YSL bag from Nordstrom without a dust bag they were very quick to overnight me one when I called and complained about it. It was very simple.