Nordstrom or Balenciaga store?

Only a few Nordies carry Bbags, but if you live near one or have a SA with one I'd say go with Nordies especially if it's your first Bbag. The main reason why I say Nordies is because if you change your mind and want to return it you'll get your money back, when you buy at a Balenciaga store you and you want to return you have 10-14 days(I don't recall which it is) and you only get store credit. I bought a Money from Nordies and I never used it I felt bad that I spent that much money on something that never even left it's dust bag. So I decided to return it and get my money back even though I had it for a few months. Granted a Balenciaga store will have a much greater selection, depending on what your looking for you may not find it in Nordies or you may have to be put on a wait list for the item. I guess it kind of depends on what your looking to get.

I would say Nordstroms, too, for the return policy if they have a bag you want (especially if you are buying sight-unseen). However, bal.com does have a money-back return policy, too, but their selection is also limited. I stopped buying from the Balenciaga store because I have to order without seeing the bag, and I don't like the "exchange-only" policy.

Great tips girls. I have started contacting some SA's but do any of you know of any good SA's? I'm just basing it on a few referals. The ones I went to ask at the nordies store didnt know anything about their inventory and totally flat denied they could get me what I wanted and this other lady gave me options. I'm still searching so If you can help let me know.

My SA's name is Behrooz @ the DT Portland Nordies. Here's his email drop him a line and he'll let you know if they have what your looking for [email protected]. Earlier this year I was on a HUNT for a anthra velo, I must have sent out a million emails & calls it was a new style sold out everywhere I looked. I called the DT Portland Nordies on a whim I have family in Oregon so go there several times a year. I talked to him and he never even heard of the Velo style before, he grabbed all my info and in less than a day(several calls back & forth) got back to me and let me know they didn't have any but they are getting them in the F/W shipments and put me on a wait list. Depending on what you want, you may have to go on a wait-list they get very limited quantities of Bbags and they do go fast!

I think the SA that I have spoken with in the past is at the Nordies -Arden Fair (916.646.2400), and from my memory (which may or may not be good, lol), her name is Patrice. If she is still there, she was very knowledgeable and helpful. Maybe someone else who knows her will chime in.

ETA: I just did a search for her name in the shopping section, and it is Patrice, so my memory is better than I thought:biggrin: She has great recommendations - I would call and see if she is still there.

Last edited:
^^ Rare in the sense that not all Nordies carry them. However, Bal is more rare anyway than a lot of other luxury brands. I did not know about them until I started reading this forum; however, I had known of other luxury brands for a long time (LV, Gucci, Chanel, etc.)

My SA's name is Behrooz @ the DT Portland Nordies. Here's his email drop him a line and he'll let you know if they have what your looking for [email protected]. Earlier this year I was on a HUNT for a anthra velo, I must have sent out a million emails & calls it was a new style sold out everywhere I looked. I called the DT Portland Nordies on a whim I have family in Oregon so go there several times a year. I talked to him and he never even heard of the Velo style before, he grabbed all my info and in less than a day(several calls back & forth) got back to me and let me know they didn't have any but they are getting them in the F/W shipments and put me on a wait list. Depending on what you want, you may have to go on a wait-list they get very limited quantities of Bbags and they do go fast!

Yes, I agree with you. He's very fast about it..love behrooz .