Nordstrom expired reward Notes

My Nordstrom $20 reward note expired this past September, and the customer service at my Nordstrom store and Live Help online both said you can't use the expired notes or even replace them! I asked them when did that changed? The customer service said the policy changed last April. I just wasted $20 reward note and I was hoping to buy a pair of sneakers but I didn't. Has anyone heard about this change?

When I worked there 2 ish years ago as a SA, we would call some main office (can't remember exacetly) and have the note replaced. Wow, even Kohl's will honor expired Kohl's cash. Have you spoken to the store manager?

My Nordstrom said they don't really expire and will take them regardless of the date on it. Call your store manager and ask if they'll accept it, I bet they will.

I think it's too late. The customer service lady took it away. That store is the closest one to me in NY and I've made so many trips there. I don't want to make a huge fuss by asking for the store manager.

I think it's too late. The customer service lady took it away. That store is the closest one to me in NY and I've made so many trips there. I don't want to make a huge fuss by asking for the store manager.

Which store, Roosevelt Field? You can email the manager. She did a price adjustment for me once even after policy change because I was not aware.

I used some of my expired reward certificates just this weekend (in the store). I had no idea the policy had changed so thanks for the info. I would hope that someone in mangement would be able to help you out with a reissued certificate. I would continue to call and ask until I found the answer I wanted to hear.

Yes it's Roosevelt Field. The customer service lady took my expired note so I don't have it anymore. Is it too late to email the manager?

No, definetly email. Hapreet, who i think is the asst manager is very nice. I'd try to email her. Or call her. The store manager used to be Daphna, but at the holiday party I saw another name listed. They will help you, I think. As far as I was always told, they said that notes never expire regardless of date on it. If they changed that, how are you supposed to know?

As far as I was always told, they said that notes never expire regardless of date on it. If they changed that, how are you supposed to know?
When the policy changed (I remember reading it on the memo that nord sends out when they attach the nord notes), the SAs were very mindful of bringing up the policy change at the registers. They would ask me if I had any nord notes to spend because they do expire 1 year from date of issuance.

The notes themselves also state in ALL CAPS: EXPIRES _________. Lastly, there is an additional disclaimer located at the bottom of the note: Please retain until the full value is redeemed or its expiration date, whichever comes first.

For future reference, any nord note holder can prevent this from happening in the future by just using your notes to purchase nord gift cards. ;) The gift cards never expire, whereas the notes do. :idea:

In addition, Nordstrom USED to give cash back as change for any notes. For example, if I bought something that cost $35 and gave them $40 in Nordstrom notes, they would give me $5 cash back. Now they just leave the balance on the Nordstrom note.

When the policy changed (I remember reading it on the memo that nord sends out when they attach the nord notes), the SAs were very mindful of bringing up the policy change at the registers. They would ask me if I had any nord notes to spend because they do expire 1 year from date of issuance.

The notes themselves also state in ALL CAPS: EXPIRES _________. Lastly, there is an additional disclaimer located at the bottom of the note: Please retain until the full value is redeemed or its expiration date, whichever comes first.

For future reference, any nord note holder can prevent this from happening in the future by just using your notes to purchase nord gift cards. ;) The gift cards never expire, whereas the notes do. :idea:

The gift card idea is great. Then you don't have to worry about expiration datesor just grabbing something you don't really want.