Nordstrom Debut Rewards

elbow

May 30, 2013
Dallas, Texas
Went shopping on Friday and the SA told me about a new Nordstrom program called Debut Rewards. They are trying it out in my market, but the SA said that they plan to roll it out nationwide pretty soon. It's basically the same thing as the Nordstrom credit card in terms of points, but you can use any payment you want and you won't have triple reward days, not accrue points as quickly, and a few other perks that only card holders will have.

I prefer to use my Amex for everything, so this is perfect for me. I think Amex rewards and perks are the best, but it makes me happy that I will also get something extra for shopping at Nordstrom. :tup:

Attachments

tastangan

O.G.
Oct 14, 2008
Nice! I have been shopping at Nordies so much lately I'm considering signing up for their card but this might be a better alternative. I wonder if you will get early access to the anniversary sale since anyone can sign up for this

bakeacookie

Nov 2, 2008
SoCal
This would be a better alternative since I'm not into stores connecting to my checking nor getting another store card. I'm pretty sure I've spent at least $2000 at the rack. Lol.

In comparison to the Bloomies Loyalist, the amount you need is 5000 points (and if you don't have a Bloomies card it's 1pt/$1) to get the 25$ gc. So this gives you rewards faster. But if you do happen to have the card, it's 3-4pts/$1.

Hope they roll this out around my area!

LabelLover81

Peace Love & Purses
O.G.
Mar 5, 2010
Virginia
I wonder if you can have both rewards and debut reward account. I have a mod card to limit my spending, but sometimes I want to buy a big purchase and it would be nice not to have to have $2.000 in my checking account.

katlun

O.G.
Dec 29, 2007
Hope you dont lose 75% of your points at the end of the year like Bloomingdales loyalist

Hate bloomingdales program on that fact alone

bakeacookie

Nov 2, 2008
SoCal
Hope you dont lose 75% of your points at the end of the year like Bloomingdales loyalist

Yeah. That's always a pain. So after I have enough points to get a gc, I don't get anything near the end of the year. Then start back up again the next year.

katran26

Bargain Hunter!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2008

I have an NM card and I've lost so many points as well...it's not fair really.

elbow

May 30, 2013
Dallas, Texas
I wonder if you can have both rewards and debut reward account. I have a mod card to limit my spending, but sometimes I want to buy a big purchase and it would be nice not to have to have $2.000 in my checking account.
You can, but they are separate accounts. It's in the teeny tiny fine print in the second pic.

Luv2Shop1

Gone shopping
O.G.
Aug 8, 2009
You can, but they are separate accounts. It's in the teeny tiny fine print in the second pic.
I like that! Sometimes I prefer using my Visa because they run better cash back offers.:P

I love this forum! So much useful shopping info!!:biggrin: