Nordstrom Customer Appreciation Day (May 4th)

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Nordstrom Customer Appreciation Day: Thursday May 4th, 2006
    Nordstrom cardholders get triple points.

I don't know how good this offer is, any regular users of Nordstrom cards?

I only use my Citi or American Express card for all my purchases so that I can pay it all off at once. I hate having too many statements at the end of the month.

2. Nordies only gives 1% back for using their card normally so the offer brings it up to 3%. better than nothing i guess.

3. ^^^ Yikes, 1% off is pretty bad. I don't like having too many cards either, so one of my main cards is a Citi Platinum Dividends card. I get 5% back for groceries, drugstores, and GAS!! and 1% for everything else...

4. citi is the best :smile:. the only dept store cc i use is bloomies cuz it gives 3% back and up to 9% when they have sales.

5. I only use my american express. I never really look into how many % they give back. Maybe I should :smile:

6. The Customer Appreciation Nights vary for each location. And you usually have to be invited to attend since the store is closed. Nordy's has some thing where if you spend $1500 per quarter or something like that you're invited, or if you have a Nordstrom Signature Visa, you're automatically invited, or your SA can "invite" you. Each store has slightly different policies. I think the triple points is may be inaccurate.

The ones I've attended give you 10 points for every $1 and at 2000 points you get a $20 gc. So basically at every $200 spent, you'll get a $20 gc on the customer appreciation nights--10% back. They usually do free shipping on those nights, there are little free GWP's in cosmetics, or freebies after you spend X amount in a particular department. They also usually serve drinks and food--it's a fun way to shop.

7. I second that!! thanks for the 411

8. When I called Joseph on Sunday (to thank him for helping me with DHL tracking numbers), he mentioned Nordstrom having triple points on Thursday. I never know how the point system works with/without triple points. =) My sister loves earning points, I better not tell her. Even if the deal's very good, I have to stear clear of handbags -- I spent more than I wanted to on F&F events. =)

I was told I can get 2 points for every dollar spent when a SA looked up my Nordstrom card recently. I still stick to Citi/AmericanExpress/ATM only, my wallet is pretty full with DL, AAA, health insurance card. The less card I have, the better it is for my wallet. -)

9. wow, i need to get this card!

10. YES! That's my main card also! I still have my amex blue cash, but they give me nothing! For the same amount I spend, on amex I would only get about $7 and on my citi I would get about $90 (give or take, I tested using one for a few months then the other for a few months). They're definitely the better deal.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice