Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2022

I bought a pair a year or two ago. Mine is like new. I love it and plan on buying the king size this year. I will say the cover belonging to my husband “died” shortly after purchase. I feel it’s due to facial hair?! I don’t know, he’s so rough on things, I let him know he’s no longer allowed. :P I wash on gentle and dry on the same and mine is still in mint condition.

I don't have the Slip ones, but I know what you mean about pillow cases with husbands though. All of my pillow cases look nice, husband's not so much...

I bought a pair a year or two ago. Mine is like new. I love it and plan on buying the king size this year. I will say the cover belonging to my husband “died” shortly after purchase. I feel it’s due to facial hair?! I don’t know, he’s so rough on things, I let him know he’s no longer allowed. :P I wash on gentle and dry on the same and mine is still in mint condition.

Thank you, maybe I will treat myself. !! My husband is rough on things too and one of his pillows always ends up on the floor at some point during the night. He has facial hair as well

What do you ladies think of the slip pillowcases.. Do you have them and use them, how do they hold up over time and washes?

All these husband w/beat up slip pillowcase stories reminded me: I have a heavy buckwheat pillow, and every morning my husband heaves it onto the floor so he can make the bed. I expected the pillowcase to look ratty at this point but somehow it’s still perfect!

What do you ladies think of the slip pillowcases.. Do you have them and use them, how do they hold up over time and washes?
I have had the slip silk pillowcases since 2016. When I first bought them I washed them on delicate and would hang them to dry. Now after washing I just throw them in the dryer on light and they come out fine too. They are still beautiful and are my favorite pillowcases. I do plan to purchase another pair this year because the anniversary sale price is worth it.

I have had the slip silk pillowcases since 2016. When I first bought them I washed them on delicate and would hang them to dry. Now after washing I just throw them in the dryer on light and they come out fine too. They are still beautiful and are my favorite pillowcases. I do plan to purchase another pair this year because the anniversary sale price is worth it.

thank you!!!!. I will put them on my sale wish list

Read somewhere that Icons can go in from June 22-28 to preview the lookbook with an SA. Has anyone heard of this?

Also would love recommendations for SAs at The Grove in Los Angeles! Think that’s usually a decently-stocked NAS location, but am open to other suggestions.

I went in ahead of the sale last year to see the look book and it was a waste of time because it was the same as the on-line preview on June 29. I'm working with an SA from the Topanga store, they seem to have the highest inventory and free parking :biggrin:

I think we also need to remember that designers are making these items exclusively to go on sale. They're not full price so hy would the designer put forth full price style or quality. Yes some items are worth it but others are those items we would have seen for 40-60% off eventually. Most of these items are heavily discounted 2 months after the sale. I guess a good litmus test is to ask yourself if you're going to buy it at full price and would it be something you'd buy at first sight. If you question it ask why, will it work with your existing wardrobe, will you have to buy a new items to make the outfit work? Like I love my burgundy All Saints leather jacket but i don't' have a lot items to pair it with, but the black one is universal.

I really love the Longchamp Le Pliage Neo 18-Inch Nylon Travel Bag I bought last year, but the material seems thinner than my other Longchamps bags, so I think it was made for the anniversary sale.

I'm also a fan of Kendra Scott and hope they bring that line back this year.