Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2021

okay.... so i bought the mala candle in cabin fever and love it. i was going to order another scent and i noticed that the non-NAS candles (literally identical... same size, same scents) are $30, whereas the NAS version is $32.50 "regular price $50" - WTF?! anyone understand this???
Okay update: it is supposed to be a 16oz candle, and they sent me 8oz in error. I would never have noticed if I hadn’t wanted a second scent. If you order, make sure you get the big one!

I’m debating reordering, but worried they’ll send the wrong one again. I see them in stock at my store, so maybe I’ll do the long haul drive (40 min, not THAT far) if I have time in the next couple days.

Did anyone get the AllSaints Pembury Scarf? A couple of years ago, I got one of their scarves during the sale and the tag read "Do not wash. Do not Dry Clean. Do not Dry. Do not iron." and I laughed because it reminded me of the old Happy Fun Ball bit from SNL.

The scarf looks nice and I'll keep it, but instructions on the Nordstrom site say "Hand wash, dry flat". The tag on the scarf says not to do anything or the scarf may self-destruct, but Dry Clean is okay. I may risk the hand wash just to get the new scarf smell to go away. The Nordstrom site said it was okay, so if the scarf dies, I was following instructions! ;)

Seriously, what happens to a scarf you can't wash or dry clean? Throw it away after wearing a few times? No. Donate the used scarf and pass your grit onto the next victim? No. I should pull out that scarf and hand wash it as well.
This is hilarious!
Honestly, it is kinda sketch when they don’t let you hand wash…. You can hand wash cashmere, silk, wool, all natural fabrics. So what kind of bizarre synthetic chemistry do they have going on in their fabric when they don’t want you to get it wet ever?!

This is hilarious!
Honestly, it is kinda sketch when they don’t let you hand wash…. You can hand wash cashmere, silk, wool, all natural fabrics. So what kind of bizarre synthetic chemistry do they have going on in their fabric when they don’t want you to get it wet ever?!

Right? It’s modal—not some new Gremlin synthetic!

My parents used to have this kind of grass (zoysia) that they’d set on fire* each autumn and then it would regrow beautifully the following spring. Maybe if I burn this scarf once a year, it will reappear all fresh and new when it’s time to wear it again?

*I live in Southern California now so no lawn or scarf fires here, thankyouverymuch.

Others have already posted pics of the French Connection Twansia blue stripe tshirt dress, but here’s my two cents:

I thought this was a definite keeper for a summer work dress, but the sleeves are too tight around my biceps! The rest of the dress fits TTS, but I don’t know how well the fabric will wash. It has a sponge-y ponte feel to it and the tag says to hand wash (yeah right... maybe on cold/cold or delicate, and air dry). Mine also had a strange minty chemical odor to it. This is likely a return. I feel like the combo of stripes and the waist tie make me look wider? Maybe I’m too picky.
View attachment 5143422
View attachment 5143421

I think you are being too critical of yourself. It looks GREAT on you! I’ve been stalking this dresssince the first person posted it a while back. I think the three of us have similar builds. More straight in and down then curvy and this dress is great at creating curves. I say keep it!

Do you mind if I ask what size you typically are and what size you are wearing? I bought the small but I think I need a medium.

I think you are being too critical of yourself. It looks GREAT on you! I’ve been stalking this dresssince the first person posted it a while back. I think the three of us have similar builds. More straight in and down then curvy and this dress is great at creating curves. I say keep it!

Do you mind if I ask what size you typically are and what size you are wearing? I bought the small but I think I need a medium.

TY, I’m actually pretty curvy, so I’m surprised it’s tight in my biceps instead of the thighs/butt. I’m wearing 5’4” and wearing a medium which is my usual size.

Right? It’s modal—not some new Gremlin synthetic!

My parents used to have this kind of grass (zoysia) that they’d set on fire* each autumn and then it would regrow beautifully the following spring. Maybe if I burn this scarf once a year, it will reappear all fresh and new when it’s time to wear it again?

*I live in Southern California now so no lawn or scarf fires here, thankyouverymuch.
Omg I’m dying. LOL.

Others have already posted pics of the French Connection Twansia blue stripe tshirt dress, but here’s my two cents:

I thought this was a definite keeper for a summer work dress, but the sleeves are too tight around my biceps! The rest of the dress fits TTS, but I don’t know how well the fabric will wash. It has a sponge-y ponte feel to it and the tag says to hand wash (yeah right... maybe on cold/cold or delicate, and air dry). Mine also had a strange minty chemical odor to it. This is likely a return. I feel like the combo of stripes and the waist tie make me look wider? Maybe I’m too picky.
View attachment 5143422
View attachment 5143421
Ha Ha you're nuts! That dress fits you perfectly. You look fit and fabulous!

Hi!

I received my large order and my two favorite items are these Kendra Scott hoop earrings and the Bobbi Brown eyeshadow sticks. I ordered two Halogen cardigans and I really like the colors and the quality but they run BIG! I ordered medium in both and now the smalls are sold out. I also ordered the Nordstrom Signature silk blouse (in 3 colors), does anyone have experience with this line or a similar item? It is not as high quality as I thought it was going to be…

KENDRA SCOTT Zorte Split Hoop Earrings

D84E4992-0F06-492F-B423-C215FFA22B47.jpeg

OMG I am so upset! I just received my order from Jul 14 and in the package I was supposed to receive 33 items, but the Longchamp toiletry case that is listed on the packing slip is not in the package!! I literally waited for Ontrac delivery person to deliver it and took it in immediately after delivery so it was not left unattended either. Of course the colour I NEED it's now out of stock as well :sad: Called Nordstrom and they said the team will do an investigation and will refund if applicable. What does "if applicable" mean?? So if they couldn't find anything then they would think I'm lying about it and would still make me pay for something I didn't receive?? How do I prove I didn't receive the item???

Sorry to post this negative post but just really need to vent.... :sad: Was supposed to be happy to receive my order today and excited with trying on things.... but now just very upset...

OMG I am so upset! I just received my order from Jul 14 and in the package I was supposed to receive 33 items, but the Longchamp toiletry case that is listed on the packing slip is not in the package!! I literally waited for Ontrac delivery person to deliver it and took it in immediately after delivery so it was not left unattended either. Of course the colour I NEED it's now out of stock as well :sad: Called Nordstrom and they said the team will do an investigation and will refund if applicable. What does "if applicable" mean?? So if they couldn't find anything then they would think I'm lying about it and would still make me pay for something I didn't receive?? How do I prove I didn't receive the item???

Sorry to post this negative post but just really need to vent.... :sad: Was supposed to be happy to receive my order today and excited with trying on things.... but now just very upset...
They investigate a customer's history of stating items weren't received when making a decision. I am sure you are fine if you don't have a history.