Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Happy Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 everyone!! This sale is a holiday in its own right and we know how much you all love it too!

When sharing your purchases or items you are looking at, please post a link to the item on Nordstrom's site in this thread. Not only does it let everyone easily check out the items you are looking at, but it helps us too as we are partners with Nordstrom. We're a small team and always appreciate the support, so if you are shopping online, we'd love for you to shop through our links.

GIVEAWAY ALERT: To celebrate the occasion, we are giving away EIGHT $200 Gift Cards to 8 different tPFers during the Anniversary Sale! Click here to find out how to enter. Good luck and happy shopping!

Support tPF and shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale by using this link!

2. The color in your pic looks a lot nicer than in theirs! Hopefully yours is more accurate. Wish my store had it but I might order it to see. I can usually wear L-XXL tops, but my behind is currently requiring plus sizes. :smile:

buggiewomma likes this.
  3. Ok - I’ll see what I can do. The white stuff is literally in every exterior stitch

4. Has anyone tried the Gentle Souls Lilah Ruffle Flat? I am looking for something to replace a pair of last year's Ugg loafers and this year's version of them are very bad. Any other suggestions?

5. Yes, the heel is black. Here are some pictures! I’m returning mine tomorrow, primarily because there is a defect (see the red arrow). It’s not exactly easy to explain, but it’s not properly stiched together.

Beyond that, the black nubuck seems like a lint magnet. I’ve only had mine out of the box for a few minutes, first to try them on and then to take these pictures. The shoes were brand new, individually wrapped in plastic bags, and yet there are a lot of tiny white specks. I’m worried about durability and how well they will hold up over time, to be honest.
    392DFFF1-16A3-4B4D-BEFF-8BBC5E74E32F.jpeg
    78AA8F9F-4F1B-45BA-82B5-467CF943A20C.jpeg

V_vee and buggiewomma like this.
  6. I didn’t try them but but I did think they looked nicer IRL than in the pic. I did try on the ugg loafer and yes it was terrible.

paula3boys likes this.
  7. Thanks! My size is sold out anyway but I might still try them if they show up again. I prefer the black sole and so many shoes and boots have light soles this year.

Mahatma likes this.
  8. Yeah my color is accurate. You can even see the real color in their videos and photos of the dress, just not the main stock photo. I bought it in a full size down from normal and it’s not tight at all. :tup:

9. They most certainly did used to restock for the public sale. I almost always could find sold out items that were listed again. Yes, they used to also have new items that they would add to the sale over time. I miss those days.

ShyMiss, Mahatma, Nerja and 2 others like this.
  10. Another PSA: Tom ford sunglasses event on Gilt today!

ssocialitex and coffeecup1828 like this.
  11. That’s one of the reasons I liked them as well!

12. So, I erroneously decided to order a pair of pants today and two other items. I am located in a place that doesn't have USPS delivery (it's a small mountain town). Therefore, I always have to have expedited shipping to get it to come UPS or Fedex. I did the expedited shipping today. Well, all three items shipped, but one is being delivered via USPS in up to 2 weeks! So, not only is not being expedited, but it will get returned to sender. Moreover, I wouldn't have paid for expedited shipping or bought the item had I known it wouldn't come quickly. I called customer service and they essentially told me there is nothing they can do and I have to wait for the item to finish shipping to even do anything. I recall this happened to someone else too. I am so frustrated by this. Thanks for letting me rant. I should have known better than to try to order more stuff.

13. I went in store today in hopes of restocks. You wouldn’t even know it was the first day of the live sale. The whole store was in disarray. Items were rounded up in various brands/sizes in “last few” racks. It was pathetic.
    I found the Halogen leopard print cardigan. I’m normally an XS and it’s tts. It’s thinner than I expected and the sleeves are a touch short. But it lays nicely so I think I’ll keep it.
    I managed to have an SA find me a pair of Zella Taryn joggers in XS. You would have thought she was handing me her first born. We’ll see how they compare to the Zella live in joggers that are on their way.

Espressa likes this.
  14. Finally was able to make it to my local Nordstrom store for the sale!

Unfortunately my store didn’t really have a lot of stock in the items I wanted.

Ordered this cute blazer in navy from Jcrew
    https://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/j-crew-dover-blazer-nordstrom-exclusive-regular-petite/4933851?origin=coordinating-4933851-0-1-MOBI_FTR-recbot-recently_viewed_hybrid_snowplow_v1&recs_placement=MOBI_FTR&recs_strategy=recently_viewed_hybrid_snowplow_v1&recs_source=recbot&recs_page_type=search&recs_seed=0

Also bought the AG Farrah jeans in a size 25 even though I’m a 24 because it showed sold out on line and in store. https://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/ag-the-farrah-high-waist-ankle-skinny-jeans-11-years-blue-bound/5272796?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&color=none
    When I came home I checked on line and it showed available in my size so I bought it right away! I guess they do restock in between!! Yay!!

unusual likes this.

15. LOL... You were actually my contact with your sales rep last year.. when you said he was in designer I thought that it sounded so familiar... thank you again. He was/is awesome... I thought about just giving him my whole list when the icons were saying stuff was selling out before early access opened since I have the dreaded influencer status level. But I didn’t want to saddle him with returns that may happen. As there were a couple of shoes and some new denim brands I was unsure of.