Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019

Happy Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 everyone!! This sale is a holiday in its own right and we know how much you all love it too!

When sharing your purchases or items you are looking at, please post a link to the item on Nordstrom's site in this thread. Not only does it let everyone easily check out the items you are looking at, but it helps us too as we are partners with Nordstrom. We're a small team and always appreciate the support, so if you are shopping online, we'd love for you to shop through our links.

GIVEAWAY ALERT: To celebrate the occasion, we are giving away EIGHT $200 Gift Cards to 8 different tPFers during the Anniversary Sale! Click here to find out how to enter. Good luck and happy shopping!

Support tPF and shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale by using this link!

They seem to have over-bought everything Ugg.
The girls sequin Ugg boots were one of the first things I grabbed, thinking they would sell out, but they are fully stocked. Same with the women’s boots. Slippers sold well tho.

I agree with others that the Blondo Valli booties may not be anything special, but I got mine today & am happy with them. I was needing something to run errands in during the rain & these will work great for that purpose. Seem pretty comfortable & I like the look of them too. Haven't had a chance to really walk around in them much yet, so I can't say how comfortable they will be for longer wear. *is cautiously optimistic* :-s

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/blondo...crumb=Home/All Results&color=dark taupe suede

Reactions: Gatsby and Mahatma
The following is my first return list. It's all still in stock but I wanted to give brief reviews of why I'm returning them to a store tonight.

ASTR the Label Floral Midi Dress - Black/Mauve (Small)
Great dress, might buy it in X-Small closer to the event I need it for. It has a hidden side zipper so you don't have to mess with the buttons to get it on/off. It seems to still be fully stocked so I have a feeling by the time I need it, I might can get a better deal.

Halogen Wool & Cashmere Cardigan - Heather Dark Gray (Small)
It's an okay sweater. It's just too big on me and I have a sweater coat in the same color. I know it's wool/cashmere blend but I was expecting better. I'd put it about the same as a Madewell or J.Crew cardigan: not worth the price.

Madewell Dipped Crown Felt Hat - Maple Syrup (S/M)
I don't know if it got warped or what is going on with the brim. It looked asymmetrical on my head. I might try on another in store and see if it's better. I love the idea of hats (fair skin) but haven't found the right one that doesn't make me look like I'm trying to hard.

I ended up returning two more items tonight as well:

Rails Collins Military Jacket - Light Charcoal (XS)
It's sold out online but I didn't love it. The fabric is thicker than the Rowen (I think I am keeping that one) so it doesn't have the nice drape for an oversized look. Instead it is boxy and the color is so dull. I know it's gray which isn't an exciting color but it just looked like really, really faded black jeans.

Allsaints Balfern Lambskin Leather Biker Jacket - Blush Pink (2)
It didn't fit. Super buttery leather. Not much to say about it really.

However there were two women (probably bloggers) who walked up to the counter behind me carrying huge boxes full of returns.

Reactions: rivoli
I agree with others that the Blondo Valli booties may not be anything special, but I got mine today & am happy with them. I was needing something to run errands in during the rain & these will work great for that purpose. Seem pretty comfortable & I like the look of them too. Haven't had a chance to really walk around in them much yet, so I can't say how comfortable they will be for longer wear. *is cautiously optimistic* :-s

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/blondo-valli-waterproof-bootie-women/4026896?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&breadcrumb=Home/All Results&color=dark taupe suede

That's my one concern, a few reviews discuss them being really uncomfortable under the heel.

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/blondo-valli-waterproof-bootie-women/4026896?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&breadcrumb=Home/All Results&color=dark taupe suede

I got a pair of Blondo booties (similar style but I think a different name or slightly higher heel) during NAS a few years ago and love them. My sister borrowed them and loved them so much she bought herself a pair full price. I wore them in college to all the bars and tailgates when I wanted to look cute but prepared (rain storms or beer showers). I still wear them and have bought more by the brand but I survived many game days in those shoes.

Reactions: coffeecup1828
Nordstrom used to restock this sale. For sure. Last year was iirc the first year all the bloggers were like “oh sh** Nordstrom didn’t restock.” A lot of them were told by well intentioned SAs that there would be restocks. Actually BusbeeStyle was told (last year or 2017...can’t recall) that not only would they restock, but there would be new additions when public access opened. Some of you may remember we were all trying to figure out what the new additions were, and there was nothing. Busbee Style said in a haul video how disappointed she was that the restock she was told about never happened. I re-watched last years NSale YouTube videos before the sale this year (I was excited, don’t judge). This year a few items were replenished from what I saw, but no there was no official release of new inventory. Everyone knew this would be the case...the experienced NSale youtubers warned that Nordstrom probably wouldn’t restock everything based on last year.
If I’m honest, I don’t mind that they don’t restock for public access. But the real reason we are all upset is that they should definitely have enough inventory for cardholders.

Reactions: squidgee
Were they still selling it with that note or it just hadn’t been pulled from the floor yet?
It was behind the counter so I presume it was being pulled from inventory. It was close enough to the counter where I was standing that I could touch it and look at it and see the extent of the pilling and it was pretty disturbing.

So with the idea that pop backs are going to be true unicorns at this point is it worth it to contact a SA to try and find the items that are out of stock? I generally do online because often times the stuff I swear I am going to love end up being the ones going back and many of the SAs I have worked with in the past have really pushed stuff that once I get home and see myself in are like how did I fall for this... last year I used a recommendation from this website and he was awesome, but at this point there are only a few items I am still searching for. I don’t want to “waste” his time if a) they can’t get them and b) maybe they aren’t things I would keep , but mostly what is left are things that I am 90% certain I will keep. They just aren’t going to be major ticket items at this point.

My SA almost always finds what I want.

View attachment 4493899 Oof my Frye Carly extended calf boots were delivered today, and they actually feel tighter than any boots I own! I sized down half a size and the caramel color is nice, but I’m undecided. The left boot feels tighter in the calf than the right, and I’m not sold on the zipper. I already have six pairs of tall boots...
I think they’re lovely! I like when boots are structured but with a bit of slouch around the ankle. But if they feel tight you probably won’t wear them.