Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019

Happy Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 everyone!! This sale is a holiday in its own right and we know how much you all love it too!

When sharing your purchases or items you are looking at, please post a link to the item on Nordstrom's site in this thread. Not only does it let everyone easily check out the items you are looking at, but it helps us too as we are partners with Nordstrom. We're a small team and always appreciate the support, so if you are shopping online, we'd love for you to shop through our links.

GIVEAWAY ALERT: To celebrate the occasion, we are giving away EIGHT $200 Gift Cards to 8 different tPFers during the Anniversary Sale! Click here to find out how to enter. Good luck and happy shopping!

Support tPF and shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale by using this link!

It is great! I actually gave my BP Camo jacket from the anni sale from last year (or 2 years ago) to my sis since I hardly wore it but this Caslon one I will for sure!

I agree, I got some nice items but the Caslon utility jacket is maybe my favorite purchase. I love the cinching waist and that the darker print is less olive and more gray. I’ll get a lot of use out of this.

Has anyone done the Trunk Club? Was checking it out online & I've heard they sometimes carry items that sell out quickly in stores from the NAS. Anyone have personal experience with this?
https://www.trunkclub.com/clubhouse
Yes! I had my appointment on Friday and was able to get things that were already sold out. Its a more curated approach so they will not have everything that is in the stores/online. Also no crowds or waiting in line. I would recommend it highly.

Reactions: SoCal4Us
Has anyone done the Trunk Club? Was checking it out online & I've heard they sometimes carry items that sell out quickly in stores from the NAS. Anyone have personal experience with this?
https://www.trunkclub.com/clubhouse
if you’re looking to sign up for trunk club just to have an “in” on finding certain hot ticket items, then you’re not really using it as a styling service, you’re just hoping to have some insider help you scoop up certain things. A good relationship with a Nordstrom SA will do the same. And imho that’s wrong to use a Trunk club stylist that way.
I bet the Trunk club stylists who got some of the hot ticket items probably pulled those items before the sale started for their clients. Also, it takes usually over a week to set up your first Trunk and have it ship out, I doubt the hot items will be around that long.

Reactions: LVinIL
I agree, I got some nice items but the Caslon utility jacket is maybe my favorite purchase. I love the cinching waist and that the darker print is less olive and more gray. I’ll get a lot of use out of this.
Would you say the jacket runs TTS? I'm usually a medium but ordered only a large as it was the only size available. Wouldn't mind it being baggy but was curious as I haven't received my order yet.

Reactions: coffeecup1828
Nordstrom should really try to learn from Amazon...ordered 3 items first thing this morning that were part of the Prime Day sale and all 3 items have already shipped and are supposed to be delivered tomorrow...meanwhile orders I placed on Friday from the NAS still haven't shipped....I understand Amazon is probably better equipped for such a high volume of orders, but I don't understand how Nordstrom STILL can't get it together knowing this sale just keeps getting crazier every year.

@bicoast
Any reason you returned the commando faux leggings and Marc Fisher zurri pointy toe loafers?

Also, how was the thread & supply utility jacket?

Hi! Can you please share thoughts on the Thread & Supply Quilted Utility Jacket? How is the quality? It looks cute but like it may appear cheap in person. I've been debating...Thanks and great picks!

Commando faux leggings: I have large quads, and the leggings weren't particularly flatting for them or my butt. I wanted them to work because they are a great length for my 5'3" frame.

Pointy toe loafers: Comfortable and easy to match in the nude color, but they made my feet look big. No quality concerns.

Thread & Supply utility jacket: It does feel cheap and I have the same concern about it looking cheap, but my SO assures me it doesn't. It's really light so definitely more of a fall or mild winter jacket. I'm worried the lining won't wear well after a season, and that the outer will pick up dirt easily (I saw a blush one in the store that didn't look so hot), so I'm still on the fence.

Re Faria Bootie: Did you go with tts or size up, as website suggests for the solid colors? I ordered leopard in both sizes and didn’t see the sizing comment for the solids. May have to get back for larger size.
The front is narrow, so while my feet fit in my normal size, the toebox was brushing up against my pinky toe enough that I think it'd bother me after walking a while. I sized up half a size for the taupe, which feels perfect with socks.

@nightatthemoxie I didn’t really mean to direct my trunk club comment at you as much as people in general. I can see Trunk club getting swamped with people just trying to find certain things. I didn’t mean that you’re one of those people :smile:

Also there are physical Trunk club locations around the country, an early access NSale day TC appt. would probably prove fruitful for future sales.

Would you say the jacket runs TTS? I'm usually a medium but ordered only a large as it was the only size available. Wouldn't mind it being baggy but was curious as I haven't received my order yet.
I actually sized down in this jacket. It’s fitted in the arms but has room in the trunk, which you’ll be able to minimize with the cinching as you said. I think it would look cute oversized too, and the the cuffs rolled. Hope it works for you!

Reactions: ys1004
Yes! I had my appointment on Friday and was able to get things that were already sold out. Its a more curated approach so they will not have everything that is in the stores/online. Also no crowds or waiting in line. I would recommend it highly.
This is awesome news! I live in the Dallas area so I think I better check it out, definitely for next year's sale. :smile::heart:

if you’re looking to sign up for trunk club just to have an “in” on finding certain hot ticket items, then you’re not really using it as a styling service, you’re just hoping to have some insider help you scoop up certain things. A good relationship with a Nordstrom SA will do the same. And imho that’s wrong to use a Trunk club stylist that way.
I bet the Trunk club stylists who got some of the hot ticket items probably pulled those items before the sale started for their clients. Also, it takes usually over a week to set up your first Trunk and have it ship out, I doubt the hot items will be around that long.
Just to add, they will not ship NAS items in a trunk. You have to have a styling appointment. I didn't request any specific items from my stylist, she pulled the outfits for me. One of the reasons why i like the service is that they will find things I might not have been drawn to on my own.

@nightatthemoxie I didn’t really mean to direct my trunk club comment at you as much as people in general. I can see Trunk club getting swamped with people just trying to find certain things. I didn’t mean that you’re one of those people :smile:

Also there are physical Trunk club locations around the country, an early access NSale day TC appt. would probably prove fruitful for future sales.
I didn't take offense & totally get what you're saying. It's just something I've been looking into & mostly like the idea of a stylist helping me choose items that work best for by body type. The NAS stuff just sounded like a nice perk.