Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019

Happy Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 everyone!! This sale is a holiday in its own right and we know how much you all love it too!

When sharing your purchases or items you are looking at, please post a link to the item on Nordstrom's site in this thread. Not only does it let everyone easily check out the items you are looking at, but it helps us too as we are partners with Nordstrom. We're a small team and always appreciate the support, so if you are shopping online, we'd love for you to shop through our links.

GIVEAWAY ALERT: To celebrate the occasion, we are giving away EIGHT $200 Gift Cards to 8 different tPFers during the Anniversary Sale! Click here to find out how to enter. Good luck and happy shopping!

Support tPF and shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale by using this link!

other than a few glitches I didn't hear of any significant ordering problems Friday.

There were definitely glitches---their online inventory doesn't match their actual inventory. That's why so many are getting cancelled.

I'm a little confused--did you keep the dresses? I didn't realize that you could get the status even though you returned items? I'm a Sephora Rouge and they deduct returned items from your annual $2000 total. Congratulations mama--I hope the wedding was beautiful and you were too! :smile:

Reactions: LVinIL
All of my items arrived this morning via lasership except for my son’s camo sweatshirt. I live in MA and did not expedite shipping. I am keeping everything. The Zella joggers in size medium would probably be a better fit but the large don’t look bad. I’m just happy I got a pair. I always order large in jackets because my arms are so long, and the Caslon utility jacket looks nice because it has cords inside to cinch for a better fit. Hope everyone’s packages arrive soon, and I hope to not be tempted to buy more lol

I cant wait for my utility jacket to come. I've read that the quality is as good, if not better than last year's.

Ack! I hate taking pics LOL. But here’s the best I could do before flying out. These are the Frame Flair. I’m 5”2 and about 150. Cary my weight in my midsection and bought the 31’s.

Hope this helps!
This is what gets me in trouble
Seeing the items on a real person
Love them
Wasn’t even considering them
Now I have to have them

I guess what I find very interesting is the varied experience that we have all had. People who ordered around same time getting shipments and some not. The in store pick up being messed up some not. Is it just the level of customer support per store and staff or is the sale just to big to manage at this point. All my items shipped and Im happy about that however I can see it isnt fun with orders and cancellations or wrong items shipped. I would be completely frustrated however since all my stuff is out I feel good about the sale but if it hadn't I may feel differently
Right. I agree with you about the varied experiences and I myself am right in the middle because most of my wishlist was fulfilled but not all and I normally would stalk the site but I'm just feeling a little jaded that's all. Today I talked to a customer service person in store who did my returns and he called about my tshirt being in the getting ready mode still and they told him that it was still available and coming from a warehouse so not to worry but I still have my doubts. He was very helpful and he helped me retroactively activate my double points day for Friday since even with returns I still spent more than I normally would any other day. I hope all of my points add in though because for some reason not all of my orders and in store purchases from the 12th are showing in my app but I will just keep an eye on it.

There were definitely glitches---their online inventory doesn't match their actual inventory. That's why so many are getting cancelled.

I'm a little confused--did you keep the dresses? I didn't realize that you could get the status even though you returned items? I'm a Sephora Rouge and they deduct returned items from your annual $2000 total. Congratulations mama--I hope the wedding was beautiful and you were too! :smile:
I didn't know my status was due to net spent. Interesting. I assumed the only way I reached $5k was due to all the dresses (that were returned except for two). Maybe I'm a bigger spender than I think I am!
By glitches I guess I meant the crashing that came with the heavy traffic that first day. I agree, inventory is a mess!

Reactions: LVinIL
I thought it might be VB! I have that jacket in both blue and black and love them so much. They also travel extremely well. I might have to get the white after seeing how great it looks on you.

Girrrrl, I’ve been trying to snag the black for a couple of years but refuse to pay retail. LOL!

This is what gets me in trouble
Seeing the items on a real person
Love them
Wasn’t even considering them
Now I have to have them

It’s both a curse and blessing seeing pics, huh? LOL. I will say I could have gone with the 30. I’ll have to wear a belt next time but it’s arriving via UPS today. LOL

Right. I agree with you about the varied experiences and I myself am right in the middle because most of my wishlist was fulfilled but not all and I normally would stalk the site but I'm just feeling a little jaded that's all. Today I talked to a customer service person in store who did my returns and he called about my tshirt being in the getting ready mode still and they told him that it was still available and coming from a warehouse so not to worry but I still have my doubts. He was very helpful and he helped me retroactively activate my double points day for Friday since even with returns I still spent more than I normally would any other day. I hope all of my points add in though because for some reason not all of my orders and in store purchases from the 12th are showing in my app but I will just keep an eye on it.

All 3 orders (placed on Friday had shipped by yesterday, with only 1 cancellation. It's not at all surprising that those opting for in store pick up are having the majority of negative experiences. The system tracks in store inventory, but fulfillment is subject to a sales associate tracking down and processing the item. It's to be expected that by the time the associate has a chance to locate the item it's been sold, or is not where it's expected to be (in a dressing room, for example). If it's a super busy time, how hard do you think the SA is going to look? This service is somewhat risky during slower periods, but the expectation it would be favorable during a time like the Anniversary Sale is unwarranted. If receiving a plethora of boxes is a deterrent to shipping, you can easily have them shipped to a store. This would be fulfilled by the warehouse, not subject to the risks of order for pick up in store.

Girrrrl, I’ve been trying to snag the black for a couple of years but refuse to pay retail. LOL!

It’s both a curse and blessing seeing pics, huh? LOL. I will say I could have gone with the 30. I’ll have to wear a belt next time but it’s arriving via UPS today. LOL

I don't want to go to far down this path since the thread is the NAS, but if you sign up for emails, then they will send a 15% of code, which is what I used for my jackets. I am with you - I do not like to pay full retail. I will say that these jackets get much more use than most of my other blazers. Love them!

Reactions: LVinIL and JoesGirl
All 3 orders (placed on Friday had shipped by yesterday, with only 1 cancellation. It's not at all surprising that those opting for in store pick up are having the majority of negative experiences. The system tracks in store inventory, but fulfillment is subject to a sales associate tracking down and processing the item. It's to be expected that by the time the associate has a chance to locate the item it's been sold, or is not where it's expected to be (in a dressing room, for example). If it's a super busy time, how hard do you think the SA is going to look? This service is somewhat risky during slower periods, but the expectation it would be favorable during a time like the Anniversary Sale is unwarranted. If receiving a plethora of boxes is a deterrent to shipping, you can easily have them shipped to a store. This would be fulfilled by the warehouse, not subject to the risks of order for pick up in store.
Seriously. If you've ever paid attention to them trying to pull orders on a regular day its a lot of walking and looking to find one thing. It's not Kroger Clicklist. Then add all the people taking 20+ items in all the dressing rooms and the pile you can't even see over at the counter of all the things that have come out of the dressing room but no one has been able to hang up yet. I can totally see how store pick up turned into a disaster. It would have been without the $10 incentive.

Seriously. If you've ever paid attention to them trying to pull orders on a regular day its a lot of walking and looking to find one thing. It's not Kroger Clicklist. Then add all the people taking 20+ items in all the dressing rooms and the pile you can't even see over at the counter of all the things that have come out of the dressing room but no one has been able to hang up yet. I can totally see how store pick up turned into a disaster. It would have been without the $10 incentive.

LOL.... kroger checklist....