Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have not seen a single person mention these & zero reviews on Nordie site. Has anyone tried these? Definitely practical for all day on my feet but I'd love to know how they run. Anyone?
https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/natura...vp&recs_source=recbot&recs_page_type=purchase

These were one of two pairs of booties I ordered during this sale and these were a keeper. I ordered the banana bread color and it's a beautiful rich shade of tan. Keep in mind that if you order that particular color, it's slightly darker in color towards the toe of the boot. I'm in between a 6.5 and 7 and ordered the 7 given the slightly pointed shape and to give me room for wearing socks and it's a great fit. There's a good amount of cushioning in these and I'm really excited to wear them when the weather cools downs. I would definitely recommend trying them out.

Reactions: ShyMiss
I still have an order “Preparing to Ship” from the 15th. One from the 14th finished shipping yesterday. 7 days before they even ship! Then 5 plus days to arrive. By the time things come you can’t get another size, everything is gone. Anyone else still have things Not yet shipped from days ago?

I have a lame BP tee from 7/13 still waiting to ship. It’s the pink striped tee, which I’m likely returning.

Also have an order from 7/19 still preparing to ship. Luckily all my other orders shipped.

I returned a few items today no problem but my next trip there I’ll definitely have more items to return..

Today returned le specs sunnies, topshop denim shorts, Leith wrap dress, speechless lace dress

Picked up Steve Madden mules, adidas shoes for my toddler, spanx faux leather leggings, beauty blender

Obsessed with the soprano side cutout bodycon dress in black. Going to get it hemmed to hit at my knee since I’m 5’3”. But it’s the perfect black dress!

Waiting on 4 dresses, wit & wisdom jeans, Leith rib wrap sweater

I returned a bony levy ring and necklace last night. The necklace had zero sparkle. The SA all but outright accused me of trying to return the small size with a receipt for the larger size. She left me at the counter while she went to look at them.

I do wonder if I will be at the top of the list as far as negative points once my ten point day returns have processed. I may die before I earn another note! I wish they would take them back when you return but since they don’t, I’ve used most of mine already. An unscrupulous person could have charged $20K in merchandise on 10 point day abd returned it all, never to use her Nordstrom card again, and gotten a hefty amount of free merchandise.
I hate this too. I also wish they would just take the notes back as well. I'm back in the hole again because of my returns. It's also annoying that they issued them less then a week after the purchases. I got the notes before I got what I ordered. I cancelled two orders from the first day of the presale that were in limbo for more than a week "getting ready" status. Some of the items weren't even sale items. I wish they would wait until they bill you to issue them.

They used to issue notes with each billing cycle so it is annoying that they do it so quickly now IMO. Nobody wants to be in the negative!
i think they still do this (i.e., issue notes at each billing cycle). The immediate notes thing was just for the sale 10 points day i believe... in the "we're so sorry" email, it said that they would give 10 points and issues notes within 10 days. That's why we all got "you've got a new note!" emails, like, every day (that is, if you placed a zillion duplicate orders by accident like me. LOL).

I hate seeing those stupid notes now when I go to check out. It is no temptation to use them- just annoying to know that Nordstroms giveth and Nordstroms taketh away without letting the dust settle. Really dumb way to do business.

Reactions: ame
As a long-time card holder, i have excitedly looked forward to the NAS every year, and plan ahead with catalog, lookbook, SA appt, AND jump online the first day..... But this year, i am feeling like so much work for me, i have little to show for it and i am regretting my participation .........
July 12: Ordered undies, tights, camis, pendelton throw ( shipped yesterday, to arrive 25th!!!!!)
July 13: Met w/ SA to look at items i had texted her. The selection was so awful in store, and the poor thing was stuck trying to sell me “comparables” - i left with three shirts for DH, supergoop spf powder, one throw and cashmere wrap for my mom. In the store i had SA order online: more throws, Ecco sneakers, Aquatalia boots. foxcraft shirts and bp cardies. i get they cant carry every single thing, but it seems that in past years - at least on the first day- you could see the colors of everything and feel the quality, details and size before you made the order. This order i requested ship to store and as of yesterday, still no arrival
July 13: Yes, i did another order after being in the store and realizing i wanted to go ahead and see some more IRL: jewelry. AGL heels and more clothes for DH ( this also has not shipped)

Overall, I am perplexed by Nordstrom marketing strategy. Many of the things i was interested in i could have purchased multiples for gifts if seen IRL. And not even receiving the ordered items yet. ( YES - i have not received a single item of my three orders!!!) i have missed out on any chances for size or color exchanges or to encourage others to look at the deals. But maybe this circus is what i needed to realize the sadness in my quest for nordstroms to “please” take my money during NAS -lol . I have good memories of past NAS: stocking up for gifts, buying trendy fall items and getting my girls kitted out for the school year, but maybe i need to just remember the good times and move on.

I returned a bony levy ring and necklace last night. The necklace had zero sparkle. The SA all but outright accused me of trying to return the small size with a receipt for the larger size. She left me at the counter while she went to look at them.

I do wonder if I will be at the top of the list as far as negative points once my ten point day returns have processed. I may die before I earn another note! I wish they would take them back when you return but since they don’t, I’ve used most of mine already. An unscrupulous person could have charged $20K in merchandise on 10 point day abd returned it all, never to use her Nordstrom card again, and gotten a hefty amount of free merchandise.

That requires the person to have 20K limit on their Nordstrom card though - I think the 10x pts is only for using that card. Not if you pay with other methods. I don’t think it’s that easy to have that limit although I may be wrong :smile:

Your point still stands though. But I think normally they wait to issue notes at the end of the billing cycle, it’s only this 10x point one that has gotten issued immediately.

For those who picked up a Halogen cashmere wrap, which one did you go with and why? Thanks!

$98.90 Cashmere Scarf from Nordstrom: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/4877171

$125.90 Cashmere Wrap from Nordstrom: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/4873480

I first bought this cashmere cardigan: https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/halogen-shawl-collar-cashmere-cardigan/4873402
I was at the store for my level 4 appointment and checking out when I saw this one in the pretty pink and decided just to get it. Because it is one size, it is a tad bigger and boxier than I would like, but I really like the pink.

Another day when I went to the store, I happened to see the scarves and couldn't help touching them. I have tons of scarves, so I decided I didn't need another one. Yet, I could not forget about it and yesterday I ended up purchasing them in store after I looked online and realized there was a lavender option. I bought the lavender and pink ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.