Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have multiple things that haven't shipped yet from the 12th and 13th. Reached out to customer service to see if they could be cancelled as 1) they are out of stock items and 2) I got what i needed in store. They said they can't cancel them and they'll ship by the end of July. Would rather just be done with returns, sigh.

A few purchases / try ons:

Barefoot Dreams Circle Cardigan in Carbon.

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/barefo...gin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&color=none

Got this in XS and found it to be as cozy, comfy and as well made as last year's version.

Nordstrom Large Lingerie Wash bag

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nordst...in=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&color=white

Bought this last year at regular price and picked up a couple more during pre-sale. Great lingerie bag - very roomy.

Spanx Undie-tectable Lace Hipster

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/spanx-undie-tectable-lace-hipster-panties/4287440?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&color=midnight navy

Picked this up in "Soft Nude" at last year's sale and bought some "Very Black" this time around. Very comfy but it does slide down a little bit.

Two by Vince Camuto Seamed Black Leggings

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/two-by...keywordsearch-personalizedsort&color=espresso

I kept missing this at previous NAS but finally had a chance to try some on during the Pre-sale period. Not good. I tried on several different sizes and had the same problem with all - massive wrinkles under my butt! Looked horrible.

These leggings have great reviews and are a very popular item but unless I hit a defective batch, they're not for me.
Is Nordstrom's mesh bag any better/different than one from Target, Bed, Bath & Beyond, etc? TIA

I ordered the makeup remover cloths too. I will use my oil cleanser most of the time, and always use Lancôme bifacil for eye makeup, but I thought the cloths might be nice for the nights I’m dead tired and just want to crawl into bed.
Nights I'm dead tired, I pull out Neutrogena face wipes. They get everything off and then get tossed into the garbage. I've used other name brands too - they're basically all the same. Great for travel.

Last edited:
Tory Burch Marsden thongs - I've never owned any TB shoes b4. Any feedback on quality, fit? NAS has these on sale from $228 to $149 and they look cute. I wonder if the thong will hurt between the toes, some do, some don't. TIA
https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/tory-burch-marsden-flat-thong-sandal-women/4908861
View attachment 4139977

I have three TB sandals that have held up well, including a pair of thongs. Probably had those for 3 years now. I think TB quality is much higher for shoes than bags.

Reactions: MamaSleepy
Please stop letting me go into Nordstrom, I keep leaving with things. I got the BlankNYC jacket in Mt. Rushmore and I’m in love, plus the Ugg loafers. I’m either a 10.5 or an 11 but went up to a 12 and I’m glad I did.

Also, no one should be ashamed of doing large returns. I saw a woman returning so many things she was using a Radio Flyer wagon to hold her returns.

Also, no one should be ashamed of doing large returns. I saw a woman returning so many things she was using a Radio Flyer wagon to hold her returns.

I used to think that until NR banned me from shopping online due to excessive returns (I returned in-store) and some of the women here were super judgey because they RARELY return things :angel:

Reactions: TNgypsy
Did anyone get the Birkenstock clogs and if so how do you like them?
I did not buy because not offered in my size (I wear an EU42 in this brand and I cannot cheat and get a shorter size)- when I was in store today I did look at them and they are the standard Arizona style- they are nice for the price. The forest is more of a gray/taupe and the plum is a lighter shade than shown online- not as red. My local Nordstrom at Century City did not get the dark blue for the NAS but they had it at regular price- that would have been my choice. But if you like Birkinstock, it is a pretty good deal.

I totally got a side eye and a comment when i returned 15 items yesterday [emoji28][emoji849]
Fortunately there is a Rack within a 10 minute walk of my office so I can bring back items gradually without too much side-eye and sheesh's from SA's. I hope anyway. But I brought back 13 items today that were duplicates with the glitchiness first day of the sale or damaged or wrong size. No drama or snidery. I wanted to take back the lion's share of returns today and not deal with this aspect. I tried very hard to only buy this NAS what I knew I would use so there should not be a lot to return.

Reactions: bebeklein
So glad you told me that as I had considered it. Off my wishlist now!
Please stop letting me go into Nordstrom, I keep leaving with things. I got the BlankNYC jacket in Mt. Rushmore and I’m in love, plus the Ugg loafers. I’m either a 10.5 or an 11 but went up to a 12 and I’m glad I did.
I like that Mt. Rushmore one also. Glad I am not alone in sizing up on those loafers. Seems like we have several of us that did. I went from my normal 9 to a 9.5 (and got two colors in these).

Reactions: MamaSleepy
So glad you told me that as I had considered it. Off my wishlist now!

I like that Mt. Rushmore one also. Glad I am not alone in sizing up on those loafers. Seems like we have several of us that did. I went from my normal 9 to a 9.5 (and got two colors in these).

You and I seem to have similar tastes, next year I’m totallly paying attention to what you buy!

My feet are hard to fit because they’re wide. Probably could have done an 11 but I like how roomy the 12 is. I wish more brands did wides or half sizes beyond 10.

Reactions: p3b
Status
Not open for further replies.