Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Looks like the AS SW are sold out, but I think I will try the secret sleuth version as they are cut lower and might work with some of my dress shoes.
I have both of the SW Hide and seek no-show and the Secret Sleuth no-show socks. The secret sleuth do not work for me (Size med and I’m an 8.5); they always slip off my heel when I walk. The SW hide and seek no-shows are my favorite socks ever! I bought 3 more (2-packs) during this sale! They stay on my heel and work great!

Reactions: emchhardy
@PiecesOfFlair if you end up getting the North Face vest, I hope you like it!

A few more quick reviews:

AG Farrah Jeans (https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/ag-the-farrah-ankle-skinny-jeans-7-years-astro-azure/4623078?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&color=07 years astro azure) -- on the fence about these. I like that they're form fitting and a good skinny jean, but they're nowhere as soft as AG Legging Jeans typically are. The material is much rougher and stiffer than usual.

AG The Legging Ripped Ankle Skinny Jeans (https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/ag-the-legging-ripped-ankle-skinny-jeans-4-years-lucid-quartz/4928182?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&color=04 years lucid quartz) -- these were a hot blogger/YouTuber item. I loved them at first glance but was dismayed that already the distressing is fraying off making the rip at the knee even bigger. Having so few threads at the knee worry me a bit since it weakens the hole and it'll only make it bigger and bigger as time goes on. Not sure what to do with this one yet...

By the way, for those of you who have AG Jeans, do you find them to have a weird, off-putting smell? It's not exactly a chemical smell; I can't place it exactly but it's not appealing and it doesn't come out in the wash.
So this is interesting. I bought a pair of AG legging jeans that were price matched before the NAS and they have zero smell. The Farrah pair I bought from the NAS definitely have some sort of chemical odor. I really hope it comes out in the wash...that is one of the reasons I prefer designer denim, because they never smell chemically.

Just added those booties to my cart. Super cute! Did you find them TTS?
I’m sorry, but I purchased them in store on the 11th (and was mentally drained by that point, lol) and I honestly cannot remember. I left for vacation yesterday so I can’t check now either. I think I may have had to go down a 1/2 size in them. Definitely not up. But maybe I sized down in all my Vince shoes? Sorry, not much help. I do love them though! I compared them to all the other white/off-white booties offered in the NSale and they were by far my favorite!

AG Farrah Jeans (https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/ag-the-farrah-ankle-skinny-jeans-7-years-astro-azure/4623078?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&color=07 years astro azure) -- on the fence about these. I like that they're form fitting and a good skinny jean, but they're nowhere as soft as AG Legging Jeans typically are. The material is much rougher and stiffer than usual.

AG The Legging Ripped Ankle Skinny Jeans (https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/ag-the-legging-ripped-ankle-skinny-jeans-4-years-lucid-quartz/4928182?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&color=04 years lucid quartz) -- these were a hot blogger/YouTuber item. I loved them at first glance but was dismayed that already the distressing is fraying off making the rip at the knee even bigger. Having so few threads at the knee worry me a bit since it weakens the hole and it'll only make it bigger and bigger as time goes on. Not sure what to do with this one yet...

By the way, for those of you who have AG Jeans, do you find them to have a weird, off-putting smell? It's not exactly a chemical smell; I can't place it exactly but it's not appealing and it doesn't come out in the wash.

Does it smell faintly of mothballs? I think it's how they dye the fabric. I recently returned a Jcrew denim jacket and Theory jeans for this reason, and you're right, the smell never comes out. I had to toss a pair of Uniqlo jeggings due to the smell. The NAS Frame trouser jean smells very faintly of something and I may return because of the odor.

Reactions: USCGirlie

I own many pairs of AG jeans and they’ve never had a smell. Even before washing there shouldn’t be any weird chemical smell, but mine are not from the NAS. In regards to the fabric, some styles are super soft especially if they are the super skinny style, the material is a mix of cotton, rayon and spandex. For the straighter styles, the cotton content is higher and a little stiffer.

I'm hanging onto a few things in the wrong size hoping to do just that if they ever show up.

I don't think it's creating too much bulk. It's clear IMO that it's the design of the sweater and not you. You could also try wearing it backwards like someone mentioned earlier in this thread so that the twist is in the back. Maybe you would like it better that way?

Thank you...
It is the sweater causing the bulk. I tried it on backwards and it looks like a Henley type sweater (material wise). For 31 dollars, I am going to keep it. I love the deep v - it’s very sexy for a day date.

Reactions: PiecesOfFlair
Ok everyone heres my first review with photos! The ecco soft 7 center zip shoe in the dove grey color. I got 9-9.5/40 and they fit me perfect, I wear a 9.5 in most brands. The leather is extremely soft and thin where I feel you have to be so careful. I tried them without socks for the photos and the leather is so thin that you can see my toe shape through them. They are great though and very comfortable and light! Keeping!

https://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/ecc...rch-personalizedsort&color=wild dove leather

IMG_9971.jpg
IMG_9972.jpg

I own many pairs of AG jeans and they’ve never had a smell. Even before washing there shouldn’t be any weird chemical smell, but mine are not from the NAS. In regards to the fabric, some styles are super soft especially if they are the super skinny style, the material is a mix of cotton, rayon and spandex. For the straighter styles, the cotton content is higher and a little stiffer.
They must use a different dying process for NAS items....that’s disappointing.

Reactions: USCGirlie
ALL THE STUFF arrived today!!!!! Unfortunately, a lot is going back.

For reference, I’m 5’5 and wearing a Medium in everything. I’m generally an 8-10in tops (closer to 10 currently as I’m packin’ some extra fluff these days).
The Topshop cardigan all the bloggers went nuts over is the worst of the bunch. The fabric is total crap. It feels stiff and cheap and just gross overall. The fit wasn’t flattering for me and the sleeves were annoying but I know there are ladies could rock it. For fun, i pulled it down off my shoulders and it looked a little better, but who ACTUALLY wears a cardigan like that? :huh: Mine also came with long untrimmed threads at one seam and several pulls in the fabric. Easy return!
View attachment 4136977
View attachment 4136978
View attachment 4136975

The next terrible one was this Halogen cashmere cardigan. The color is pretty, but there is way too much fabric and it made me look like a house. It’s cut weird and you could wrap yourself up in it, but I just didn’t find it flattering AT ALL. It was also itchy.
View attachment 4136979
View attachment 4136980

Next is the Halogen cashmere cuffed sleeve turtleneck. It is a great weight and felt soft to the touch. The color is a nice ivory/winter white and I thought it was a flattering slightly baggy fit, but it also made me itch. I don’t own any other cashmere so maybe it’s just me since both cashmere items felt itchy to me. Ultimately I decided to return it and look for a similar cut in merino wool or another fabric that isn’t itchy. The sleeves are also pretty long but each cuff only has two small stitches holding them so it would be really easy to adjust shorter or longer. It’s a nice classic sweater and I really liked it aside from the itchiness.
View attachment 4136983

Next up, the Alexander Wang shoes. LOVE these. They’re comfy and really pretty. Bright and shiny but not tacky silver. I think the height is perfect too and the chunky heel makes them very wearable.
View attachment 4136982

The Barefoot Dreams cardigan is the softest thing I think I’ve ever put on my body. Love it. It was an easy decision to keep this one. I would be wearing it right now if it wasn’t 90+ degrees. The necklace is the Kendra Scott pendant. I like that it’s adjustable, but the finish is pretty matte and I’m just not sure I feel it’s worth the $45-$50 (cant recall exact price). Still debating but I’ll probably return.
View attachment 4136976

Lastly, this Vince Camuto short sleeve turtleneck. I’m leaning toward keeping because it will be really versatile in the south this fall/winter but I already have a really similar one in blue from Athleta. The cut is boxy but it works tucked in the front. Wearing it with the Alexander Wang shoes here.
View attachment 4136981

I may pick a few replacement items since I’m returning a bunch but I’ll have to browse the site to decide. My wish list has like 92 things in it currently :biggrin:
^THIS is what I love about thread. Real people buying and modeling clothing and giving their honest opinion. Thanks @Laurenleigh ! :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.