Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much, USCGirlie, your words are an encouragement to me! We did have a great day together. I am so sorry about the loss of your dad. I experienced that at an early age, too. I am trying to be supportive with my (grown) kids but keep them moving forward at the same time. A tricky balance! :heart:

Thank you so much can_do_mom (your username is so fitting by the way!) for your kind words!! I am so sorry that you experienced loss at such a young age as well. When my dad first passed, I was really worried about my mom as she was quite dependent on my dad (she doesn't drive so he would pick her up and take her to work/home/grocery shopping, etc.) but since then, she has shown so much strength, growth, and independence over the years; my dad would be so proud. Your strength and perseverance really comes through your posts and I'm sure your husband would be very proud of you!

Lastly, I'm a lover of quotes and hopefully this is not too cheesy, but when I was in the early stages of processing grief, this quote really spoke to me (I hope it does for you too!) :heart::

“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” -Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

I went in a bought a few things today.
Vince silk blouse - very pretty
Vince heels (better than I expected)
Jo Malone, Clinique set
Bras, etc
and the rest I bought non-sale.

There's some OK stuff but honestly the quality has nosedived. So many items had a thin, muslin dried out look, and it wasn't a "look" it was poorly made. I do buy on the higher end but normally love mixing it with fun TBD/ BP items, most of my items from a few years ago are still in great condition. I don't expect what I saw on the rack to last past a few wears/ washings. It seemed like stuff you see at the rack.

I gave the SA helping me with my appointment tomorrow a list, but she didn't tell me what they have or don't have so I am thinking I will be ordering online just in case because I don't want to worry they won't have it. I wish she would have let me know either way before the appointment. I gave her the list a few days ago. :sad:

I gave the SA helping me with my appointment tomorrow a list, but she didn't tell me what they have or don't have so I am thinking I will be ordering online just in case because I don't want to worry they won't have it. I wish she would have let me know either way before the appointment. I gave her the list a few days ago. :sad:

I just got a call from mine and the VB jacket I wanted to try on is sold out so I might order online. The other items I wanted are still available so that’s good. I’d order online if in doubt.

Reactions: MamaSleepy and p3b
Anyone have a good experience with BECCA? I was going to get the Parisian gift set and then decided against it, but now I'm second guessing. It was a highlighter, setting powder, lip gloss, and something else I can't remember. I'm also thinking of ordering the Hourglass blush set that my store didn't have and forget to order when I was there--does anyone have any experience with Hourglass? I know they're at Sephora but never tried them.

Majority of the stuff I got today had to be ordered because my store didn't have them but here's the jacket I was talking about and the Good American jeans. You guys I am in love with this jacket, I honestly don't know how to put into words how excited I am about it. The cut! The removable sweatshirt piece! The plus size options never do much for me year after year and I always find them lacking compared to the straight size offerings, but this one is a winner in my book! If any plus size girls are reading this, you seriously need to check this jacket out--just be sure to size up because it offers absolutely no stretch and I think it does run a size small.IMG_1302.JPG IMG_1304.JPG

Anyone have a good experience with BECCA? I was going to get the Parisian gift set and then decided against it, but now I'm second guessing. It was a highlighter, setting powder, lip gloss, and something else I can't remember. I'm also thinking of ordering the Hourglass blush set that my store didn't have and forget to order when I was there--does anyone have any experience with Hourglass? I know they're at Sephora but never tried them.

Majority of the stuff I got today had to be ordered because my store didn't have them but here's the jacket I was talking about and the Good American jeans. You guys I am in love with this jacket, I honestly don't know how to put into words how excited I am about it. The cut! The removable sweatshirt piece! The plus size options never do much for me year after year and I always find them lacking compared to the straight size offerings, but this one is a winner in my book! If any plus size girls are reading this, you seriously need to check this jacket out--just be sure to size up because it offers absolutely no stretch and I think it does run a size small.View attachment 4129220 View attachment 4129221

What brand is the jacket? Did you go up one size? How do you like the jeans? Are they true to size?

I just got a call from mine and the VB jacket I wanted to try on is sold out so I might order online. The other items I wanted are still available so that’s good. I’d order online if in doubt.
What is a VB jacket? Also, they are only allowed to pull from store inventory until tomorrow. Tomorrow the warehouse inventory is live (tonight at midnight PST) and then they can access both.

Status
Not open for further replies.