Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2017 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AAACK it's so annoying to not be in the store to have the intel! I won't know if I'll be around for the sale for another week maybe. I just got my catalog today and...hmm. It kind of looks like more of the same but I think some of the pieces could be styled in interesting ways.

I really want to be able to see the VEDA moto jacket in person. For people looking at the leathers I would recommend them generally (new york based, young fresh silhouettes, known for the Max classic which is Rick Owens style funnel collar) -- very good quality, I have 5 or 6 VEDAs and they're similar in quality and price point to IRO. The sale one looks to have slightly oversized proportions but... does it have a sort of metallic finish? hmm. The Mackage leather will also be nice, their stuff lasts forever.

I was slightly off on the price of the Bony Levy bangles, sorry y'all. A little more expensive this year than I remember.

I hope they add some more designer pieces...really surprised there's not a show-stopper bag from Chloe or A Wang or Phillip Lim even??

I'm surprised at the lack of designer stuff - really no bags or shoes. Not even any Tory Burch? I also wish there was a DvF dress but I didn't see one. If there's a Burberry coat I might look at that for my birthday in August or I was also eyeing the MIchele or Movado watches. Other than that I think I'm good.
They do have around six Tory Burch bags and two wallets. All the TB bags are from the Frida Collection. Some are hobos, totes or satchels and come in leather and suede if I remember correctly. Price range was $300 and up depending on style and material. Have yet to hear about any Burberry anything which disappoints me. Same for DvF. Hope this helps.

There is a TON of stuff that is not in the catalogue that is part of the sale. You have to go into a store and ask an SA for the full look book or have an SA send it to you if you know one well enough to ask. Burberry did have a couple coats. Also the Akris stuff was beautiful! My SA sent me the look book and it is a lot more comprehensive than what was mailed out. I promised my SA I would not post it here, though, so she doesn't get busted! My list includes a faux leather skirt from Rebecca Taylor, Cole Haan Katrina riding boot, Monica Vinader Riva diamond bracelet, etc.

Reactions: mrsbagalot1222
There is a TON of stuff that is not in the catalogue that is part of the sale. You have to go into a store and ask an SA for the full look book or have an SA send it to you if you know one well enough to ask. Burberry did have a couple coats. Also the Akris stuff was beautiful! My SA sent me the look book and it is a lot more comprehensive than what was mailed out. I promised my SA I would not post it here, though, so she doesn't get busted! My list includes a faux leather skirt from Rebecca Taylor, Cole Haan Katrina riding boot, Monica Vinader Riva diamond bracelet, etc.

I am getting that bracelet as well in yellow gold.

My DIL who is a Level 4 was in yesterday to meet with her SA. She got to see the look book but there was no Burberry. She specifically asked for me. Are different SAs getting different look books? Is this a repeat of certain stores getting an edge like last year? If so I' done! Too old and too tired to chase things down. Life's too short. Did see those riding boots. Great choice!

Here are the Burberry coats... Cotten blend hoodie for $250. Milbridgen wool blend military jacket $900. Pensham quilted jacket $500. Patternsby lamb skin leather jacket $1200. They are under "collectors" in the look book. If I can figure out how to copy the pics I will try to post them!

Thank you SO much! I have no idea why my level 4 DIL wasn't shown any of these when she specifically asked. She has been with the same SA for years and spends ten times what I do.

Are the Bony Levy pieces made for the sale?

I don't think so but someone else can confirm.

All I know is the Monica Vinader braclets are not made for the sale because I asked my SA to find out. If they have the same item number as they do currently do online I think that means they are not made for the sale.

Just like the La Canadienne 'Stefanie' Waterproof Boot has the same item number as is up now on the site and I was also told it is not made for the sale.

Reactions: L etoile
Status
Not open for further replies.