Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2017 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at Nordstroms yesterday and I saw that they had a bunch of price matching signs up. i.e. all Gucci, givenchy, Chanel, etc sunglasses were 30% off because they were price matching. Raybans were 20% off. All Kate Spade items were 30% off. There were a lot more they were price matching.

Reactions: MamaSleepy
I received a $100 gift card recently as a present. I applied $15ish toward a pair of havianas. Then I called Thursday night to use another $60 but was told I didn’t have a large enough balance. Huh?

Long story short, apparently someone in another state used my gift card info to purchase $50 worth of mascara. The rep goes “we treat gift cards like cash so there’s nothing we can do for you”. I was livid. Asked to speak to a supervisor and thankfully she was very understanding. When I returned home from work Friday there was an envelope w a new gift card waiting by my door.
The mascara purchaser is supposedly a long time customer and they don’t believe she intentionally used my info. She most likely doesn’t even realize she’ll still have $ left on her own gift card. It’s hard for me to believe she somehow accidentally entered my exact number along w the access code. I’m just glad it’s now settled on my end.

I received a $100 gift card recently as a present. I applied $15ish toward a pair of havianas. Then I called Thursday night to use another $60 but was told I didn’t have a large enough balance. Huh?

Long story short, apparently someone in another state used my gift card info to purchase $50 worth of mascara. The rep goes “we treat gift cards like cash so there’s nothing we can do for you”. I was livid. Asked to speak to a supervisor and thankfully she was very understanding. When I returned home from work Friday there was an envelope w a new gift card waiting by my door.
The mascara purchaser is supposedly a long time customer and they don’t believe she intentionally used my info. She most likely doesn’t even realize she’ll still have $ left on her own gift card. It’s hard for me to believe she somehow accidentally entered my exact number along w the access code. I’m just glad it’s now settled on my end.
I'm glad it got resolved. But how did this person get your gift card info?

Just a heads-up, in case this has happened to anyone besides me. I used my 10-point day on November 24. Kept checking my rewards balance, but the points didn't appear. Finally I put in a call to CS, and after about 15 minutes on hold I got a very helpful CRS named Jason who told me that the 10 points were never applied (even though I FOR SURE checked off the option on the check-out screen). But it wasn't a problem; he was able to apply the points retroactively for me.
So check your rewards balance! :shocked:

Just a heads-up, in case this has happened to anyone besides me. I used my 10-point day on November 24. Kept checking my rewards balance, but the points didn't appear. Finally I put in a call to CS, and after about 15 minutes on hold I got a very helpful CRS named Jason who told me that the 10 points were never applied (even though I FOR SURE checked off the option on the check-out screen). But it wasn't a problem; he was able to apply the points retroactively for me.

When do rewards balance show? After the billing period? I did the same thing and haven’t seen my points either. My SA was the one that called in the 10 point day for me though. And I don’t see it as an option anymore when I checkout online so I’m guessing it went through? Thanks for the heads up! [emoji4]

When do rewards balance show? After the billing period? I did the same thing and haven’t seen my points either. My SA was the one that called in the 10 point day for me though. And I don’t see it as an option anymore when I checkout online so I’m guessing it went through? Thanks for the heads up! [emoji4]

Yes my SA did the same. I’ll message card services anyway to double check.

Apparently there was a hack or something and this happened to other people. I heard they cleared it up.

last days to use up your 10 point personal day if you haven't already. Also consider taking advantage of the gift card special going on now on Nordstrom's website. Purchase a $300 gift card and get a $50 bonus gift card to use in January (please note that there is an expiration date on the bonus card only and not the gift card)

Reactions: GeorginaLavender
OK so CALL Customer Service if your 10x points do not look right. My Personal 10 point Day was scheduled (they verified it) but the points were not applied to my items. So they adjusted them manually over the phone. If the points do not look right call. It was a 15 minute wait but worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.