Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2017 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you use priority for return shipping? I thought they were already insured up to a certain amount. Anything that's more valuable than the coverage I do insure and with USPS which is a lot cheaper than UPS/FedEx. USPS did lose my package once valued at $500 and when they couldn't find it they did offer me to open a claim. They were going to give me $500 but the package was finally found. I know you're upset about this but I do think it's good advice to insure with USPS.
I have insured some returns to Nordstrom, but I didn't with this one. I just object to spending that much more to return a package. I am also upset with the sort of cavalier way they addressed me. When I called, the representative didn't even want to listen to me. She kept cutting me off. I've seen their customer service and rewards change in the past 1-2 years, and I'm going to cut back on what I spend there. I may close my account, which I should do anyway.

I have insured some returns to Nordstrom, but I didn't with this one. I just object to spending that much more to return a package. I am also upset with the sort of cavalier way they addressed me. When I called, the representative didn't even want to listen to me. She kept cutting me off. I've seen their customer service and rewards change in the past 1-2 years, and I'm going to cut back on what I spend there. I may close my account, which I should do anyway.
I agree with above PP though. If you used Nordstrom's prepaid label then it's their responsibility to protect and insure their item. Don't they always claim "free shipping and free returns?" This definitely isn't free if they are asking you to pay and totally unfair.

I don't actually know, does Nordstrom's prepaid label usually insure the item worth it's value or is it always a standard label they send?

Reactions: kkfiregirl
I agree with above PP though. If you used Nordstrom's prepaid label then it's their responsibility to protect and insure their item. Don't they always claim "free shipping and free returns?" This definitely isn't free if they are asking you to pay and totally unfair.

I don't actually know, does Nordstrom's prepaid label usually insure the item worth it's value or is it always a standard label they send?
That's my point, and that's what I said to the customer service rep I spoke to. She cut me off. "That's what you're going to have to do." Come on. After 25+ years?

If Nordstrom includes prepaid shipping labels in their packages, it is THEIR responsibility to ensure the package. It is NOT the customer’s responsibility to pay for separate postage and tracking. That is insulting and absurd!

It doesn’t matter if you lived 15 mins away from Nordstrom. Maybe you don’t have time to go the store or simply don’t want to. Regardless, they have provided you with a label, so THEY need to take responsibility for packages that were lost while using their label!

I think this is bad customer service!
Exactly. That's my point. I don't understand this at all.

That's my point, and that's what I said to the customer service rep I spoke to. She cut me off. "That's what you're going to have to do." Come on. After 25+ years?
No, you don't have to do anything they say. You are not legally bound to do just because they insist. I'm sorry. Customer service is not anything like it used to be. And that's no way to treat a customer that's been doing business with them for so long. You should file a complaint with BBB.

No, you don't have to do anything they say. You are not legally bound to do just because they insist. I'm sorry. Customer service is not anything like it used to be. And that's no way to treat a customer that's been doing business with them for so long. You should file a complaint with BBB.
Thanks. I wanted to run this by others to make sure I wasn't overreacting.

That's an option.

Not overreacting at all ... you are being very calm and understanding!
Aww. Thanks.
I would have hung up and called to talk to another rep. Sometimes you'll get someone really nice and helpful and other times you might get someone difficult and not understanding.
You're right.
I would also post your experience on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/Nordstrom/

They'll probably respond with 'Send us a PM and we'll look into it," but at least you'll get your message out there, with a whole lot of other cust. service complaints.
I did this. I got a response and a new phone number that I plan to call tomorrow. I've never been this upset at Nordstrom before, so they really are becoming a different department store. It's sad.

I agree but people need to remember that there are those that lie and say it was sent back and they didn’t use the prepaid label or anything with tracking and then expect them to refund them. That gets expensive. Did you use their prepaid label with tracking @eleanors36 and if so, what did tracking show? Also, a different department usually handles these issues if over a certain dollar amount (which yours is) or if too many similar things happen on your account in short time (lost package to you or lost return). They just tell you what they’re told to say but it could be more tactful

I agree but people need to remember that there are those that lie and say it was sent back and they didn’t use the prepaid label or anything with tracking and then expect them to refund them. That gets expensive. Did you use their prepaid label with tracking @eleanors36 and if so, what did tracking show? Also, a different department usually handles these issues if over a certain dollar amount (which yours is) or if too many similar things happen on your account in short time (lost package to you or lost return). They just tell you what they’re told to say but it could be more tactful
I definitely used their label, and the label showed that the package was still at my location. I asked USPS about this, and they can't find it. So that's on USPS and Nordstrom.

Reactions: p3b and kkfiregirl
Update. I contacted Nordstrom again after I received a different phone number from my facebook post. This customer service person noted my concerns and that I can use Nordstrom return labels in the future. She agreed with me that these demands were ridiculous. Relief!!! Thank you, Rebecca from Nordstrom!
I'm so glad you got a reasonable CS rep this time. Big relief! Thanks for keeping us updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.