Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2017 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you feel they run? I've got a size 9.5 and I quickly tried them on w/o socks and they were slipping off my heels like crazy. However, I have narrow heels and one of my feet is sz 9. I'm not sure if I should try to find a 9 or if they are just loose like that b/c they are slip ons. They weren't the easiest to get on so I was surprised they were loose in the back. I'll have to try them with socks as I'd actually wear them. That might make a difference.
I normally wear a size 9 in Nike. Had to go down 1/2 size in this style.

My last item has finally arrived: the J. Crew Harlow cardigan in plum. I'm delighted with it. It's very lightweight, but still 100% merino, which will definitely take me through autumn. And because of the color (more a bright pink than plum) it will also work nicely in the spring.
It looks great with black pants and a black top (my standard dressy "uniform") but I think it will also be good with a casual tee and jeans.
I bought it in both M and L because I'd never tried this brand before, but it runs TTS so I will be returning the L. I did have to cuff the sleeves, which ran too large for me, but I'm 5' tall so I've been doing this my entire life!
I'm so pleased with the price and fit of this cardi that I'm actually considering getting it in black, also. Just what I need... yet another black top! :rolleyes:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/j-crew-...ory-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=BRIGHT PLUM

Anyone's husband or SO tried the Nordstrom brand of men's dress shirts and dress pants? I just noticed they are on sale for about $30 each which is not a bad deal if they are good quality. My husband is in desperate need of new clothes :P

My boss does. He mentioned he was going to NR to look for shirts and I told him about NAS. He said he looked in-store but the shirts were still "$50 and not cheap" so I linked them to the right ones on the website and he bought a bunch. Apparently it's his go-to work shirt.

My 3 ct Nordstrom Precious Metal studs are my daily wear earrings. I don't think they look too big at all. They will lean forward on my ears if the backs are not tight, but it's an easy enough problem to fix.

Soooo... I didn't think I was going to buy much this year. 8 orders later, I'm eating my words and my Nordstrom Card is smoking from all of the use. I've received all but two shipments. I was hoping that I'd be able to cull my selections by at least half, but so far no such luck.

1. Treasure and Bond cuff - love it, but you need small wrists.
2. Two by Vince Camuto heather grey leggings - haven't tried them on yet.
3. Tom Ford Carla sunnies in the brown - LOVE them. Perfect size and they will look fabulous in Italy next week. :biggrin:
4. Monica Vinander Riva Kite bracelet in rose gold - I was worried it was going to be too small but it fits nicely. I am usually a statement bracelet kind of person, so this is a departure. I really like it.
5. Jouer Lip Creme - The matte colour (Melon?) is very nice. Not a huge fan of the other--super metallic.
6. Nordstrom Precious Metals 4 ct studs - wanted a slightly bigger pair. Totally worth it.
7. Leith Easy Circle Cardigan in Burgundy Stem - haven't tried it on yet.
8. Nadri Trinity Pave ring in gold - TTS. Loved it so much I ordered other Trinity items in a later order.
9. YSL Lip Set in Nude - easily the beauty buy of the sale for me. The colors are fantastic.
10. T3 flat iron - I needed a dual voltage one that I can use in Europe. It was a toss-up between this and the GHD, and I'm really pleased with this one.
11. BFD Calypso Wrap Cardigan in Platinum/Black Ombre - haven't tried it on yet.
12. Sorel After Hours Bootie - Love them. TTS if you don't want to wear thick socks.
13. Wit & Wisdom Twisted Seam Ankle Skimmers - the distressing is a little weird but that can be fixed with washing and some strategic shredding. Love the fit. These don't have as much give as the Ab-Solution ones, but they look fantastic. They run large. (I was expecting to send these back. Nope. They came yesterday and I already wore them out to dinner last night.)
14. W&W Ab-solution Itty Bitty Boot Cut Jeans in Indigo and Black - also keepers. I wear petites and these are the perfect length. I can wear them with both heels and flats.
15. W&W Ab-solution Stretch Ankle Skinny Jeans in Blue and Black - waiting for them to arrive. I will probably return the blue, but I need a good black skinny jean.
16. W&W Ab-solution Split Release Hem Jeans - haven't arrived yet. These were the ones that initially caught my eye, but they sold out in my size. I stalked the site, and snatched them up yesterday when they became available. Showing as shipped.
17. Nadri Inside-Out hoops in rose gold - haven't arrived yet.
18. Nadri Trinity Double Link Necklace in gold - hasn't arrived yet.
19. Caslon Knit Blazer in B/W - hasn't arrived yet.
20. Kennebunk Home Bliss Throw in perfect teal - hasn't arrived yet.
21. BlankNYC Life Changer Moto Jacket - I sized up and I'm glad I did. Really good quality for the price.
22. BP Cotton Plaid Shirt in Blue Twilight - really like it. I could have gone smaller but I wanted an oversize fit. I just wish I could have gotten it in the black and white.
23. Nadri Edwardian Ear Crawlers in rose gold - Fun for a night out.
24. Halogen Cashmere Wrap in Tan - I didn't even consider this until someone here raved about it (I wish I remembered the username!). LOVE it. I'm going to be using it next week on my flights.
25. Nike EZ Classic Sneakers in Dusted Clay - haven't arrived yet.

Wow. I'm glad I only really shop twice a year. Out of everything I ordered, I may end up returning the Leith and BFD cardigans. Especially if they don't match the quality of ones I already have. I'm really pleased with how the Wit & Wisdom jeans fit. I have a booty and solid legs, with a stomach that I will probably never be able to get rid of, and they don't make me look fat or thick. They're a great deal at this price point.
I'm so glad you got the Halogen cashmere wrap! Enjoy your many travels with this luxe piece. [emoji4]

Reactions: Sofia Mena
How do you feel they run? I've got a size 9.5 and I quickly tried them on w/o socks and they were slipping off my heels like crazy. However, I have narrow heels and one of my feet is sz 9. I'm not sure if I should try to find a 9 or if they are just loose like that b/c they are slip ons. They weren't the easiest to get on so I was surprised they were loose in the back. I'll have to try them with socks as I'd actually wear them. That might make a difference.

My Nike running shoes are 9.5 and my normal size is 9. I tried both sizes on with thin ankle socks and went with 9. 9.5 was loose on heel and 9 was slightly snug across top but not uncomfortable and since they're leather they will stretch from what SA said

Reactions: Talinder
My Nike running shoes are 9.5 and my normal size is 9. I tried both sizes on with thin ankle socks and went with 9. 9.5 was loose on heel and 9 was slightly snug across top but not uncomfortable and since they're leather they will stretch from what SA said

I'm waiting to get mine in black. My normal size is 7 but they only had 7.5 (which is my Nike size) so I went with that. Now I'm really hoping they work!

Worst case, hope they restock after sale and I would happily pay the extra $25 because they do look really nice!

Reactions: p3b
Hi! I was hoping someone would be able to tell me if the 9oz S'well bottles were on sale during the pre-sale? If so, how much were they?

I purchased several yellow gold and as well as the gem collection 17oz S'well bottles and so far both the yellow gold ones I received came dented [emoji26]. My DD also finds that size a bit cumbersome for her, so I am thinking of exchanging for the smaller size.

Also, was the S'well wood collection on sale? If so, does anyone recall the price of the 17oz one?

Thank you!

I have enjoyed lurking! Fun thread!

There is a BlankNYC suede jacket in spice XL at my store in Milwaukee if anyone is interested. They did two merch inquiries for me out of other stores - proof that what's online is not all that there is
As soon as I saw this post yesterday I raced online and moved this jacket from my wishlist to my cart. The site let me check out, but I was sure the order would be cancelled. Tonight I got a shipping notice, it will be here Monday! Thanks so much for posting, I wanted this jacket so much!

I show mine purchases that I'm uncertain of. We usually agree, but not always. If I like it and he doesn't, it usually stays anyway. If I'm not sure and he likes it...well, I'll think about it. One of the coats I purchased in the sale is currently the subject of a similar debate (http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/catheri...dsearch-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=OXBLOOD). I like the silhouette and color but think it's too long and perhaps a bit dressy for my day-to-day life, while he likes the whole thing. I haven't decided if I want to try and alter or just send it back and try another style. Our finances are almost completely separate (joint account for mortgage, other home expenses), so other than the occasional eye roll, he largely keeps any opinions about purchase volume to himself.

Would you please post a mod pic of this coat? I was thinking of getting, but haven't yet. Thanks!

Reactions: buggiewomma
Status
Not open for further replies.