Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2017 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a sidenote...

Do you guys show your SOs your purchases? Either to show off or get opinions? I always show DH my purchases for his opinions even though he hates the item most of the time and I end up returning more than I otherwise would have. Seriously, his highest praise has been, "Hmmm....it's OK." I'm thinking maybe I should stop - it kind of sucks the joy out of shopping lol. But then again it saves me from spending more money. And I don't like feeling as if I'm hiding anything from him, even though they are just material goods.
I show my boyfriend my haul and ask him for his opinion on items I'm unsure about. When he says "it's okay" or "nah, I don't like it" and I happen to really like the item, I say "okay well I'm getting it!". Drives him nuts every time :graucho:

I think I've about wrapped up my NAS shopping. Sharing the items I'm returning or keeping:

Keeping:
- BP circle cardigan in indigo ... Love the color but the size (XS/S) seems smaller than last year's. Not a deal breaker tho.
- BP hooded cardigan in black ... Very comfy and perfect for cool nights.
- Beauty blender set ... I think this is a great deal for 2 BBs.
- Alo cropped "Happy Baby" hoodie ... Cute and comfy but I sized up as I prefer it a little longer.
- S'well 17 oz water bottle in woodstone
- Picnic time beach tote ... I love that it has an insulated bottom for drinks and different compartments to keep your things separate.
- Tapestry 17 month planner ... Who still uses this? It was too pretty to resist and can definitely be useful for planning.

Keeping (purchased from Trunk Club appointment):
- Citizens of Humanity rocket high waist jeans
- DL1961 Florence skinny jeans
- Cupcakes and Cashmere Audriana bell sleeve top ... Had to size up so need to shorten the sleeves a bit.
- Rag & Bone Ingrid sleeveless top... Perfect basic sleeveless to wear under leather jackets.

Still deciding:
- Barbour quilted hooded jacket in garnet ... I had to size up per recommendations and it is a beautiful jacket. Was deciding btn this and the Burberry one but this has a detachable hood, liner and the color is perfect for fall. The price is great too!

Returned/Returning:
- Louise et Cie ballet flat in black ... Cute shoes but they're the most painful flats in the world. I have giant blisters on my right heel and I don't think wearing it out will help.
- S'well 17oz water bottle in marble ... I wish it was more black than brown.
- Paige high waist jeans ... Love Paige but I got another pair from Citizens instead.
I got the Barbour Millfire jacket in garnet. I sized up per website instructions and it's too big. I quickly ordered the 6 and am hoping it gets shipped soon! Like you, I like the detachable hood.

I think in the last couple days someone mentioned that their BFD cardigan shed a lot (I can't find the post)... is that right? Have others had this issue? I'm finally trying to narrow down all my items and squeeze them into my budget - I like the cardigan and it was an impulse buy, but if it is a big shedder I may let it go. I wear almost all black all the time and go the blue (indigo?) colored cardigan, so shedding could be bad. Thanks!
Mine have not shed. At all.

View attachment 3775506
View attachment 3775507

Love my Nike Slip Ons! The leather almost has a wood grain effect! They blended in well with my skin tone, and I haven't been outside much at all this summer.

My blanknyc faux leather moto in XS fits great except if it cross my arms stretched out in front of me. Like I'm doing a butterfly stroke in the water. I won't be doing that in the jacket, and I think if I size up to small it will be too big in the waist and the sleeves too long. I'm keeping the XS.
I got a package (BFD shawl which I will probably live in all winter) and it arrived in a box with one piece of tape not even covering the seam on the top (so perpendicular). Box was open practically. Ugh.
Same here- my box with Lysee leggings was pretty badly bashed up and tape was barely holding it together. I thought for sure something would have fallen out but fortunately everything was there and in good shape. Holding my breath for the last of my purchases to arrive!

You don't get notes back, they'll return it to whatever card you charged the remaining balance to.
It's a great way to use the notes to pay off your CC balances. LOL. Once I literally asked an SA to apply the note to my balance and she said no, so I stuck my hand out, grabbed the nearest shirt off the rack (hideous and not my size) and said "I'd like to buy this with my notes and then return it please" and they did it no problem and snickered with me like we were colluding together.

Status
Not open for further replies.