Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every one of those Halogen U neck tees that I've ever bought has shrunk lengthwise and developed holes really quickly. Unless I find them for an amazing price at Nordstrom Rack, I won't buy them anymore.

My favorites from last year's sale were (as usual) basics: hanky panky undies, Chantelle bras, Zella leggings and Philosophy Purity.

As previously mentioned, I bought and still use the Kennebunk Homes throw, as well as the BFD throw and cardigan that I added to my ever-growing BFD collection during last year's sale. I also picked up a Sonya Renee necklace that still gets regular use. Probably doesn't count, but I also picked up a Ted Baker London makeup case from the sale at the Rack months later and still really like it!

I returned a lot before the sale even ended last year because I wasn't happy with the quality. The shoes and bags were a complete miss for me last year, but this year I'll probably try a pair of aquatalia booties, the Sam Edelman spike pumps, and maybe a pair of AGLs.
I like halogen cashmere too, though it can be super hit or miss. May try one of the tunic tops again this year...I have one from two years ago that I wear a lot in the winter!

We'll see what I end up with!

Last edited:
Things I bought last year: Zella leggings; I bought one pair last year of basic black ones, and they've really held up well. I'll probably buy another pair this year. I also bought the leopard Nikes, which I love. And the Burberry scarf, I adored! I hope they include another one this year!

Just barely got my catelog in the mail (w/ the little designer insert) and am pretty disappointed with the sales items. I am grateful for those posting photos on the forum but I'm old school and need to look at a catalog in person.

Don't see much that I will be purchasing this year (but maybe that is a good thing)

Sent from my HTC One mini using PurseForum mobile app

I think nordstrom tries to make their catalog consistent and appealing to the widest possible audience, and a lot of pieces that will go on sale aren't featured because they aren't 'mass demographic' pieces.

All my customers come in not-very-excited and end up going through the lookbook and choosing ~20 pieces just in apparel alone.

I think you guys will be happier when you see the stuff in person or the sale as a whole when it goes online. :smile:

Ps I just tried the Helmut Lang vest on in back and it's so cool! I didn't realize until trying that it's cut to have a lot of movement.

Love the question! Last year I bought things that surprised me - a white cotton Volcom dress from the juniors section that I love and get compliments on all the time. Also leopard print Stuart Weitzman flats and dolce vital over the knee tan boots. Wore them both a ton and have held up great. I know quality is hit or miss but every anniversary sale I get a few great items I wear lots over the years. One that comes to mind is a great marc New York dark navy blue moto jacket or a pair of pink Kate spade heels, and every year I get a chantelle bra. I always like NARS lip products, was disappointed in the Deborah Lippmann polish set. This year only the rag and bone vest and maybe the tibi top in the catalog interest me (and I worry about the latter being too trendy), but I'm sure I'll find a few things online that catch my eye. But much less buying as I will have a three week old at sale time - not getting too many new clothes then [emoji6]

Things I bought last year: Zella leggings; I bought one pair last year of basic black ones, and they've really held up well. I'll probably buy another pair this year. I also bought the leopard Nikes, which I love. And the Burberry scarf, I adored! I hope they include another one this year!

Oh, I forgot that those Nikes were from last years sale! I love mine!

Great finds from last years sale: Rag and Bones booties, Stuart Weizmann boots, Natori feathers bras. Disappointments: the BFD cardigan (blardigan)--I stopped liking it after the first wash (and I didn't put it in the dryer); Halogen/Caslon (nordys brand) cashmere sweater--shrunk;

Status
Not open for further replies.