Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
So last year some of us shared our favorite/least favorite sale items from the year prior, as a way of prepping for the upcoming sale. I would definitely be interested in reading what tPF-ers hits/misses were if anyone wants to share.

Reactions: Lisab68
So last year some of us shared our favorite/least favorite sale items from the year prior, as a way of prepping for the upcoming sale. I would definitely be interested in reading what tPF-ers hits/misses were if anyone wants to share.

Yes, I think this is a great idea! Please share! I'll go. Halogen tees = fantastic! I'm Hard on my tees and the ones I bought 2 sales ago are still in great shape even though I've worn them 100+ times. I do however line dry them and mainly wash them on cold, with a warm wash mixed in here or there to keep the funk away. Mac palettes last year, I thought these stunk. Hated them. The shadow didn't show up and I have fair skin. For me they were a waste and nothing like regular Mac shadows. Make & Model lounge wear, I usually love this brand but it all pilled and fell apart quickly. Wouldn't recommend. Zella hoodies, love them. Held up extremely well.

Halogen tees = fantastic! I'm Hard on my tees and the ones I bought 2 sales ago are still in great shape even though I've worn them 100+ times. I do however line dry them and mainly wash them on cold, with a warm wash mixed in here or there to keep the funk away.

Haha I was about to write that I'm done buying the Halogen tees. Mine have not held up at all and I feel like I can't wear them outside the house bc of the pilling. Must be the way I lazy-wash them.

Um...I didn't buy a lot last year bc I was 9 months pregnant, but I still love my stripe BfD cardi, it is still a fav. Plus I wore it during my hospital stay with my newborn son, so I have happy memories of doing skin-to-skin with the BfD draped over us. (Now I'm going to go have a good cry.) Hue wide waistband leggings are still great. I got a bunch of Nike Gym Vintage items and the Capri pants have been pilling but the hoodies are doing great. I'll probably buy more Capri pants this time around just bc I love them anyway.

My Aquaralia moto boots from 2014 are holding up really well after 2 winters, as is a Laundry tweed coat I bought.

Thank you to all the ladies who have posted on this thread, especially the pictures of the catalog. I'm still waiting for mine in the mail.

I saw the Zella stuff on sale in the catalog, but does anyone know if the basic black Zella leggings will be on sale and for how much? Thanks in advance.

Just in case anyone is interested, there will be a Mia Fit with a cleanser on Anniversary sale for $153. There is also a Michele silicone watch for $289 (from what I remember).

I didn't have a problem with the Halogen tees pilling--my problem was that they shrunk lengthwise! So they are about 1-2" shorter than I would really like. I must have tossed them in the dryer at some point by mistake.

I have loved the Zella leggings and capris that I've purchased. I also loved the Kennebunk throws, they are still looking great. One of my Pleione shirts pilled, and the other one had an oil spot that just wouldn't wash out so I didn't have great luck with Pleione last year.

I got a pair of Aquatalia Faye boots last year that I love. Aside from them, almost everything I've bought during the Anniversary Sales with the exception of basics, I've either returned/sold/donated or just regretted.

I love the Zella capris and leggings, and usually buy Halogen Tees, Hanky Panky, lingerie wash and Spanx if I need. I feel like I get caught up in the hype from these threads, or the push that this is special and I have to jump at it. I'm curious about the Stuart Weitzman over the knee boots, and maybe a pair of Nikes, but nothing else in the catalog really appeals to me so far. Given the economy lately, I feel like there are sales and discount codes out all of the time, and these prices aren't necessarily so great. I wear Rag & Bone Dre jeans, which are part of the sale this year, but I always find them at a better price then $ 183, which is the Nordstrom sale price.

That being said, I'm grateful to everyone who has posted pictures, and MsMarcel - thank you for all the info you've been sharing!

Reactions: MsMarcel
I LOVED the Halogen tees from last year...but they did not hold up for me. I bought two and both ended up with holes in them for no apparent reason. The material was a slub like material, so I think the wash was just harder on them. I did line dry them though...learned my lesson on that 2 years ago!
I always get a pair of the Zella leggings, and then the BFD cardigan is a pretty safe bet. I bought the Two by Vince Camuto leggings last year (someone posted about them earlier in this thread) and I love these! The material is thick so it's great for coverage and for looking nicer/high quality, and they fit well when you size them right (they run a little big so size down if you are between sizes). Last year you ladies convinced me to get the lingerie wash and a Natori Feathers bra, and these were both excellent purchases.
When the sale opens and everyone starts posting here what they got, it always makes me go back and buy more on your recommendations! You guys are awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.