Nordstrom and price adjustments.....

Lucky you! That is smart shopping. I love Nordstrom. If I can buy a bag there, I will. It's really worth it. With customer service like that, you can't go wrong. Congrats on your new bag. Can't wait to see!!!

WOW! ^^^ - Yes - I've done the price matching from an on-line site before --It's really worth it for me to get the best price, but keep the purchase at Nordies

I used to shop at NM on Michigan Ave years ago, mainly for clothing, but I'd occasionally buy bags there. But then my SA left and I never got the same kind of CS, so I started shopping Nordstroms. I almost never shop NM or Saks anymore, and Barneys isn't convenient to get to. Nordstroms seems to have the best sales and you can't beat the customer service and/or return policy. I also like to shop at this one particular store because it's in the next county over and that tax rate is lower -- for lower priced items it's not that noticeable, but when you start spending hundreds of dollars, that extra 3% really makes a difference!! Like I told my SA when I asked her to price match, I'd much rather get my bag from her than from some other store/online site.

roro -- I hope to post pics of the new bag soon - there was a small "problem" with it, and I'm waiting for another one to be transferred in for which I might exchange (you can read all about this *blip* in the chloe sub-forum)

this doesn't have to do with Price Adjustments, as much as PRICE MATCHING -- I went into Nordstroms this week to purchase a Chloe bag I've been wanting. Over the weekend, I went online and actually found the bag at Matches.com (a UK website). They had the bag I wanted and the price posted was the same as the US price, BUT, I went through all the steps as if I were going to purchase it, and once I put my address in (which is a US address), they deducted the VAT and the price of the bag dropped more than $250!!! Even with s&h it would have been less. I really thought about ordering it then and there, but started thinking about customs and how long it might take to get here and what would happen if I needed to return it for some reason, so I decided against it, BUT, I printed the checkout page which showed that it was the same bag, same color and the price. I also printed out the currency conversion to show what the price shown (which was in UK pounds) was the equivalent to in US dollars (which I got from xe.com). When I went to Nordstroms on Tue, I asked my SA if she could match the price. She looked at the printout, saw that it was the same bag, same color and looked at the date of the printout and said that "Sure, we can match it"!!! So I ended up paying $1412 for a bag that retails for $1670!!!!

Now, I don't know if every Nordstroms SA would do this -- I work with this SA on a regular basis and she knows me. But, it just goes to show that it NEVER hurts to ask!!! You just might get lucky!!

Wow! Nordstom's customer service is truly excellent! What a great deal for your new Chloe. I can't wait to see pictures!!

roro -- I hope to post pics of the new bag soon - there was a small "problem" with it, and I'm waiting for another one to be transferred in for which I might exchange (you can read all about this *blip* in the chloe sub-forum)

Oh no! Well hopefully, you get the bag that is perfect and you're happy with!

FYI -- thought I'd share this info with all my MJ gals!!!

Question: When are Nordstrom's sale events?

Answer:

Nordstrom holds Half-Yearly Sales for Women and Kids in June and November. Also, there are Half-Yearly Sales for Men in mid-June and late December. Our biggest sale of the year - the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale - is held each July. This event has become legendary among Nordstrom customers nationwide who enjoy outstanding savings on the most exciting new fall merchandise before the season starts.

In-Store and Online Sale Dates

• Half-Yearly Sale for Women and Kids - starts Wednesday, June 4
• Half-Yearly Sale for Men - starts Friday, June 13
• Anniversary Sale - starts Friday, July 18-Sunday, August 3
• Half-Yearly Sale for Women and Kids - starts Wednesday, November 5
• Half-Yearly Sale for Men - starts Friday, December 26