Nordies would NOT price match??!!

bagwatcher

Jun 18, 2007
I bought my son a Burberry sweater at Nordies and asked them to price match the Bloomies 20% for Friends & Family. Sales person made a call to ask and said no!! I was just plain shocked to say the least. I bought the sweater anyway and said that I would return it if I was able to purchase the sweater and Bloomies at a discount. Which I was able to by the way, but I am annoyed that they would price match. What happened to their customer service?

Did you bring something in to show the SA (printout of the same sweater, same size)? I find that nordstrom is following the lead of other retailers in terms of price matching...must be same size, color, and in stock.

ETA: Oh my gosh, your avatar is just sooooooo cute! :love:

I used to work at nordstrom, if you can show them the item either in the catalog or online as being eligible for the 20% off for friends and family I dont see why they wouldnt price match, but ultimately it is at the discretion of the SA. I would suggest taking it up with customer service or a manager. Not sure if things have changed since I left, but Nordstrom truly does bend over backwards for their customers.

I've noticed that at my Nordy's the pricematch for F&F is a bit of a hit/miss. They often say that they won't match the discount. I think a lot has to do with how well the store's doing. If they're doing well, they don't seem as "desperate" to make the sale...

They don't price match a percentage off the store or friends and family sales. They price match a specific price. Like if the sweater was marked to $98 at bloomies, they'd call over and if bloomies has it in stock for the $98 marked down price, they will match.

In the past they used to match juicy's 30% off deals, the asst manager at nordstrom told me about a year ago that they now only match a hard markdown (item marked down to X dollars) but not a general take X% off everything.

Did u try calling the 800 number on the website? They might be more helpful. I called them when mt nordstrom wouldn't price match for me. The lady heard my story and then called my nordtsrom to tell them to price match it for me.

They don't price match a percentage off the store or friends and family sales. They price match a specific price. Like if the sweater was marked to $98 at bloomies, they'd call over and if bloomies has it in stock for the $98 marked down price, they will match.

In the past they used to match juicy's 30% off deals, the asst manager at nordstrom told me about a year ago that they now only match a hard markdown (item marked down to X dollars) but not a general take X% off everything.

This is not true. They do price match the % off for F&F sales. They even PM those 30% off coupons I used to get in the mail for Coach. I have always had Nordstroms PM Bloomies F&F sale, I am shocked that this happened to the OP.

It's hit or miss with Nordy's PM other retailer's F&F. Supposedly they implemented this no match (F&F) policy about 1.5 years ago but it's really not consistent.

I used to work at nordstrom, if you can show them the item either in the catalog or online as being eligible for the 20% off for friends and family I dont see why they wouldnt price match, but ultimately it is at the discretion of the SA. I would suggest taking it up with customer service or a manager. Not sure if things have changed since I left, but Nordstrom truly does bend over backwards for their customers.

and this is the problem, because it's not at the discretion of the SA. It's Nordies store policy and SAs should adhere to it.

When you guys run into these SAs that don't want to pricematch, ask for the department and/or store manager.

I get where you are coming from, but in general Nordstrom gives their SAs freedom to make decisions in order to meet customers needs letting them use their discretion as they know how to help the customer best, although there are those times when the sales associate doesnt wish to be helpful. Like I said earlier, im not sure if policies have changed since I left, it could be that im behind on the policies as its been a while.

I get where you are coming from, but in general Nordstrom gives their SAs freedom to make decisions in order to meet customers needs letting them use their discretion as they know how to help the customer best, although there are those times when the sales associate doesnt wish to be helpful. Like I said earlier, im not sure if policies have changed since I left, it could be that im behind on the policies as its been a while.

oh, I totally get what you're saying. But giving SAs freedom is one thing, not following the Nordies policy for pricematching is a whole 'nother. Some of those SA's think they're Blake Nordstrom or somebody (give them a little power and they go overboard). Little do they know, they would probably have more returning customers being helpful, than not..

I recently asked for a price match at Nordie's on a Michele, and they did it but were not very happy about it and made me feel really bad. I think it was really the SA because she kept saying I hope I dont get fired over this, you dont want me to lose my job do you? I was dismayed she would say that especially after she called someone and was given authorization over the phone. I even brought a picture of the item with the price from the other retailer and she tried to say it was slightly different. Needless to say I was very P.O'ed. I buy a LOT from this store and my regular SA was on vacation so I went to someone else. I guess it all depends on the SA