Nordies Catalog April 2007; Chloe bag on pg 6a

1. Neiman Marcus Gift Card Event Earn up to a $500 gift card with regular-price purchase with code NMSHOP - Click or tap to check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Ok gals, have any of you received the April 2007 Nordies catalog with the Chloe satchel on pg 6a??

You all know how disappointed I have been with the new Chloe lines-- this bag calls to me :wtf::heart:

It is a gorgeous satchel with the classic Chloe handles, only the opening is a snap mechanism, like a clutch (I am so bad at this!!) and the Chloe logo looks like a little button (as in push a button, not sew a button).

ADORABLE!!! :yahoo:

$2895 :crybaby:

2. is it the maggie? bag angel posted a bag that fits the description and price

3. The Maggie. There are different versions, like single-clutch and double clutch.

4. Yeah, but it's antelope. :amazed: I justify my other bags because the skins could be considered by-products. We eat beef and even lamb, but who eats antelope? It IS a pretty bag but I just couldn't enjoy carrying it.

5. Question for ya:smile: Is the bronze paddy in the catalogue?
    Thanks!

6. ITA. :yes:

We've come a long way from Stella, haven't we? :s

7. DOH :push:

8. Are you sure it's actually made out of antelope? I thought the colour was jsut called antelope, because bags in other colours don't have antelope in the description.

9. ^ According to the Chloe website, it's made from antelope leather.

Not all Maggies are, though. :biggrin:

10. Are you sure? I still read it as being the colour. I'm just looking at the detailed information on the bag, theres that one that says:
    "maggie handbag with two clutches in antelope leather"

but the others say:
    "large sized zipped maggie handbag in taupe leather"
    "small sized maggie handbag with one clutch in ecru leather"

On all of them the leather looks exactly the same, just a different colour. I just don't get why one of them would be a different type of leather when the other two are referring to the colour?

11. ^ Ah, you may well have a point there. :yes:

Are antelopes that colour, do you think?

I know they're a slightly reddish brown, but I'm not sure if they're that colour, are they?

I know that they used to make Chamois leather out of split antelope skin (it's very soft) and the leather looked softer on the ones described as 'antelope leather', to me. :shrugs:

What do you think?

I hope you're right, BTW! :biggrin:

12. Some exampes of the redder species of antelopes, for your perusal (LOL! :lol: ).

I think the nearest is the Bongo (the last one), although, it's still not really the same, is it?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Hahahaha good work! I still think its the colour... Chloe aren't always that accurate in naming their colour... i.e. with the Maggie, the ecru is a really light cream, almost white...whereas I remmeber someone else saying ecru is like whiskey in another bag? Maybe I'm confused...

14. ^ HeHeHe! Thanks! :nuts:

Very true. :yes:

I think calling a colour after an animal is a mistake, though - it's too confusing! :push:

15. Nice pictures Chloehandbags, especially the baby antelope