Noooooo.. not my Damier neverfull!

Anjool

ANJOOL TALI LOVES
O.G.
Jul 13, 2010
I got my gorgeous damier neverfull MM nearly 6 months ago and this is the 2nd time i have worn her! I knew about the cracking issues before i got it, but thought i would atleast hope for the best... I never cinched her (the crack isn't even in a cinching area anyway..) Always stored it perfectly, and like i said... this is only the 2nd time i have worn her! Noooooooooo! It seems to be on the side, right where the stitched panels are on the interior, it causes a stifness to the top piping... like a corner and it's just cracked! Split! Booooo... They may have improved on the glazing on the handles i'm not sure but they definitely haven't improved on the treated leather cracking! Ok there is my venting out.... Hubby says Whatt!! You paid $$ for this bag.. take it back!
Here in AUS we don't get refunds.. should i exchange it? Will they credit me the new price or old price because it's increased $160 and they don't sell this original anymore.. what to do... :tdown::nogood::confused1:

Attachments

• 20140503_160522.jpg
    20140503_160522.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 1,439
  • 20140503_205353.jpg
    20140503_205353.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 1,432
  • 20140503_211627.jpg
    20140503_211627.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,422
See what i mean about where its cracking? The insides have the reinforced sides that are stiched all the way down and when it meets the top panel it makes it hard and like a corner, so the leather just splits.. gr

Attachments

• 20140503_160512.jpg
    20140503_160512.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 1,394
  • 20140503_211556.jpg
    20140503_211556.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 1,393
Take it in for sure. Perhaps you can get one in mono or DE. May have to spend the extra money but at least you'll have the piece of mind that it won't happen again with the untreated vachetta.

Keep us posted, good luck! Sorry that happened. Such a bummer.

Yes, definitely take it back. They probably have to replace the top piping for you. My bag cracked after a few uses too- but on the handles. I had to put up a fight to get them to repair it and they wanted to charge me. In the end, after it was sent to California to be repaired- they replaced both handles for free - when only one was bad so to me they were admitting the handles were defective and it wasn't my fault!!

Don't let them intimidate you-- I had three SA's giving me a hard time - not wanting to believe about the cracking issues.

Btw, I use mine all the time now and although there is slight cracking it's not too bad. I guess it's something that just happens with DE since it's a coating on top of the leather.

See what i mean about where its cracking? The insides have the reinforced sides that are stiched all the way down and when it meets the top panel it makes it hard and like a corner, so the leather just splits.. gr

Why not bring it back to the boutique and get them change the piping. If it's within a year they may change it for free...

Yes ma'am it is within a year - have them fix it. That's terrible. I have stayed away from the NF DE because of this. Lovely bag but just do not want to chance it - I went with other DE styles instead. I'm so sorry.

Be Blessed MoNikki

yes, definitely take it back. They probably have to replace the top piping for you. My bag cracked after a few uses too- but on the handles. I had to put up a fight to get them to repair it and they wanted to charge me. In the end, after it was sent to california to be repaired- they replaced both handles for free - when only one was bad so to me they were admitting the handles were defective and it wasn't my fault!!

Don't let them intimidate you-- i had three sa's giving me a hard time - not wanting to believe about the cracking issues.

Btw, i use mine all the time now and although there is slight cracking it's not too bad. I guess it's something that just happens with de since it's a coating on top of the leather.
+1

Thank you all for your responses/opinions.. I really don't want to have to send her off.. after using it 2 times? Thats such a shame. I will go to the boutique tomorrow and see what they will do. Maybe there might be one left somewhere in australia to replace it otherwise i hope they will just exchange giving me the new price point.. seems fair to me.. just so dissapointed i love this bag and was going to use it all winter.

Same thing happened to me. I picked up a Neo Neverfull in Damier Ebene MM. Used it a total of TWO TIMES and the crack appeared!

Took it back for exchange. All the ones they had in the store had either wrinkled/bubbly trim, squares not lined up, crooked stiitching, etc. I've seen it all.

The one I originally had was PERFECT in all areas and it ended up cracking!

Thank you all for your responses/opinions.. I really don't want to have to send her off.. after using it 2 times? Thats such a shame. I will go to the boutique tomorrow and see what they will do. Maybe there might be one left somewhere in australia to replace it otherwise i hope they will just exchange giving me the new price point.. seems fair to me.. just so dissapointed i love this bag and was going to use it all winter.

I'm having the same problem. My crack is where the pocket seam is…so it is also where there is more material. I bought mine from Yoogi's. The rest of the bag is in brand new condition…I'm not sure the prior owner even used it. I carried it for two days and all of sudden, there was the crack. I was in LV today and they said they can send it back to CA to have the leather replaced…but it will take 6 weeks. I am hoping that they over quote the time it takes. The way the SA was talking it doesn't sound like there will be a charge, but I asked what the charge would be if there is a charge and she said $70. So, I'm going to bring it back in over the next day or two and have them send it out. In the meantime, I need to move out of this bag that I just moved into a week ago…and which I really love. I am SO sad!! Good luck and please keep us posted.