Noooo! My Bourdeaux First has a rip!!! :(

Oh no! That is so disappointing! I really hope you hear from them asap and get it resolved. Before I moisturized mine there was a place I got worried where it would rip. I think the leather is just too dry... That just really shouldn't be happening on bags that expensive!

layla said:
Pupsterpurse, I hope BNY will make it right for you. So sorry to hear this happened to you as well as didi78.

Maybe Balenciaga needs to put a warning tag on the bags: Due to the manufacturing process and distressing, your bag might crack or rip.:ninja:

Another suggestion is for Balenciaga to mention, "Be sure to lube the bag as a preemptive measure."

Good luck with your bag tomorrow. :flowers:

I am sure part of the problem is the bags sitting in a warehouse under who knows what conditions and for how long. We also don't know if this was a return and the damage was caused by someone elses' carelessness or if it was a floor model. I hope its not manufacturing with as many bags as they sell.:amuse:

shoegal said:
I am sure part of the problem is the bags sitting in a warehouse under who knows what conditions and for how long. We also don't know if this was a return and the damage was caused by someone elses' carelessness or if it was a floor model. I hope its not manufacturing with as many bags as they sell.:amuse:

:shame: I had not thought of some of the great points you made shoegal.

One thing I know for certain is the leather has changed over the years and I wonder if all the distressing they're doing is good for the bags? Now it's hit or miss with the bags where as before you could count on the quality of your bag.

WHAT THE :censor: !!!

unacceptable! all these bags with quality issues are so ANGERING!! I cant believe it! I'm so so sorry pupster! i cannot believe that there are such issues on purses that we all expect to be of a certain caliber! they need to return to the old leather, if only to keep their clientle from swtiching brands. IMO balenciagas are all about the leather, if this continues... *warning* :rant:

I bought a Bordeaux City direct from BalNY last summer, as soon as they came out. It also had a deep long scratch--not quite a rip. I thought I could live with it, but I eventually sold it at a consignment shop, for much less than I paid. I should have returned it right away, but I was blinded by Bbag luv...

I'm in the minority of gals who actually likes the new veiney leather--or at least I can live with it, because its apparently what the designer intended, at least for a few seasons. But I DO think that the extra-distressing that the leather is going through creates more chances for damage. I'd advise everyone to carefully check over their bags in good light before purchasing, whenver possible. If you find a problem after the fact, return it ASAP!

I got it all sorted out! Yay! I posted on a new thread about it. Thank you all so much for your kind words and support! :smile: Jill, I am so sorry to hear that the same thing happened to you before. Was your Bordeaux as dry, crackly, and paper thin as mine? I think that is why it got damaged. That leather was begging for some conditioning. I was afraid it would break apart in a strong wind.