Nooo! I crushed a banana inside my Birkin!!!!

betises_lau said:
Could I be more stupid??? I crushed a banana inside my Birkin bag!!! :rant:

I feel so sad i could cry! I wiped the inside with kitchen paper, but I am really not sure which product to use to clean what's left!!! Do you girls know if a little bit of soap and water is OK? (Black Togo leather, i know it's not fragile, but still...) I cannot see myself phoning Hermes with such a stupid question... :hrmm:

A little mild soap on a damp towel, then rub some Meltonian leather care lotion and rub with soft dry cloth or...add ice cream, choc sauce and have a bananna split:graucho:

I am speechless.... gasp! I don't have a Birkin, but most things can be wiped down with a slight damp towel. I am so sorry! Let us know how it turns out.... Good luck!

Call Hermes as soon as possible. I got gum stuck at the bottom of my Kelly after I set in down on the cement next to my table a few years ago. I sent it right to Hermes to clean.

betises_lau said:
Could I be more stupid??? I crushed a banana inside my Birkin bag!!! :rant:

I feel so sad i could cry! I wiped the inside with kitchen paper, but I am really not sure which product to use to clean what's left!!! Do you girls know if a little bit of soap and water is OK? (Black Togo leather, i know it's not fragile, but still...) I cannot see myself phoning Hermes with such a stupid question... :hrmm:

Please do not use any chemical cleaning agent to clean it and and only use a damp cloth to wipe it down. If there is any residue left, you can try to remove them with a very soft tooth brush. The best option is of course to send it to Hermes for a thorough cleaning. Hope this helps.

lovehermes said:
Call Hermes as soon as possible. I got gum stuck at the bottom of my Kelly after I set in down on the cement next to my table a few years ago. I sent it right to Hermes to clean.

OUCH!!! :shocked: That's why I never put my bags on the floor wherever I am.....

HermesAddiction said:
OUCH!!! :shocked: That's why I never put my bags on the floor wherever I am.....
I carry a large plastic shopping bag (not a thin grocery store bag) in the pocket of my Birkin. If there is simply no other choice but to set it on the floor for any reason, the Birkin slips in the plastic bag and is totally protected.

Greentea said:
I carry a large plastic shopping bag (not a thin grocery store bag) in the pocket of my Birkin. If there is simply no other choice but to set it on the floor for any reason, the Birkin slips in the plastic bag and is totally protected.

I love this idea!!!

Greentea said:

I use a purse hook to keep my precious bags off the floor and it has come in handy many times when I can't rest it on a chair :biggrin:

Thanks for your advices. I could not ccall Hermes on a Sunday...

So i wipe gently, patiently with a little bit of water. though i trust the quality of the leather, i did not dare to use soap. Hey, banana is organic!
It looks OK now.

:sad:

Thanks for the suggestions about the plastic bag and hooks, but I really want to use my bags plus it was right near my feet so noone could swipe it. For example, I was walking outside of Starbucks a few months ago and my eye caught a gorgeous 35 gold Birkin hanging from the back of a chair while the owner of the Birkin went up to the counter to get coffee...you know what was in the back of my mind....swipe, although would never do that!! I've also seen bags sitting in grocery shopping carts while the owner is off someplace else looking at items.

^ LOL - reminds me of a time that I saw a lady w/ her Rouge VIF croc birkin (GH) @ Trader's Joes. The thing is that the poor bag looked so worn & beat IMO that I actually felt sorry for the bag. No desire to swipe it - I just felt sorry that something so luxurious can look so tossed. I guess she didn't take good care of it.:sad:

hermes_lemming said:
^ LOL - reminds me of a time that I saw a lady w/ her Rouge VIF croc birkin (GH) @ Trader's Joes. The thing is that the poor bag looked so worn & beat IMO that I actually felt sorry for the bag. No desire to swipe it - I just felt sorry that something so luxurious can look so tossed. I guess she didn't take good care of it.:sad:
:cry: Ouch! Croc is very delicate and needs special care.