Nooo! I crushed a banana inside my Birkin!!!!

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Could I be more stupid??? I crushed a banana inside my Birkin bag!!! :rant:

I feel so sad i could cry! I wiped the inside with kitchen paper, but I am really not sure which product to use to clean what's left!!! Do you girls know if a little bit of soap and water is OK? (Black Togo leather, i know it's not fragile, but still...) I cannot see myself phoning Hermes with such a stupid question... :hrmm:

2. oh.my.goodness!
    i think i would die screaming if this happened to me. you might want to try one of those shout cloth wipes, which i know would work, but test it on an inconspicuous area first.
    i don't know; i think i'd phone hermes anyway... it's worth it to save your precious bag!!

3. I would wipe it out and let dry and see what it looks like - maybe some leather cleaner? I would think it woul be okay - but sorry!!

4. :yucky: :roflmfao:

5. If it's the inside, it's the chevre leather part which is VERY water resistant and durable. That's why they use it as lining. My friend spilled a whole baby bottle of MILK in her Birkin and just cleaned it up with a soft towel. No mess, residue or smell was left.

6. Oh, noooo!!!

I think in any case you can still call Hermes for suggestions.

7. call them!! .. if ur embarrassed just don't give them your name or identify urself in anyway :]

8. Isn't there a Hermes soap?

9. Oh no... I'm so sorry for your little accident. Definitely DO CALL THEM right now! Good luck!

10. yeap, there is! It's actually quite good. I use it to clean my non-Hermes bags from dirt.

11. Is it the saddle soap?

12. Yeap! I posted it in the Hermes Informative Catalog before:

The official name is "Pain de Savon Glycerine" or "Savon H a la Glycerine" (Sodium Soap in English). It says that it is made out of fatty acids of animal. It's mainly used to clean the saddles, hence, saddle soap.

13. Oh no! :yucky: I would call, or maybe try the saddle soap that LaVan is referring to.

Good luck!

14. sorry to hear about ur unfortunate incident.. hope u got it cleaned by now...

15. don't use anything like a shout cloth. no weird chemicals! at most a damp cloth and then immediately a dry towel.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice