Non-woven Veneta?

Danzare

Dec 11, 2009
Hello, this might be an odd question, but I'm a BV newbie so please bear with me... I was wondering if the Veneta also comes in regular leather (non-Intrecciato style), since I think I saw it once in an Ebay listing.
(It was not the Cervo Hobo, it looked like a Veneta to me)

Hope this wasn't already asked, I didn't find anything using the Search bar.
Thanks for your help,
Silvia

Hi there, Danzare, welcome!:flowers:

I too have only seen exotic for non-woven veneta. They have a non-woven campana (also hobo style but has open top and two handles) and another bit more structured bag but shaped a bit like veneta with open top and one handle (I don't know the name), though.

Did you save the pic from the auction?

hello welcome to bv such a wise decision

they made a catalano campana that was nowoven maybe it was that

Hello, this might be an odd question, but I'm a BV newbie so please bear with me... I was wondering if the Veneta also comes in regular leather (non-Intrecciato style), since I think I saw it once in an Ebay listing.
(It was not the Cervo Hobo, it looked like a Veneta to me)

Hope this wasn't already asked, I didn't find anything using the Search bar.
Thanks for your help,
Silvia

Thank you for all the kind answers and warm welcome :smile:

Unfortunately Mid- I didn't save the pic since I happened to be on a shared computer; it would have been easier if I had it.

Perhaps it was a catalano Campana like septembersiren suggested...seemed like nappa to me, so no fancy leathers.

I'm definitely a fan of the trademark Intrecciato but I don't know how easy it would be to take care of..I'm just in love with the shape of the Veneta though. Such a classic, versatile style; the perfect hobo.

Ok, maybe I got it. What I saw must have been something similar to this:

4327621845_558ac72057_o.jpg

4327621919_ee24991712_o.jpg

4327621999_6eaf33f355_o.jpg

4328355704_3358496aa2_o.jpg

..so not exactly woven but not plain leather either. I have no idea, though, whether this was part of a capsule collection or is still in production.
PS.septembersiren , I saw the Catalano Campana you mentioned in the Style Reference section, and I find it stunning! Do you know when it was issued?

BV has made non-woven venetas in the past. I have a cervo one - here's a link to it in the reference library:

http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-veneta-style-reference/veneta-belly-veneta-pics-only-246403.html#post5491698

I also have a quilted veneta:

http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-veneta-style-reference/veneta-belly-veneta-pics-only-246403-2.html#post5491790

But, I haven't seen them make a non-woven veneta in the past couple of years. I think the one that you posted is several years old.

I want to say fw08 but I am not sure
they have done the veneta in lots of ways
they did it with zippers I think that was ss07
partially woven like the one you have a picture of
the tournaboni
the pleated
they are always pushing the envelope and reinventing
the latest reinvention that I just love is the iron bag
they made it bigger and it can go on your shoulder now
and they did it in orchid yolk and nero
the handle attaches with a calyso clip so you can double it and then it really resembles the iron bag but bigger
another reinvention is the baby bag this year
it is not a frame bag now but has chain shoulder strap and it actually has a closure. I think Is aw Bichon Lover do a reveal on this bag. It is really beatuiful
Mr Maier is all about invention functionality and elegance

Ok, maybe I got it. What I saw must have been something similar to this:

4327621845_558ac72057_o.jpg

4327621919_ee24991712_o.jpg

4327621999_6eaf33f355_o.jpg

4328355704_3358496aa2_o.jpg

..so not exactly woven but not plain leather either. I have no idea, though, whether this was part of a capsule collection or is still in production.
PS.septembersiren , I saw the Catalano Campana you mentioned in the Style Reference section, and I find it stunning! Do you know when it was issued?

Kiss_P: your Cervo Veneta is simply stunning, I love the simplicity and colours. I agree that the one I posted above must be old, since the pics come from an Ebay auction and the bag is pre-owned.
Well, let's just hope BV eventually decides to re-issue non-woven Venetas. Thanks for your help, and congrats on your bags, they're beautiful.

septembersiren: wow, seems I have a lot to catch up on...gonna go delve into the reference threads and the reveals to see all the awesome ideas Mr. Maier came up with ;)
Gotta amit though that I'm all for simplicity and minimal lines, I think the simplest, cleanest designs are the ones that let exquisite materials and superb craftmanship shine best...

Last edited: