Non paying bidder.... What to do

beauxgoris

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
It's been 48 hours and still no payment. Now that it's impossible for seller to leave buyers negative feedback (I really think this is unfair btw!) is there anything I can do about a non paying bidder. She has 7 feedback, so not a total newbie - but I'm still upset. It costs money to list things and I feel annoyed and cheated....

Well, the buyers technically have 4 days from the end of auction to pay for the item, according to eBay rules. If they still haven't paid in 2 more days, you may file a NPB (non-paying bidder) claim and request to cancel the transaction through eBay. Then, if the buyer still has not paid after a couple more days after the claim is filed, you can close the claim/case against them and get your eBay fees (just the final value fees, not insertion fees) back.

They have 4 days to pay, per *bay policy, and then you can open a Non-paying bidder case. Bidder then gets another 4 days to pay. After that, you can close it and get your fees back if the bidder does not pay. A Non-paying strike will go against the bidder.

A buyer has 4 days to pay.

Maybe send a non-threatening, kind reminder, like, "ebay recently changed its policy so that buyers have to pay within 4 days" will be enough of a message for the person to pay up.

When the time frame was 7 days, I had a quite few buyers paid on 5th or 6th day. Sending a nice and simple reminder is good idea. The most of them responded right way. I know we all like fast payment buyers, but not paying after 48 hour is not unusual. Hope your buyer pays soon!

48 hours is not long enough. You have to wait longer (four days like the others have stated) before you can do anything. After that you can file a non paying bidder with ebay.

I agree it´s a PITA, sadly nothing much to do. You will get your FVF fees back but not your listing fees. I wouldn´t worry just yet if I were you though. There are many people who pay after a few days, even close to a week. Send a nice email and remind the buyer:smile: Good luck.

48 is not long enough. IMO, give her 7 days. But I do understand how annoying it is. I just had a girl string me out for over two weeks, saying she would pay up on the 30th. Day rolls around and she writes that she "owes the feds thousands of dollars" so needs to pass, but that I shouldn't "be weary of ebay buyers who can't pay right away." I wrote her a nice note, saying that things come up, but I still need to strike her. She ruined an auction with lots of bidders, so deserves it..... My point being, you should strike her. I also see nothing wrong with writing something like "Bid and did not buy" when the case is closed and you have a final value credit.

I write 48 hours on my auctions, but that really doesn't matter what I write. After 48 hours I remind again. After 4 days of not hearing anything I open a NPB. If I still hear nothing I close after 4 days. I find people normally pay with in 48 hours OR they wait until the 7th day because they know they can.