Non-paying bidder! Can she leave negative feedback?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Feb 19, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
    I put up a pair of jeans on eBay last weekend. Besides the auction itself, I had the Buy It Now option. Within TWO HOURS of my posting going up, a bidder selected the BIN. However, she has not paid for the item (even though I state that all buy-it-now purchases require immediate payment).

I gave her another three days to pay (including sending her nice reminder email and a second invoice)--no such luck--and I opened up a non-paying bidder case (which could only be opened up after 4 days after the auction's end).

Anyway, she emailed me today with a "you know, some of us have lives and I'm not always in front of my computer like you." Oh, and she still hasn't paid! However, eBay automatically extends her another 4 days to pay when I opened up this case, so now I'm afraid she will pay within those four days, but will leave negative feedback...

Now I'm wondering if there's a way to not sell her these jeans. I'm concerned that she's going to leave negative feedback (she totally had a 'tude in that email), even though I've been nothing but fully courteous and professional.

Is there a way to "undo" this deal? I can't cancel her bid since the auction ended with the BIN.

(Obviously, this is my first non-paying bidder ever, so I'm totally clueless about what I should do. Oh, and I've never not immediately paid for any purchase I've made on eBay...good karma, you know?...so it blows my mind that someone would not pay.)

ETA: She has 100% positive feedback and a feedback score above 100, so she seemed like a safe buyer...

2. You have to wait it out. There was definitely some attitude in her response but maybe you caught her on an off moment. If she pays, send her the jeans. It sounds like both of you have good ebay reputations. It is unlikely that two good reputations are going to end up in a neg.

3. agree here..chalk it up to perhaps she was having a "bad moment"

so don't let the attitude spoil the transaction...